Teams & Riders Fabio Aru discussion thread

Page 27 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aru has never been to the Tour and he'll be 26 next year. I think it's time he tries it, he won't have the pressure to go there and win it at his first shot.

As for Lombardia, I read somwhere he'll be riding some Kazakh race at that time.
 
Re:

SafeBet said:
Aru has never been to the Tour and he'll be 26 next year. I think it's time he tries it, he won't have the pressure to go there and win it at his first shot.

As for Lombardia, I read somwhere he'll be riding some Kazakh race at that time.
Wut? I know it's a Kazahk team, but I thought Lombardia was absolutely huge for Italians..
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
SafeBet said:
Aru has never been to the Tour and he'll be 26 next year. I think it's time he tries it, he won't have the pressure to go there and win it at his first shot.

As for Lombardia, I read somwhere he'll be riding some Kazakh race at that time.
Wut? I know it's a Kazahk team, but I thought Lombardia was absolutely huge for Italians..
Yeah, but Tour of Almaty is also huge for Astana so.Nibali also rode in Almaty last year.
 
Some interesting thing from the program:

He confirmed that the main goal for next season is the Tour and Cassani (called during the program) said that he will be the captain for Olympics along with Nibali because it's a climber route in Rio.

He also said that this year will ride Milano-Torino, Tour of Almaty and probably Abu Dhabi Tour along with Nibali, but is already fully focused on new year program.

Martinelli said that they resigned for two season Aru crew (Tiralongo, Cataldo, LL Sanchez, Rosa, Zeits) with the exception of Landa that will ride for Sky.

The rest was only celebration of Vuelta triumph with short phone call with Cassani (that gave the 11 man list for the worlds) and Tiralongo (that confirmed the contract extension and talk about the project that they have for the next two years).
 
Re:

Nirvana said:
Some interesting thing from the program:

He confirmed that the main goal for next season is the Tour and Cassani (called during the program) said that he will be the captain for Olympics along with Nibali because it's a climber route in Rio.

He also said that this year will ride Milano-Torino, Tour of Almaty and probably Abu Dhabi Tour along with Nibali, but is already fully focused on new year program.

Martinelli said that they resigned for two season Aru crew (Tiralongo, Cataldo, LL Sanchez, Rosa, Zeits) with the exception of Landa that will ride for Sky.

The rest was only celebration of Vuelta triumph with short phone call with Cassani (that gave the 11 man list for the worlds) and Tiralongo (that confirmed the contract extension and talk about the project that they have for the next two years).
Thanks, so should we consider Nibali->Giro and Aru->Tour settled? I dont know what I would prefer to watch, I dont care really, just hoping Nibali will get his *** together for the Giro to put on a show against Landa
 
Re:

Pantani_lives said:
So Aru is not going to try to copy Nibali's scheme of winning Vuelta, Giro and Tour in that order? He will want to win the Giro at least once. For an Italian it's always a dilemma.
I don't think he has to worry about the Giro - barring crashes and other forms of bad luck he should win the Giro within several years. It's the Tour he has to worry about. More has to "go right" for him to win it.
 
Re:

Pantani_lives said:
So Aru is not going to try to copy Nibali's scheme of winning Vuelta, Giro and Tour in that order? He will want to win the Giro at least once. For an Italian it's always a dilemma.
Nibali scheme was actually going to the Tour multiple times before winning the Giro.
 
Re: Re:

Valv.Piti said:
Nirvana said:
Some interesting thing from the program:

He confirmed that the main goal for next season is the Tour and Cassani (called during the program) said that he will be the captain for Olympics along with Nibali because it's a climber route in Rio.

He also said that this year will ride Milano-Torino, Tour of Almaty and probably Abu Dhabi Tour along with Nibali, but is already fully focused on new year program.

Martinelli said that they resigned for two season Aru crew (Tiralongo, Cataldo, LL Sanchez, Rosa, Zeits) with the exception of Landa that will ride for Sky.

The rest was only celebration of Vuelta triumph with short phone call with Cassani (that gave the 11 man list for the worlds) and Tiralongo (that confirmed the contract extension and talk about the project that they have for the next two years).
Thanks, so should we consider Nibali->Giro and Aru->Tour settled? I dont know what I would prefer to watch, I dont care really, just hoping Nibali will get his **** together for the Giro to put on a show against Landa
Nibali after 2014 Tour said that his plan for the upoming two seasons will be 2015 all in for the Tour as defending champion and 2016 for Giro and Olympics, i don't think he changed his plan even if he failed the Tour this year. Indeed probably this season convinced him that winning the Giro is easier than the Tour for him and if he want to ride the Vuelta will be fresher.

My hope about Nibali is for cobbled classics, i really want to see if he is able to compete after his showing in the cobbled stages of Tour.
 
Mar 24, 2015
743
1
3,280
Re: Re:

Nirvana said:
Indeed probably this season convinced him that winning the Giro is easier than the Tour for him and if he want to ride the Vuelta will be fresher.
Thinking that Nibali would rather ride the Giro than the Tour because it's easier to win it means to understand nothing about his character. He would never make such a choice based on those motivations.
As said, he was planning to ride 2016 Giro long before riding (and failing) this year Tour. Actually that failure might have made him have second thoughts, changing his plans and going again for the Tour, willing to prove himself. The only problem, at this stage, is Aru. The original plan was to send him to the Tour, and having won the Vuelta, it strenghtens his position even more.
My guess: Nibs rides the Giro as planned, then, depending on how he feels after and and how the Giro turned out, he goes to the Tour supporting Aru and ready to step up if the teammate has a bad day.
 
Re: Re:

TourOfSardinia said:
Nirvana said:
There is now Aru, with Rosa, Vanotti, Martinelli and Zanini, guest at "Radiocorsa" on Italian channel RaiSport1 (here the streaming live http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/dirette/PublishingBlock-7131f72e-5ca4-45f7-bd50-ebf161d164fc.html?channel=RaiSport%201).
Watch Again here
http://www.rai.tv/dl/RaiTV/programmi/media/ContentItem-e980a92e-1faf-4884-b88b-91bab31c7bbb.html
(might/not be geoblocked)
Damn she likes to talk. Weirdly hot as well.
 
Nov 26, 2014
523
0
3,280
Re: Re:

HelloDolly said:
Well that is Nibali out of Astana next year .... Wonder will TCS pick him up to replace Contador in 2017
I know it is offtopic here (but in Contador thread there are so many posts that I am not able to read them) but you are sure Contador will retire after next year? He is 33, it is not so retirement age yet in my opinion, I know he was tired after this tour but for me it would be pitty if he will finish next year
 
Aug 31, 2012
7,550
1
0
Re:

Miburo said:
Aru is gonna get rekt at the tour though
I wouldn't be so sure. Young rider, lots of potential for improvement. I expect him to reach the next level at the Tour. Having more experience, he'll also have smoothed out those worrisome performance fluctuations around rest days.

He'll do better than Nibali did this year.
 
If the other big 3 are able to get through the Tour without crashes, I think he'll have a real hard time beating them. Truth is bad luck happens (could happen to him as well) and he definitely has a chance at a podium place. I'd at least expect him to place 4th. I really hope he continues to improve...he's one of my fav's right now.
 
Re: Re:

bassano said:
HelloDolly said:
Well that is Nibali out of Astana next year .... Wonder will TCS pick him up to replace Contador in 2017
I know it is offtopic here (but in Contador thread there are so many posts that I am not able to read them) but you are sure Contador will retire after next year? He is 33, it is not so retirement age yet in my opinion, I know he was tired after this tour but for me it would be pitty if he will finish next year
He confirmed as recently as last month that his intention is still that next season will be his last. It does seem already that he's struggling to motivate himself and that his focus is turning towards developing his U23 team.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/contador-planning-final-season-of-tour-de-france-success/
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/contador-hoping-to-establish-new-worldtour-team/
 
Re: Re:

SeriousSam said:
Miburo said:
Aru is gonna get rekt at the tour though
I wouldn't be so sure. Young rider, lots of potential for improvement. I expect him to reach the next level at the Tour. Having more experience, he'll also have smoothed out those worrisome performance fluctuations around rest days.

He'll do better than Nibali did this year.
This means a podium. Doable with his team of merry men plus Nibs in a few key stages if he'll ride Le Tour as prep for Olympics. Vino is playing smart, bag a GT quick with Nibali, keep the sponsors happy then put up a show in France with the new hot property Aru. But what about Vuelta? Will Aru be capable of winning it after Le Tour?
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY