• The Cycling News forum is still looking to add volunteer moderators with. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Fausto Masnada - 'King of the Mountains'

Page 12 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Hello

I wonder looking at the state of this giro, why quickstep does not take Fausto. He would have an impact on the race for sure. Really depressing.

From tomorrow you can watch live in action Fausto Masnada racing again as he is doing the 4 jours de dunquerke race in northern France with quickstep team.

A race that suit him less I can't imagine. This team is embarrassing nowadays, at least they will have a great squad to support the remco 12th place at Le Tour

You don't think he will thrive on the five identical flat sprint stages?

Likely he will be training his sprint for next time he will need it against Pogi in a monument.

• Love
Reactions: Ilmaestro99
MAS QUE NADA MASKED MASNADA

Ô, ária, raiô
Obá! Obá! Obá!
Ô, ária, raiô
Obá! Obá! Obá!

Masnada Fausto
Sai da minha frente, eu quero passar
Pois o samba está animado
O que eu quero é sambar
Esse samba
Que é misto de maracatu
É samba de preto velho
Samba de preto tu

Masnada Fausto
Um samba como este, tão legal
Você não vai querer
Que eu chegue no final
Ô, ária, raiô
Obá! Obá! Obá!
Ô, ária, raiô
Obá! Obá! Obá!
Esse samba
Que é misto de maracatu
É samba de preto velho
Samba de preto tu

Masnada Fausto
Um samba como este, tão legal
Você não vai querer
Que eu chegue no final
Ô, ária, raiô
Obá! Obá! Obá!
Ô, ária, raiô
Obá! Obá! Obá!

Training at altitude currently - hopefully some opportunities in the last part of the season where he might, for once, not catch an illness.

No news on contract for 2025 yet but it was rumored that q35.6 was interested. Anyway he is likely to leave quickestep
What's been up with him this year? Is he still diminished from his mono in 2022? He did seem to be coming back to a decent level at the end of last year after also suffering from saddle sore and what not, but this year nothing.

What's been up with him this year? Is he still diminished from his mono in 2022? He did seem to be coming back to a decent level at the end of last year after also suffering from saddle sore and what not, but this year nothing.
A lot of riders with a mono flare up are never the same.

He started at Oman at a good level this year but got bronchitis in tirreno.

He was doing altitude on etna to prepare the giro but wasn't selected

In Suisse he abandon after the prologue and there was no communication from Fausto or the team about the issue. So actually I don't know. He was absent from social medias for a while but recently showed some pics from his trainings in the mountains

One think I noticed; he didn't do a single camp with the team since December 2023. He is going to altitude on his own or with small groups of riders from other teams/ameteurs

A lot of riders with a mono flare up are never the same.

He started at Oman at a good level this year but got bronchitis in tirreno.

He was doing altitude on etna to prepare the giro but wasn't selected

In Suisse he abandon after the prologue and there was no communication from Fausto or the team about the issue. So actually I don't know. He was absent from social medias for a while but recently showed some pics from his trainings in the mountains

One think I noticed; he didn't do a single camp with the team since December 2023. He is going to altitude on his own or with small groups of riders from other teams/ameteurs
Maybe you can drop him a message somewhere on social media to support him? I assume he doesn't get that much fan appreciation nowadays, so maybe it could cheer him up? ❤️ Mono can lead to so much bad things, MS among other things 😔

Hope he heals 🙏

Reactions: Sandisfan