• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fantasy Vuelta anyone?

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
The velogames one doesn't seem to be up and running so how about this one?

Fantasy Vuelta 2010

Pick 1 GC guy, 1 KOM, 1 sprinter, 2 'all-rounders' and 4 domestiques, give your team a name and you're good to go.

If enough people are interested we could set up a CN league.

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
My Pick... Kind of weird but lets see... this is my first Fantasy Game =F

Vincenzo NIBALI LIQ 29.0 GC
Tyler FARRAR GAR 32.0 PC
Rigoberto URAN CDE 20.0 KM
Philippe GILBERT OPL 21.0 AR
Joaquim RODRIGUEZ KAT 22.0 AR
Mauricio ARDILA RAB 6.0 DS
Benat INTXAUSTI EUS 8.0 DS
Oscar PUJOL CTT 6.0 DS
Xavier TONDO

amp300 said:
I'm in, I keep waiting for velogames to get going but, doesn't look like they have even updated since the tour.

The Vuelta site seemigly hasnt been updated since last year. It boasts that we will get to see Alejandro Valverde try to defend his title.

And the velogames site has been updated since the tour, for you see they were so delayed that it was only 1 week after the tour had finished that they updated the tour standings.

Ryaguas said:
My Pick... Kind of weird but lets see... this is my first Fantasy Game =F

Vincenzo NIBALI LIQ 29.0 GC
Tyler FARRAR GAR 32.0 PC
Rigoberto URAN CDE 20.0 KM
Philippe GILBERT OPL 21.0 AR
Mauricio ARDILA RAB 6.0 DS
Oscar PUJOL CTT 6.0 DS
Xavier TONDO

beat that:

Ezequiel MOSQUERA XAC 31.0 GC
Allan DAVIS AST 21.0 PC
Igor ANTON EUS 27.0 KM
Andrey KASHECHKIN LAM 23.0 AR
Jacopo GUARNIERI LIQ 5.0 DS
Xavier TONDO CTT 6.0 DS
Wouter WEYLANDT QST 6.0 DS

The crap thing about this is that you need 2 all rounders. But i dont want any of the all rounders. They are all big rip offs. (16 points being the cheapest). I would rather not take any and have more points to spread out on the cyclists with a chance.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Roman KREUZIGER LIQ

Mark CAVENDISH HTC

Nicholas ROCHE AG2

Carlos BARREDO QST

Fabian CANCELLARA SAX

Asan BAZAYEV AST

Sergey RENEV AST

Ian STANNARD SKY

Oliver ZAUGG LIQ

I've set up a league : Psychling Nudes (I'm sure thats what my other half thought I said when she asked what site I was on recently). You'll need the reference number 16391. See you there.

My squad:
Vincenzo NIBALI

Oscar FREIRE

Igor ANTON

Carlos BARREDO

Joaquim RODRIGUEZ

Valentin IGLINSKIY

Christophe LE MEVEL

Christian MEIER

Martin VELITS

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
Good shout armchair.

I didn't want any of the all-rounders either (J-Rod - really?) and was upset I had to pick between Txurruka, Anton, Moncoutie and Roche.

Ended up with:

Vincenzo NIBALI
Tyler FARRAR
Amets Txurruka
Carlos BARREDO
Joaquim RODRIGUEZ
Matthew GOSS
David MILLAR
Ian STANNARD
Tejay VAN GARDEREN

Joined. I was wondering why everybody was picking Nibali, but it would seem he's the safest bet for the most reasonable price. Still, I made a point of not picking him, so I'm stuck with Sastre. I also have Danielson. Go figure.

edit: full roster:
Carlos SASTRE
Greg VAN AVERMAET
Igor ANTON
Fabian CANCELLARA
Tom DANIELSON
Grega BOLE
Xavier FLORENCIO
Gustav LARSSON
Tejay VAN GARDEREN

Shouldnt we use our forum names like in the tdf incarnation of this so that we know who is who. Who is KMcD, Lydia, jsem, Peras, minessa?

and what the f**k is hrotha ;):D

I see sublimit is using the same team as last time.

And Team "Manolo Saiz was god". Love it

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'm Lydia.

From the rules: You get to pick your fantasy team consisting of 9 riders and you can make substitutions right up until 8pm on Saturday 28 August. After that you can make up to two substitutions per stage, and four on rest days. Riders not competing will be removed from the game as the final squads are announced, they will show in your team with a grey name and can be transferred out for free at any time.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
I get the feeling I'll be using the substitution feature owing to picking a rubbish first lineup, in theory you can have a whole new team after 5 stages..

And I agree the allrounder list is slightly limited and i wanted 3 Katusha riders but couldn't. :(

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
I'm in. (TrevS)
Vincenzo NIBALI
Tyler FARRAR
Igor ANTON
Carlos BARREDO
Joaquim RODRIGUEZ
John-Lee AUGUSTYN
Koldo FERNANDEZ
Serafin MARTINEZ
Jose Vicente TORIBIO

Don't know about rider transfers etc. a bit daft, I rather the set your team from the start and play your chances on that selection. (like velogames, shame that wasn't up and running)

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
Sasquatch said:
How do you edit your team? I set it a few days ago and now I can't find it and see how I can change riders.

click on 'pick riders' and you can remove riders and can replace them. Hang on though it looks like its closed to transfers till tommorow..

"transfer windows open at 6pm after the previous stage finish (midnight for the TTT) and close at 11am on the day of the stage. You may make two transfers per stage. You may only transfer like for like, for example a GC rider for another GC rider, and your budget remains the same.

On rest days you can make up to four transfers."

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Im in the league under my forum name without the 6 in it. The site is annoying as hell. My Team-

Ezequiel Mosquera
Alessandro Pettachi
Igor Anton
Joaquim Rodriguez
Carlos Barredo
Benat Intxausti
Oliver Zaugg
Jan Bakelants
Alexandr Kolobnev

If your allowed to switch riders every stage, i'm not going to bother, and I think it would be more fun if everyone here did the same.

TRENDING THREADS