• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favorite Trainer songs

A

Anonymous

Sex On Fire - Kings Of Leon
Don't Stop Me Now - Queen
Canada -The All For Nots
Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jett
Take Me Out Franz Ferdinand
Common People - William Shatner and Joe Jackson

Jun 9, 2009
Visit site
Rage Against the Machine works well for intervals.

Bob Marley works well for long-slow-distance type of work.

Some guilty pleasures:

Pink
The Go-Go's

Allright! All this thinking about it has me ready to tuck this belly into some bibs and go to the rollers!

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Girl Talk

There's a band/guy called Girl Talk, and all he does is make these crazy extended mashups. I've had the album "Feed the Animals" on pretty much continuous loop since last cross season. It's a mix of, well damn, pretty much everything you can think of, but has a mostly hip-hop feel to it. There's a lot of it on YouTube, but don't watch, just listen. Jay-Z up against Radiohead, Lil John up against Procul Harum... radical. I use it mostly for multi-terrain rides, I guess, since the changes in bpm match the change in terrain. Good for winter cross rides on the local Boulder trails...

Sh!t, I should've gone for a ride today. Hate these short winter days.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
filipo said:
There's a band/guy called Girl Talk, and all he does is make these crazy extended mashups. I've had the album "Feed the Animals" on pretty much continuous loop since last cross season. It's a mix of, well damn, pretty much everything you can think of, but has a mostly hip-hop feel to it. There's a lot of it on YouTube, but don't watch, just listen. Jay-Z up against Radiohead, Lil John up against Procul Harum... radical. I use it mostly for multi-terrain rides, I guess, since the changes in bpm match the change in terrain. Good for winter cross rides on the local Boulder trails...

Sh!t, I should've gone for a ride today. Hate these short winter days.

I saw Girl Talk live last year. Who knew some dork sitting in front of a computer by himself on stage could be such a big draw. Also, I've never seen so many good looking women in one place here at 1st Ave in Minneapolis where the show was at. I felt like I was in Montreal instead.

I would agree, great training mix.

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Lots of Drum and Bass, Jungle is sick...all depends what type of ride you want to do. DJ Shadow, RJD2...not all of them only certain releases. I like some of the Radio 1 mixes -- Paul Oakenfold, DJ Tiesto...Sound Tribe Sector Nine's new one is sick. I used to listen to mixes with Tool and the Deftones. I have found that tight hitting drums are the best...not too bassy
120bpm gets you going - as long as its not too repetitive and sans singing for trance, which is getting harder to find when you look on iTunes top picks and such.
Aggro interval riding: (some of these may make your ears bleed but the intensity is undeniable)
Ministry: Land of Rape and Honey, The Mind is a Terrible Thing to Taste
Skinny Puppy: (Lots of different releases)
Deftones: Around the Fur
Tool: Aenema (hard hitting drummer..wow)
Janes Addiction: Nothing Shocking

For medium tempo rides and base miles:
STS9
The Roots
MIA
Santogold
Mattafix
Aphex Twin
Massive Attack
Mogwai
Apparat
Girltalk is cool (especially if you have song ADHD, its just an amalgamation of all sorts of songs you like put to bass and beats)
What do you listen to now?
Check out some of the ones I posted...if you don't like them, I have more:)

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:
I saw Girl Talk live last year. Who knew some dork sitting in front of a computer by himself on stage could be such a big draw. Also, I've never seen so many good looking women in one place here at 1st Ave in Minneapolis where the show was at. I felt like I was in Montreal instead.

Check out DJ Z-trip if you like Girl Talk..(he is just one guy).
and these similar artists in order of proximity of sound:
* E-603
* Milkman
* Super Mash Bros.
* The Hood Internet
* DJ Euphony
* Lucky Strike
* Trey Told 'Em (Girl Talk and Hearts of Darknesses)
* Hollertronix
* Flosstradamus
* Ludachrist
* 2 Many DJ's
* The Joysticks Battle the Scan Feed Relay to Your Skull
* LOLcat
* A-Trak
* Torpeedoh
* The Legion of Doom
* Soulwax
* Norwegian Recycling
* Debit
* DJ Sega
* Kid606
* RJD2
* Dan Deacon
* Danger Mouse
* Easter Egg
* Teengirl Fantasy
* Grand Buffet
* DJ Earworm
* Steinski
* edIT

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
RDV4ROUBAIX said:

Damn, man -- I would love to see him live. I've seen some concert footage and pictures; the scene looks fantastic. Lotta freaks.

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
Stephen D Aalderink said:
Check out DJ Z-trip if you like Girl Talk..(he is just one guy).
and these similar artists in order of proximity of sound:
* E-603
* Milkman
* Super Mash Bros.
* The Hood Internet
* DJ Euphony
* Lucky Strike
* Trey Told 'Em (Girl Talk and Hearts of Darknesses)
* Hollertronix
* Flosstradamus
* Ludachrist
* 2 Many DJ's
* The Joysticks Battle the Scan Feed Relay to Your Skull
* LOLcat
* A-Trak
* Torpeedoh
* The Legion of Doom
* Soulwax
* Norwegian Recycling
* Debit
* DJ Sega
* Kid606
* RJD2
* Dan Deacon
* Danger Mouse
* Easter Egg
* Teengirl Fantasy
* Grand Buffet
* DJ Earworm
* Steinski
* edIT

Nice! Thanks for the tips. I heard some RJD2 for the first time last night; a friend is going to hook me up with some.
The XX is one of my new favorites. Not really great for riding, but excellent for making out.

Aug 3, 2009
Visit site
Robert Tepper - No Easy Way Out
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Tupac - Changes
Tupac - They Don't Give a **** About Us
Tupac - Hit 'em Up
Motorhead - Overkill
Creed - No Sacrifice

Most of the songs are quite old, but they are still great music for training purposes :eek:

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
big ring king said:
Looking for very upbeat tunes to ride through the winter...rock, rap, but no hokie top 40 crap

Sound Tribe Sector Nine.
MIA
Girl Talk or any mash-up
Any of the Radio 1 Essential Mixes with Paul Oakenfold: Havanna Cuba is a fav. 1999 or 2000 I can't remember...Shanghai is good too.
Matt and Kim
M83
Snow Patrol
Unkle
Black Sun Empire
Use the Genius feature in iTunes, it gives some great mixes.

Mar 19, 2009
www.ridemagnetic.com
Don't usually listen to house music, just when I'm in Europe where it's unavoidable. But when I'm givin' it the mustard on the rollers sometimes I like to listen to LAWNCHAIR GENERALS 'Around The Block', which is perfect roller time 1:15

TRENDING THREADS