• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fantasy Tour de France Game

Although the TDF is a month a way I thought I would give a heads to for a TDF Fantasy Game.

Fantasy Cycling

The game is free to enter.

The basic jist is that you have 9 riders and 50 points to spend on the riders as you see fit, different riders have different values.

The game awards points for each stage 1st to 15th and also for GC position, KOM and MV.

Points for stages: 1st=25, 2nd=20, 3rd=16, 4th=12, down to 15th=1
Overall GC: 1st=100, 2nd=80, 3rd=64, 4th=48, down to 15th=4
Overall KOM: 1st=75, 2nd=60, 3rd=48, 4th=36, down to 15th=3
Overall MV: 1st=50, 2nd=40, 3rd=32, 4th=24, down to 15th=2

Bonus points: Rider starting day in yellow = 25 points first time in yellow and 10 points per day after.

Joker: Team owners can select one stage per rider where they think that that rider will do well, any points scored by the rider on that day are then doubled.

Noel (who runs the game) has also set up a Cycling News mini league (go to rankings, select the Cycling News league (the rankings for the mini-league won't show up until the race starts).

So feel free to sign up. The riders will be updated as the teams are announced. If you can't find a rider you want then say and we will make sure he is added to the list. If a rider has a Yellow Triangle by his name then this means he is not riding.

You can make changes in your team up until 10.00am GMT on the morning of the prologue and changes with your jokers until 10.00am on any given stage day.

If you have any questions then let me know.

Yep.

The first version of 'No Country for old dopers'

AST Alberto CONTADOR VELASCO (13) ESP
SAX Andy SCHLECK (6) LUX
CEI Luis Leon SANCHEZ GIL (2) ESP
EUS Igor ANTON HERNANDEZ (2) ESP
LIQ Roman KREUZIGER (3) CZE
SAX Fabian CANCELLARA (6) SUI
CTT Thor HUSHOVD (7) NOR
GSS Tyler FARRAR (5) USA
RAB Oscar FREIRE GOMEZ (6) ESP

Jul 17, 2009
Visit site
Mrs John Murphy said:
Yep.

The first version of 'No Country for old dopers'

AST Alberto CONTADOR VELASCO (13) ESP
SAX Andy SCHLECK (6) LUX
CEI Luis Leon SANCHEZ GIL (2) ESP
EUS Igor ANTON HERNANDEZ (2) ESP
LIQ Roman KREUZIGER (3) CZE
SAX Fabian CANCELLARA (6) SUI
CTT Thor HUSHOVD (7) NOR
GSS Tyler FARRAR (5) USA
RAB Oscar FREIRE GOMEZ (6) ESP

And I thought brodeal was the real genius around here?

that was brilliant

thanks for the coke on the keyboard brother...

Last game I played was in the 2008 Tour de France. My secret weapons were the Saunier Duval Riders. Not many players had picked them. When the mountains came I hit the Jackpot. Then they were busted for CERA. :eek:
Go figure.

I am going to give it a try again. I'll add Soler to the list this time.:)

A

Anonymous

lost faith in fantasy games after the chicken got thrown out, but everybody got to keep their points, and people who had riders who later got given stage wins/higher placings etc didnt get the points..

only do fantasy games with strict anti doping policies now

I agree about dopers being kicked out - you shouldn't keep those points - although 2007 with Vino, Chicken and Kash being kicked out, there were a lot of people falling by the wayside. I think the policy of first league is that any changes that occur in race will be corrected - so if a rider fails a test mid race and is kicked out then he would be removed. The problem is what do you do with riders who get kicked out 3 months or 2 years after the event?

In the past I tried to adopt an ethical signing policy for my teams - so not Columbia, Astana, etc, the only problem was that my teams performed like Cofidis c2002 and I kept on get my legs ripped off.