• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Feeding and bottles on final climbs

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

Should a rider be able to have a feed or take a bottle on a final climb?

• No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Race Radio said:
You can watch the re-run on Universal sports anytime you want. I did, my numbers are exact, not guesses.
There was no "Evens" in the race, mate; who the hell are you talking about? Your numbers may be correct but your spelling isn't. If you are going to bag him, how bout spelling his name correctly.:cool:

Dr. Maserati

BANNED
Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
ladyvader said:
Please don't bash me, but what is a "sticky bottle". I don't know what that means.
If you watch the bottle being passed 48 seconds and 3:16 sec in to this clipit will show what is meant.

A 'sticky bottle' is when the plastic water bottle (bidon) is passed from a car (usually their team car) to a rider and the rider holds on to it for a few (or quite a few!) seconds.

If you ever watch a race closely you will notice that a bidon is never just handed straight to a rider. The person in the car holds the bidon forward and the rider always grabs it by putting their hand back behind to grab it - both are now holding the bottle with force applied so the rider can avail of a small yet welcome respite.

Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
Dr. Maserati said:
If you watch the bottle being passed 48 seconds and 3:16 sec in to this clipit will show what is meant.

A 'sticky bottle' is when the plastic water bottle (bidon) is passed from a car (usually their team car) to a rider and the rider holds on to it for a few (or quite a few!) seconds.

If you ever watch a race closely you will notice that a bidon is never just handed straight to a rider. The person in the car holds the bidon forward and the rider always grabs it by putting their hand back behind to grab it - both are now holding the bottle with force applied so the rider can avail of a small yet welcome respite.

I have noticed that, but didn't realize it was called sticky bottle. Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS