• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fabio Jakobsen thread

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Groenewegen has some issues following his train. And AFAIK Ewan and his train are not all that optimal. In regards to experience and training together.

Hence i am leaning more towards Jakobsen vs. van Aert.

The problem is that Groenewegen's timidness between 3 to 1kms to go which can result in him losing the wheel because he does not following his sprint train - His refusal/inability to follow the sprint train is leading to disharmony in the team. I've felt sorry for Mezgec in the last two years - Suffered last year with Matthew's inability to hold his wheel in the final, while this year he has spent half his races looking back to find Groenewegen with one km to go

The way the time limit works means that the faster they go on the flat, the greater the time limit. And a fast flat start should take relatively less out of Jakobsen compared to the doms that pace the rest of the stage.
Yesterday was a good example of that. Quick-Step was chasing the break on the flat before Aubisque, and in the end of the day all 6 riders were among the last 7 on the stage.

Reactions: jmdirt and SHAD0W93
I didn't know the finish today was with this ramp in the last 100 meters. I think in that case he wasted a good chance yesterday, because i think had Philipsen not crashed, he would have beaten him with that ramp at the end. By which i mean maybe he was faster than Philipsen yesterday, but he wasn't positioned ideally. Today i think he would have lost. Not that it's important for him, he's got his win and he seems to be getting in shape in time.

Reactions: SHAD0W93

TRENDING THREADS