• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fausto Masnada Grinta Appreciation Thread

Page 10 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Fausto training today at Col de la Madone. I wonder if he broke the record of Ritchie porte or he was doing an easier training.

Already first team training camp in calpe was done this month. Soon we will know the first races and objectives for the team in 2024 season
The goal of the team will be the Tour with Remco. We already know that Masnada is also going to the Tour, because they know that if/when Remco underperforms like in lombardia 2021, Masnada will save the day again.

Fausto training today at Col de la Madone. I wonder if he broke the record of Ritchie porte or he was doing an easier training.

Already first team training camp in calpe was done this month. Soon we will know the first races and objectives for the team in 2024 season
He obviously broke it even if he was doing an easier training.

All jokes aside, I do hope he will be back to his best the coming season both to chase his own objectives and in support of Remco.

All jokes aside, I do hope he will be back to his best the coming season both to chase his own objectives and in support of Remco.
Probably he slowed down in the last Km of la madone, to no disrespect the legacy of porte. Fausto is kindness.

Jokes aside, it will be really important for Remco that Masnada can find his best shape again. If Masnada goes to the Tour with his best shape, Remco can count with Masnada in the mountain stages when the peloton only have 20/25 riders.

The goal of the team will be the Tour with Remco. We already know that Masnada is also going to the Tour, because they know that if/when Remco underperforms like in lombardia 2021, Masnada will save the day again.
No doubt the team is already making back up plans for remco. Will be a lot of pressure for Fausto if he also has to do the same thing for Van Welder in the giro. But Fausto is a big rider.

It will be a big season for him. He is now 30 and it's the last year of the contract. A lot more bad luck and missed opportunities could ruin his career.

Jokes aside, it will be really important for Remco that Masnada can find his best shape again. If Masnada goes to the Tour with his best shape, Remco can count with Masnada in the mountain stages when the peloton only have 20/25 riders
Just as he was there in the 2020 giro for helping Almida. If remco goes to le tour with a top Landa, Hirt, Masnada then he can't complain about a weak mountains team. Add Cattaneo, Alaphilippe, Asgreem and another rouleur and it's one of the strongest teams .

But I hope Fausto can get some opportunities throughout the season

No doubt the team is already making back up plans for remco. Will be a lot of pressure for Fausto if he also has to do the same thing for Van Welder in the giro. But Fausto is a big rider.

It will be a big season for him. He is now 30 and it's the last year of the contract. A lot more bad luck and missed opportunities could ruin his career.

Just as he was there in the 2020 giro for helping Almida. If remco goes to le tour with a top Landa, Hirt, Masnada then he can't complain about a weak mountains team. Add Cattaneo, Alaphilippe, Asgreem and another rouleur and it's one of the strongest teams .

But I hope Fausto can get some opportunities throughout the season
To be fair, Vingegaard, remco, roglic and pogacar will all have good teams to support each one of them next year in the Tour, there's no "excuses" on that aspect.

Reactions: Ilmaestro99
We are having proper discussions on the Fausto thread . It's going to be a great year!!! Everyone is welcome here .

I wonder what will be the teams plans for Fausto, Mikel and Ilan, will they get their own races to compete or have to make a lot of sacrifices for Remco?? Maybe remco doesn't want fausto as a teammate after the humiliation in planking, just as Armstrong got rid of Tyler Hamilton.

Hope for a great year for Wolfpack

After one week with the team in Calpe, Fausto left the camp to go on his own to Colombia for a long winter preparation at altitude; he will be there around 3 weeks.

He stays just outside Medellin.

He did a similar altitude camp before the first races in 2020 and 2022 and was very strong in those February races.

Time for a revenge at Tour of Oman???