• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favourite "Dirty" Performance

Page 11 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
It's a pity that those who were being bigoted have allowed themselves to be distracted from the line of the thread due to feeling sanctimonious and not being able to take criticism. There were many sharp memories of suspicious or down right blatant cheating on here, especially those supported by youtube clips.
Let's get back to remembering those crazy moment... from Anquetil's win in Bordeaux-Paris to Stefan Schumacher's 2008 stage wins in the Tour and get away from the in-fighting!

Sep 9, 2009
Visit site
samerics said:
I replied on my mobile so didn't see your emoticon or get the irony, sorry :)

As for the rest of the stuff, I simply pointed out the obvious, and most decent people would see mocking a disability when done with malice is just plain, well, immoral:) I certainly won't ignore anyone, but I will shout if I disagree, it is a discussion forum, that's what people do on here when they're not mocking an affliction of course... :)

This discussion is ***.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
And besides it was Robin Williams, a self confessed Armstrong fan that called Lance the Uniballer when he would take the piss out of Lance.

Back on topic, I'm going for Sella and his team mates at the 2008 Giro, that took four stages wins and the GPM classification. Ricco as well, and it's fair to say the same for Alberto Contador who was training at the beach in Madrid (copyright Ricco himself).

mastersracer

BANNED
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Hamilton's stage 18 solo victory, 2003 TdF (55km solo with the broken collarbone). Erik Zabel's reaction to it in Hell on Wheels is funny (excerpt below), saying it was a laugh/smirk on his face:

"Hamilton took off like a motorcycle. Everyone just shook their heads. They couldn't believe it...Groups of ten kept trying to catch him and every ten km they fell back, exhausted. It was wild. I've seen a lot but that was really over the top today."

Thee_chisa said:
ullrich in 97 going up to andorra on the drops.

same year, pantani on the alpe.
You mean this:

Escarabajo said:
Jan Ullrich in Andorra, Tour de france 1997. More than 500 watts of power.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhXF9aeJhqw

Pantani, Ullrich and Virenque in 1997 Alpe d'Huez. When people ask me about spectacular performances with doping I always point people at the lower slopes of this mythical mountain. Here enjoy it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6DBDG-0qLs

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
Gotta be Riis in '96 at Hautacam, close second to Lance at same mountain in 2000.

I remember watching as Riis rode up and down the line checking out the best and most doped cyclists in the world and then just rocketing away. Same with Lance, he bridged the gap to the large break in a ridiculously short amount of time after popping Pantani, Zulle and Ullrich (all doped to the gills themselves, no doubt). Lance at Sestriere in 1999 and at the Alpe in 2001 are honorable mentions. Cancellara at Paris-Roubaix this year is also worth noting.

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Rafiki said:
It's a pity that those who were being bigoted have allowed themselves to be distracted from the line of the thread due to feeling sanctimonious and not being able to take criticism. There were many sharp memories of suspicious or down right blatant cheating on here, especially those supported by youtube clips.
Let's get back to remembering those crazy moment... from Anquetil's win in Bordeaux-Paris to Stefan Schumacher's 2008 stage wins in the Tour and get away from the in-fighting!

Thank you.

The Riis 96 one stunk to high heaven. He would have destroyed Indurain at his strongest that day, never mind when he was waning. Riis had been a domestique for years before 95, and to do what he did rang alarm bells even then.

A

Anonymous

samerics said:
Thank you.

The Riis 96 one stunk to high heaven. He would have destroyed Indurain at his strongest that day, never mind when he was waning. Riis had been a domestique for years before 95, and to do what he did rang alarm bells even then.

I thought you were never going to post again beer garden king. You lost all credibility. Toodles!

May 25, 2010
Visit site
Thoughtforfood said:
I thought you were never going to post again beer garden king. You lost all credibility. Toodles!

I think you imagined that bit, unless my typing "see ya" in my last post translates in your little world to "I'm never posting here again"! With 5450 posts now you would think you would have learned to read. Keep diverting if you like, I was back on topic.

Oh, and god forbid I should drink a beer and listen to music with friends on a weekend hey? Unlike Mrs Murphy, I do not have to shout about being clean for 19 years, I never sank that low in the first place :)

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
For people who would like to continue the debate on cancer, how to deal with it and how certain terminology is or is not offensive or funny, please feel free to continue to do so over PM.

Next one to continue the discussion here will get an infraction.

May 19, 2010
Visit site
syringelessss said:
For honorable mention, I would submit SPRINTER Thor Hushovd's raging ride through the Alps during Stage 17 in 2009 - I believe he summited first over the Cole de Saises and the Cote d'Araches before finally collapsing and "allowing" the Schlecks, Contador and Kloden to take the Col de Romme and the Col de la Colombriere.

Hushovd gained the lead downhill. The GC riders and the climbers were waiting for the last climb, Col de la Colombière, to attack for the stage and GC.

A

Anonymous

*** edited by mod ***

off-topic

It absolutely was not off topic. The topic is "Favorite 'Dirty' Performance." Just because you believe it needs to be confined to cycling is your hang-up...dude...:)

Jun 20, 2009
Visit site
1. By far the most ludicrous was Gabriele Colombo (Gewiss) at the '96 Milan San Remo

preview-colombo.jpg

2. Indurain and Leblanc at Hautacam in the rain

indurain-hautacam.jpg

3. Contador as Spanish TT champion

2009_tour_de_france_stage1_monaco_time_trial_alberto_contador_astana.jpg

4. Bruyneel hanging onto Mig in the Tour

medium_seventhstage.JPG

TRENDING THREADS