• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Farrar takes his 2nd vattenfall classic

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
A

Anonymous

Chuffy said:
That's cruel. But funny. :D

I'd like to see him bag a Tour stage or two, for him and the team.

Wow, i leave exeter and a new member arrives from exeter.. spooky..

kurtinsc said:
Well... Chris Horner's may come close this year. Not as many wins... but stage racers rarely do have as many as sprinters. Still... won Pais-Vasco and a stage in the race, 2nd in Sardegna, top 10's in the Tour de France, Crit Internationale, Amstel Gold, Liege-Bastogne-Liege, Dauphine Libere and Tour of California.

I always find it hard to compare sprinters and GC guys. I guess I'd still give it to Farrar with his wins in Vattenfall, Scheldeprijs, two Giro stages, 2 tour stage podiums, top 5's in the Omloop and RVV and Zeeland win. He'll definitely have it by the end of the season unless Horner pulled a shocker at Lombardia.

If this list is exhaustive (it may not be, I don't know), don't forget one stage of the Three Days of De Panne. I was there and it was a lovely sprint. :)