• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Favourite rider?

Page 3 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

I'm a real fan of

• Nibali

• Evenepoel

• Pogacar

• Roglic

• Sagan

• Valverde

• van der Poel

• Bernal

• Pidcock

• none of these riders

Results are only viewable after voting.
If I'm going to name a specific rider, I'd probably go with Pinot; don't think it's a secret that I have a bit of a soft spot for the guy.
He's obviously talented, and when he's at his best he's amazing. Unfortunately, he's got *** luck. However, that just makes the succes so much sweeter! (That fall of 2018 campaign.)
Then there's the fact that he seems like a nice guy, and maybe also a little dorky sometimes; the guy has an Instagram account for his goat(s), for crying out loud!

Reactions: gunara
Peter Sagan head and shoulders. At his peak he was just a tremendous pleasure to watch. Monstrous engine. He was so dominant that it was normal to expect him to win or at least top 3 in the classics. The Triple WC was also out of this world. It seemed to last forever but it of course never does. Funny character as well. Divergent even. His long hair streak and Sporza interviews. Hey Froomey!! :D

Reactions: Sandisfan
I voted everyone on that poll bar Roglic, Bernal and Pidcock.

Only reason I'm against them is Roglic due to his success (it's always nice to root against the dominant guys tbf) and Bernal and Pidcock cos of Ineos (mainly team success here).

For others, I'm Irish so Bennett and Roche in particular would be up there. Likes of Ala, Pinot, Ciccone (growing on me with this Giro with his attacking tbh), Asgreen, De Gendt, Landa, Guillaume Martin would all be there. Basically just riders who race instead of sit behind guys and ride in trains.

I like Nibali and in the coming Belgian/Dutch war I am becoming a VdP fan. The only one on the list that I am a real fan of is Sagan

Bennett,Roche and Martin from a local point of view for me.
Im also a bit of an "old school" snob so against my own good health I love French cycling so it Pinot, Bardet and Ala

Reactions: Sandisfan
I voted everyone on that poll bar Roglic, Bernal and Pidcock.

Only reason I'm against them is Roglic due to his success (it's always nice to root against the dominant guys tbf) and Bernal and Pidcock cos of Ineos (mainly team success here).

For others, I'm Irish so Bennett and Roche in particular would be up there. Likes of Ala, Pinot, Ciccone (growing on me with this Giro with his attacking tbh), Asgreen, De Gendt, Landa, Guillaume Martin would all be there. Basically just riders who race instead of sit behind guys and ride in trains.
2 sky riders there, both guilty of sitting in the trains and 'ruining cycling'.