• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favourite Footy teams/ Sportsmen

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
Who is your...?
1. favourite EPL side
2. favourite American football side
3. (for aussies) favourite afl side
4. Which over (non cycling ) sportswomen/men do you admire/follow? - can be retired

I'll start,
1. Chelsea
2. don't follow but if i'd have to choose it would be the Chicago bears
3. Collingwood magpies
4. Shane Warne and Mark Webber

A

Anonymous

auscyclefan94 said:
Who is your...?
1. favourite EPL side
2. favourite American football side
3. (for aussies) favourite afl side
4. Which over (non cycling ) sportswomen/men do you admire/follow? - can be retired

I'll start,
1. Chelsea
2. don't follow but if i'd have to choose it would be the Chicago bears
3. Collingwood magpies
4. Shane Warne and Mark Webber

hmmm

1. don't care
2. don't follow it
3. North Melbourne Kangaroos (I wish they moved to the GC tho)
4. Haile Gebrasellassie

A

Anonymous

Liverpool since 1975, Dolphins since about 82, and Raymond Van Barneveld

1. Sk Brann (Blod er tjukkere enn vann, heia brann..)
2./3. Don't know. AFL, is that a kind of padded rugby, like NFL?
4. Odd-Bjørn Hjelmeseth, and Ronny Hafsås. (Am I the only one here that's excited about the cross-country skiing season finally being underway? probably..)

A

Anonymous

ak-zaaf said:
You are joking right? :D

youre problem is... :confused:

Hes got taylor tommoro.. hope he gives the arrogant, overweight, sarcastic **** a good kicking..

nope.. this is one of the many british households firmly in the barney army..

BARNEY!!.jpg

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
Don't know. AFL, is that a kind of padded rugby, like NFL?

No, nothing like it. A single team of 18 players on the ground at all times (no offensive team, defensive team, special teams, etc). No pads. No scrimmages. And thankfully the game is free flowing and not stopped every 5 minutes for an ad break. Long kicks, spectacular marks, big tackles. Fantastic game.

DSC_0330.jpg

Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
dimspace said:
youre problem is... :confused:

Hes got taylor tommoro.. hope he gives the arrogant, overweight, sarcastic **** a good kicking..

After all the media exposure Barney got here I thought you we're describing him.
I like Taylor, but again it might have to do with media here portraying him as the nice guy who's way better than the ever arrogant Barney.

May 6, 2009
Visit site
1/ FC Internazionale (Inter Milan). If you cut me open then my blood would be black and blue (not really).
2/ None really, although for some reason when I was younger I was obessed with American sports, not so now, although I did like the Denver Broncos. I will go to a game though when I finally get to America.
3/ No AFL team, prefer rugby league, a game that is played and is popular outside of Australia. I support Melbourne Storm.
4/ I wouldn't say I admire anybody.

A

Anonymous

ak-zaaf said:
After all the media exposure Barney got here I thought you we're describing him.
I like Taylor, but again it might have to do with media here portraying him as the nice guy who's way better than the ever arrogant Barney.

weird that...

nah.. taylors a prize ***.. opinion in britain is probably about 50/50 split now. might be the british love for an underdog, and the fact that deap down we dont really like winners to much..

Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
1. Arsenal
2. Cowboys
3. N/A - would have if they showed it over here.
4. Kostya Tszyu, Mehela Jayawardne and Kenenisa Bekele

All 3 show something very special in the sport they play and the way they handle themselves as role models.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
1. favourite SPL side - Saint mirren, dont care much for the english league, although I like ballack..
2. favourite NHL team - The cancuks coz im living in bc for now, nfl i dont really care for but i go the panthers if i ever play madden..
3. (for aussies) favourite afl side :S wot, I liked Paul from neighbours he became a professional I think(well in neighbours :S)
4. Which over (non cycling ) sportswomen/men do you admire/follow? - can be retired - Vitali Klitschko, the klitschkos arte great fellows.

I changed the first 2, I dont really care for the english league or the nfl.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
zapata said:
1. Sk Brann (Blod er tjukkere enn vann, heia brann..)
2./3. Don't know. AFL, is that a kind of padded rugby, like NFL?
4. Odd-Bjørn Hjelmeseth, and Ronny Hafsås. (Am I the only one here that's excited about the cross-country skiing season finally being underway? probably..)

Sk Brann!?!? heia Vålerenga! :D

I'm excited for the cross-country season too...I would actually like to be skiing now, maybe snow next week :rolleyes:

1. EPL - Chelsea
2. NFL - Patriots
3. AFL - fun to watch no idea of a fav team
4. One of the all-time greats stateside...Walter "Sweetness" Payton...you don't get a nickname like that without being able to back it up :D

Jul 23, 2009
Visit site
1. They all seem the same. So I'll vote for Les Habitents de Montreal.
2. I dunno, maybe the Colts?
3. Haven't seen AFL since I was a kid. I don't count anyway, not an Aussie.
4. I used to admire Ken Dryden but then he worked for the bloody Maple Leafs (No, not leaves. They can't spell) and now he's a bloody politician!

Oct 8, 2009
Visit site
1. Premier league? Ugh. Colchester United all the way, baby!!
2. Haven't watched American football since it was on C4 in the 80's. Can't remember my favourites back then, possibly Detroit Lions because I too come from a town beginning with D that just makes cars.
3. Haven't the figgiest, but the Old man likes the Eagles and sometimes wears the shirt when out on his bike in the summer.
Fave sportsman? Got to be Jamie Cureton. Who probably doesn't mean much to any of you, but he's my hero for the 2006/07 season. Anyone who could ensure a hat trick against Southend United the day a gang of us did a sponsored ride for the teenage cancer trust from Colchester to Southend was always going to be my favourite.

TRENDING THREADS