• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fantasy Tour

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 13, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
maybe people can put their team in their signature or something. Im confused already. You wouldnt have thought it would be that complicated to put forum names as name (i have an excuse, i was already registered as me)

that would have been smart, I thought my username would be my team name, then i became so engrossed in picking my team, I forgot to put in the right name. On the plus side, there are some funny names on that list!

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
...people could just re-enter their team with the appropriate name.

Great idea. I'd like to be able to instantly recognize who's winning and not have to scroll up the thread to find a post listing who is who.

Too bad you can't choose Pat McQuaid as the wildcard, he is able to affect the standings more than most riders.

A

Anonymous

jaylew said:
Do we enter our CN forum name where it asks for "your name" or "your team name?"

your name = forum name
team name = whatever silly team name youve come up with

I reckon as theres been such interest and enthusiasm Susan should wangle a prize, its been ages since we had a good prize :D

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
TeamSkyFans said:
your name = forum name
team name = whatever silly team name youve come up with

I reckon as theres been such interest and enthusiasm Susan should wangle a prize, its been ages since we had a good prize :D

Too stingy!!!:D

A

Anonymous

pedaling squares said:
Great idea. I'd like to be able to instantly recognize who's winning and not have to scroll up the thread to find a post listing who is who.

Too bad you can't choose Pat McQuaid as the wildcard, he is able to affect the standings more than most riders.

the idea is that your team is at the top so the rest doesnt matter

ive redone my team with my nickname instead of my real name

May 27, 2009
Visit site
I joined as No Sleep 'til Paris

It will be interesting to see how the cyclingnews forum does compared to the all the other entries... Maybe we will all be at the top:rolleyes:... and by we I mean everyone else from the forum

TeamSkyFans said:
scoring system is here> http://www.velogames.com/tdfscores.php

best points are on daily stage finishes, not so much gc focused, but then the final gc standings are worth a bunch of points. Then again, if a rider gets in a breakaway and can stay out over three climbs he can pick up a fair few points as well..

Ya, I already saw the points system but it's hard to know how things actually play out in practice. Having already used the system for the Giro would have been a good experience I see.

May 3, 2010
www.ror-zone.com
Well, i've joined, lets see my little road racers dominate! Btw this 100 point limit was hard... picked my team and got 102 points.. was upset had to change everything lol. damn mental maths.

A

Anonymous

ingsve said:
Ya, I already saw the points system but it's hard to know how things actually play out in practice. Having already used the system for the Giro would have been a good experience I see.

not really.. I didnt read the scoring system before the giro and came 95th or 96th out of 100. Im as clueless as the rest of you

I see bro is on the 3rd or 4th incarnation of his team. How many more before 4pm cet saturday

May 3, 2010
www.ror-zone.com
you need to click on your active team button on the right side of the page below log in, then chose reselect riders below were ur team is listed, then u can change everything but u need to reapply to the league!