• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favorite Dopers & Favorite Clean Riders

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
My favorite dopers - an easy list to compile:

1) FAUSTO!
2) Eddy
3) Sean K
4) tie - Erik Z / Jan U
5) tie - Tommy S / Marco P

My favorite clean riders are a studdly bunch also!
(And please, no references to "Horse Teeth, "Iron" shots,
or Spanish docs lol.)

1) Super Mario
2) tie - LeMond / Hinault
3) Big Mig
4) Magnus Maximus
5) tie - Wiggins / Cadel

coppi-open.jpg

fg_49.jpg

coppis-1.jpg

ballando1510_cipollini.jpg

Polish said:
My favorite dopers - an easy list to compile:

1) FAUSTO!
2) Eddy
3) Sean K
4) tie - Erik Z / Jan U
5) tie - Tommy S / Marco P

(And please, no references to "Horse Teeth, "Iron" shots,
or Spanish docs lol.)

1) Super Mario
3) Big Mig
4) Magnus Maximus
5) tie - Wiggins / Cadel

Not clean.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
updated my favorites

Thanks digger, I will make the changes - no biggie;)

My favorite dopers -

1) FAUSTO!
2) Eddy
3) Sean K
4) Super Mario
5) tie - Erik Z / Jan U
6) Hinault
7) tie - Tommy S / Marco P
8) Big Mig

My favorite clean riders are:

1) LeMond
2) Magnus Maximus
3) tie - Wiggins / Cadel
4) Thomas Voeckler
5) Roger Walkowiak

240px-Thomas_Voeckler.jpg

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Gino the Pious doesn't get a gig as favourite clean rider? He'd certainly be the most successful.

Mottet? He was fun to watch, too.

Polish said:
Thanks digger, I will make the changes - no biggie;)

My favorite dopers -

1) FAUSTO!
2) Eddy
3) Sean K
4) Super Mario
5) tie - Erik Z / Jan U
6) Hinault
8) Big Mig

My favorite clean riders are:

1) LeMond
2) Magnus Maximus
3) tie - Wiggins / Cadel
4) Thomas Voeckler
5) Roger Walkowiak

240px-Thomas_Voeckler.jpg

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Crud, I forgot about rominger...he was stylish on those double downtube Ti Colnagos....I'm going to add him. Thanks.

FAUSTO is my all time favorite - Gino struck me as uncouth & preachy.

Fav Dopers:
1) FAUSTO!
2) Eddy
3) Sean K
4) Super Mario
5) tie - Erik Z / Jan U
6) Hinault
8) Tony R
9) Big Mig
666) Floyd

Fav Holy Men:
1) LeMond
2) Magnus Maximus
3) tie - Wiggins / Cadel
4) Thomas Voeckler
5) Roger Walkowiak
777) Gino

AFPfloyd-1.jpg

A

Anonymous

saxe_coburg_gotha said:
Favourite Dopers

Pedro D
Chris B
Tommy S
Jan U
Tony R
Paul K
Jennie l

Favourite Clean

Paul Sherwin
Stephen Roche
Martin Early
Brian Robinson
Jens V

saxe_coburg_gotha said:
Support doping cheats if you like . I cant and wont.
Exciting because he could attack when loaded up , yeah thats great to watch.
20 years, you need a new tv, great real, cadet

erm... do you have two people using your logon, or are you bipolar...

Do you support dopers or not..?

and i really dont want to rain on your parade, but there is a fair amount of evidence to show that roche doped in 1993 with carrera... i think the judges words where "unequivocally"

i would like to think that robinson was clean, but bearing in mind the time during which he raced, i find it hard to beleive but i will give him the benefit of the doubt... but roche, he was found by a judicial investigation to have doped...

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Hinault

Hinault cracks me up. I love it when he jumps on Podium invaders!

But doping is not like one's bicycle - clean on one day and dirty on another.
It is like a hymen - once busted there is no going back.

photo-16.jpg

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Steven Rooks, took him along time but then you couldn't shut him up. Delgado was a class act he took a 10 minute penalty even when he was caught red handed. The best by far is Gert-Jan Theunisse guy was caught over and over,got run over by a car,couldn't walk and when he finally got out of bed he got back on the juice/bike and started racing again. They say he is so trashed that he may start wheel chair racing. He looks like the new Jim Carrey/ Christmas Carol character.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:
(And please, no references to "Horse Teeth, "Iron" shots, or Spanish docs lol.)

1) Super Mario
3) Big Mig
4) Magnus Maximus
5) tie - Wiggins / Cadel

You've been informed some of the riders on your clean list aren't in fact regarded to be squeaky clean. I don't know who Magnus Maximus is, but in my opinion only LeMond is clean on that list. The bottom two are suspcious, enough so that given the cumulative weight of all clinic postings I find it very hard to believe they are naturally good enough they can keep up against what some of the dopers are doing. My list I'll put a 'D' for still doping, 'd' for use to but I think is now clean and a C for those I'm pretty sure never touched anything other than vitamin C. I'll also try and rank them in sequential order of favouritism.

1. Valverde - D, he ain't doing anything the others aren't, can do everything well, climb, ITT and sprint. I don't care that he isn't banned world wide, but hate doping, so he must be my favourite
2. Contador - D, has to be doping because he wins everything he enters, great to watch, classiest rider in the peloton, its a bonus he made Lance his *****
3. LeMond - C, too young to remember him race, but know enough of how he achieved it and respect him for his efforts to clean cycling and educate, best tour win ever in 89
3. Rasmussen - d, obviously used, not sure now as he's racing in that Chihuaha thing in Mexico, best climber I've seen and great to see him in a day long breakaway, wasn't surprised he ripped them apart in the 07 TdF, hope he gets a ride so someone can challenge AC in the hills
4. Vinokourov - d, well he won the chronos des nations, but the competition wasn't that great at the end of season, most attack oriented cyclist I've seen, hope he races the tour next year to animate the race
5. Cunego - d, this guy exudes class and precision on the bike and rides soo well, shame his team isn't great,
6. Samu - D, shares that same riding quality that Valverde and Rasmussen have, he can ascend well but adds the descent aspect the other two lack and isn't a tool (ala Ricco), laid back as well
7. Robbie McEwen - d, like a pitbull, always fighting for a win, I liked the sprints he's won, he had to work for them, Cav has it far too easy these days with 3 lead out men
8. Jens Voight - d, Mr. Personality. Who doesn't like him?
9. Cancellara - D, pure power and precision, awesome when in power mode and like lightning downhill
10. Hinault - d, my favourite French rider, because he loved to race and attacked
11. Andy Schleck - D, good climber and when in the mood is a serious threat. So glad he and Frank attacked on stage 17 at this years tour, made the 3 week borefest interesting for a day

The sad list of shame. Well many have joined this list recently such as Armstrong and Levi. Levi comes across as a sellout. Use to hope he did well, don't care anymore. Horner can join them. Never grew fond of Basso, don't know why, probably because he just follows (nowadays). Ricco has one of those faces, so does Kohl, didn't like them when they were riding last year before they were caught...but respect Kohl now. Its weird that as an aussie I have more foreigners on my list than aussie riders. There is a reason, I like aggressive, brave and attacking riders, who race. Its good to see Silence Lotto riders doing that...hope they keep it up and are successful, but that is confidence for you.

Sep 22, 2009
Visit site
Pantani for fav. doper, hmmmm, not sure for clean. trying to take it seriously but hard to know. Think i'll go stuey o'grady. never really heard him discussed as a doper, and i'd think he's just one tough bloke. real hard man.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Favourite dopers:

1. Marco Pantani
2. Alberto Contador
3. Iban Mayo
4. Claudio Chiappucci
5. Riccardo Ricco

Favourite clean riders:

1. Greg LeMond
2. Thomas Voeckler
3. Edvald Boasson Hagen
4. Vegard Robinson Bugge
5. Christophe Moreau

A

Anonymous

In on particular order

Sean Kelly
Vino
Dave Millar
Pantani
VdB
Roche

and also in no particular order

Robert Miller

dimspace said:
In on particular order

Sean Kelly
Vino
Dave Millar
Pantani
VdB
Roche

and also in no particular order

Robert Miller

Dim, is that Robert Millar in the clean list because I am sure he tested positive once and his attitude wasnt exactly comforting. His least favourite rider was Giles Delion because "he was smarmy and accused us all of doping"

:D I love reading people's opinions on who is clean, you just know it's only a matter of time before someone says Laurent Fignon or Evgeni Berzin. Actually, someone already said Stephen Roche. Quality.

[Magnus Maximus referred to above is Magnus 'Maggy' Bäckstedt. He rode for Roger Legeay for a while, which counts in his credit, but he must have put out some ridiculous wattage to be competitive at nearly 100kg]

A

Anonymous

pmcg76 said:
Dim, is that Robert Millar in the clean list because I am sure he tested positive once and his attitude wasnt exactly comforting. His least favourite rider was Giles Delion because "he was smarmy and accused us all of doping"

yeah.. sorry im not good with my a's and my e's

i cant find any record of a failure, but, my clean list was very short.. kinda the point really.. :D

whatever happened to giles delion anyway.. white jersey, high tour placing, a tour de france stage win and then nothing after castorama...

Doped list:
1. Jan Ullrich
2. Greg Lemond (oh yes, "no EPO" ≠ "clean")
3. Gianni Bugno
4. Tony Rominger
5. Ivan Basso

possibly, possibly clean: Nicole Cooke, Damiano Cunego (obviously not in 2004 but possibly now), Chris Boardman, Graham Obree, some French guys.

R.0.t.O said:
Doped list:
1. Jan Ullrich
2. Greg Lemond (oh yes, "no EPO" ≠ "clean")
3. Gianni Bugno
4. Tony Rominger
5. Ivan Basso

possibly, possibly clean: Nicole Cooke, Damiano Cunego (obviously not in 2004 but possibly now), Chris Boardman, Graham Obree, some French guys.

Evidence that lemond doped?

MrContador said:
Favourite dopers:

1. Marco Pantani
2. Alberto Contador
3. Iban Mayo
4. Claudio Chiappucci
5. Riccardo Ricco

Favourite clean riders:

1. Greg LeMond
2. Thomas Voeckler
3. Edvald Boasson Hagen
4. Vegard Robinson Bugge
5. Christophe Moreau
Wasn't Christophe Moreau related with Festina?

here is the Link.:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christophe_Moreau

Favorite Clean Riders in no order:

- Herrera
- Lemmond
- Mottet
- David Moncoutié

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts