• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favourite Lance anti-doping quotes from times gone by...

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
"Excuse me, what's your name?.....oh, you're Paul Kimmage? I thought that was you but I wasn't sure....you're not worthy of the chair you're sitting on!!" -- LA, grandstanding at pre-ToC press conference

"Hey, I used to admire Greg. But what's happened to him is a real tragedy, bro. A real American tragedy." -- LA voices his concern for Lemond, GQ 2008

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
my favourite LA quote would be the one that I can't find any record of him ever saying. I've looked and looked on internet but he's been very careful in all his interviews to avoid saying "I have never doped" or some equivalent. It's always along the lines of "I've never tested positive", which of course is not the same thing. Has anyone found a direct quote along the "I have never ever doped" line?

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
ProfTournesol said:
my favourite LA quote would be the one that I can't find any record of him ever saying. I've looked and looked on internet but he's been very careful in all his interviews to avoid saying "I have never doped" or some equivalent. It's always along the lines of "I've never tested positive", which of course is not the same thing. Has anyone found a direct quote along the "I have never ever doped" line?

This line I've never tested positive is honest. I like that. Say Hi to Captain Haddock Tin tan and Snowy.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
flicker said:
This line I've never tested positive is honest. I like that. Say Hi to Captain Haddock Tin tan and Snowy.

Captain Haddock and Snowy have both tested +ve to alcohol, although that only seems performance enhancing at the time when you use it.

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ProfTournesol said:

“I will simply restate what I have said many times: I have never taken performance-enhancing drugs."
A quote taken from LA's website (?) after the Le Monde article in 2005.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
editedbymod said:
This one is gold. Read it in full. Brilliant.

"I asked myself what I believed. I had never prayed a lot. I hoped hard, wished hard, but I didn't pray. I had developed a certain distrust of organised religion growing up, but I felt I had the capacity to be a spiritual person, and to hold some fervent beliefs. Quite simply, I believed I had a responsibility to be a good person, and that meant fair, honest, hardworking and honorable. If I did that, if I was good to my family, true to my friends, if I gave back to my community or to some cause, if I wasn't a liar, a cheat, or a thief, then I believed that should be enough. At the end of the day, if there was indeed some Body or presence standing there to judge me, I hoped I would be judged on whether I had lived a true life, not on whether I believed in a certain book, or whether I'd been baptised."
— Lance Armstrong (It's Not About the Bike: My Journey Back to Life)

"Gold" meaning it is BS? Yes, you must be referring to the cheating part but is it really cheating if all are doing it?

You left off the final part:

" If there was indeed a God at the end of my days, I hoped he didn't say, "But you were never a Christian, so you're going the other way from heaven." If so, I was going to reply, "You know what? You're right. Fine."

Yes, fine. Nail meet hammer.

sub240

BANNED
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
You don't think admitting that he "never had" a TUE is not a good quote when it is the cornerstone of his defence against a positive for cortisone?

Also, mine is an actual quote - while your quote, well, it isn't.

No, I am not a Doctor - and that is not my picture in my Avatar either, sorry if I have disappointed you.(Also, you will find PhD's are not "playing Doctors".)

Ok my attempted joke appears to be something someone has used before.

Some PHD’s do pass themselves off as doctors. You know that don’t you?

My quote was from a Television commercial and I played loose with the words. For example I put in 22 hours instead of the 6 hours. It appears that someone else has used that quote upthread.

sub240

BANNED
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Big GMaC said:
Muppet, do you not get the joke?

Dr. Ferrari --> Dr. Maserati

(That is the point right? :rolleyes: )

Why are you calling someone names? That type of behavior does nothing to further the "favorite Lance anti-doping quotes from times gone by..." thread.

I understand the connection or joke, now that you pointed it out to me. Next time try to not resort to name calling.

redtreviso said:
8 years as a pro and suddenly Lance transforms into a tour winner after cancer..Lance must love cancer

Let's not forget that Lance was also a former World Champion and a No.1 ranked pro before cancer. Then he lost 8kgs post chemo and found he could climb hills better which put him into contention for GT's.

Next time you're out climbing hills, throw another 8kgs in your backpack and see what difference it makes.

sub240

BANNED
Aug 5, 2010
Visit site
Polyarmour said:
Let's not forget that Lance was also a former World Champion and a No.1 ranked pro before cancer. Then he lost 8kgs post chemo and found he could climb hills better which put him into contention for GT's.

Next time you're out climbing hills, throw another 8kgs in your backpack and see what difference it makes.

oh man your just asking for it. These guys all love Cancer, they are about to drop on you like a 10 ton fatty.

Apr 9, 2009
Visit site
sub240 said:
oh man your just asking for it. These guys all love Cancer, they are about to drop on you like a 10 ton fatty.

No, actually, I think it's more likely that the comment will be ignored, since it's only been debated about 1,000 times.

"This latest attack will be no different than the first" — a sensationalized attempt to cash in on my name and sully my reputation by people who have demonstrated a consistent failure to adhere to the most basic journalistic standards or ethics"

"I raced clean. I won clean," Armstrong said in his statement.

"I am the most tested athlete in the history of sports. I have defended myself and won every court case to prove I was clean. Yet another French book with baseless, sensational and rejected allegations will not overcome the truth."

May 21, 2010
Visit site
sub240 said:

He'll probably be dropped more like a 10 ton fatty stupid enough to put an extra 8 kilos in his backpack.

Jul 22, 2009
Visit site
VeloGirl said:
I am only going to say this one time...

and then proceeded to say "I have never tested positive and never taken peds."

This quote always makes me think of another famous BS artist:

"But I want to say one thing to the American people.

I want you to listen to me. I'm going to say this again: I did not have sexual relations with that woman, Miss Lewinsky.

I never told anybody to lie, not a single time; never.

These allegations are false. And I need to go back to work for the American people."

Polyarmour said:

Let me fix that quote for you-

Next time you're out climbing hills, use testosterone patches, micro-dose EPO, transfuse your own blood and inject HgH and see what difference it makes".

There. That's better.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Berzin said:
Let me fix that quote for you-

Next time you're out climbing hills, use testosterone patches, micro-dose EPO, transfuse your own blood and inject HgH and see what difference it makes".

There. That's better.

let me fix that quote for you!
"Next time you're out climbing hills, use testosterone patches, micro-dose EPO, transfuse your own blood and inject HgH and god knows what else and lose 8kg and see what difference it makes".

There. That's better.

Jun 21, 2009
Visit site
ProfTournesol said:
let me fix that quote for you!
"Next time you're out climbing hills, use testosterone patches, micro-dose EPO, transfuse your own blood and inject HgH and god knows what else and make people think you lost 8kg and see what difference it makes".

There. That's better.

made another tiny correction, i think we've got it right now

TRENDING THREADS