• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fantasy Tour

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I actually included a Radioshack rider so thats how much i know about cycling..

i'm beginning to think i need an act of god to win this thing.:cool:.

Jul 31, 2009
Visit site
If you change your team and then rejoin the league it lists you twice. With my amount of indecision I'm sure Dr Don's EPO Emporium will end up listed 5 or 6 times by Saturday. The sidebar says that should be fixed at some point.

A

Anonymous

DonTickles said:
If you change your team and then rejoin the league it lists you twice. With my amount of indecision I'm sure Dr Don's EPO Emporium will end up listed 5 or 6 times by Saturday. The sidebar says that should be fixed at some point.

They will remove the duplicates on saturday.. your last selection will be the one that stands..

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
Dang. I never win these things. Taking more than a minute to choose my team probably would have helped...

Reading the rules first would have helped me too.

TeamSkyFans said:
They will remove the duplicates on saturday.. your last selection will be the one that stands..

Oh, so there's no excuse for me whining then. Then again, I do kind of like Millar for the overall.

A

Anonymous

pedaling squares said:
Reading the rules first would have helped me too.

Oh, so there's no excuse for me whining then. Then again, I do kind of like Millar for the overall.

I had an amazing team in the giro and came erm, 95th out of 100 :D

A

Anonymous

BroDeal said:
Jeebus! We need to make a list to translate CN username to Velogames usernames, so we can keep track of who is who.
maybe people can put their team in their signature or something. Im confused already. You wouldnt have thought it would be that complicated to put forum names as name (i have an excuse, i was already registered as me)

TeamSkyFans said:
maybe people can put their team in their signature or something. Im confused already. You wouldnt have thought it would be that complicated to put forum names as name (i have an excuse, i was already registered as me)

Does it use the name that you supply when you create a team? Or the name you used when registering? If it is the name supplied during team creation then people could just re-enter their team with the appropriate name.

Anyone want to place bets on whether ACF chose the entire BMC team? :p

A

Anonymous

During team creation

BroDeal said:
Anyone want to place bets on whether ACF chose the entire BMC team? :p

I thought that, but BMC dont have a climber or a sprinter.. Just Cadel and 8 domestiques :D We will find out who he picked on saturday.

That's a very difficult fantasy tour. Since you can't make any changes there is only a lot of guesswork before even knowing what types of riders give the best points. I mean is it all about stages or will the final and intermediate GC be the best way to get points. It will be interesting to see how people have speculated on Saturday.

A

Anonymous

ingsve said:
That's a very difficult fantasy tour. Since you can't make any changes there is only a lot of guesswork before even knowing what types of riders give the best points. I mean is it all about stages or will the final and intermediate GC be the best way to get points. It will be interesting to see how people have speculated on Saturday.

scoring system is here> http://www.velogames.com/tdfscores.php

best points are on daily stage finishes, not so much gc focused, but then the final gc standings are worth a bunch of points. Then again, if a rider gets in a breakaway and can stay out over three climbs he can pick up a fair few points as well..

Final scoring from the giro looked like this.
1 Ivan Basso LIQ 1809
2 Cadel Evans BMC 1756
3 Vincenzo Nibali LIQ 1615
4 Alexandre Vinokourov AST 1469
5 Michele Scarponi AND 1222
6 David Arroyo GCE 985
7 Marco Pinotti HTC 756
8 Riche Porte SAX 691
9 Damiano Cunego LAM 609
10 Tyler Farrar GAR 604

so obviously its fairly GC heavy, evans did better points wise than he did in the gc (stage finishes), as did vino. David arroyo despite coming second didnt score that well. So GC Counts, but stage position is equally important. Its also skewed in the giro because the points competition includes mountain stages. In the tour riders like cadel wont pick up so many points in the points competition so the gc/stage balance is likely to be closer.

IM not going to say who ive picked, but I hope to pick up both GC points and Stage finish points. My domestiques are a bit hit and miss. If they get in a break they could pick me up some points, if not they could end the tour with nothing. My only logic was picking french domestiques who are more likely to go in breakaways, and weaker teams with no gc contenders such as footon who are less likely to be supporting a protected rider.

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Didn't you guys watch the tdf?

Don't expect much from team Ground!

I have 3 BMC riders in there fyi.

Evans, Hincapie and Kroon? (or Brookwalter)

TRENDING THREADS