• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Feillu has a new fan

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 10, 2010
Visit site
Bye Bye Bicycle said:
Well, who has eight wins this year already? Feillu.
And who has only four of them? Cav.

Who's on Nr. 23 of the current cq ranking? Feillu.
And who's on Nr. 49? Cav.

Who wore already the Maillot Jaune? Feillu.
Who never wore it? Cav.

'Nuff said.

+100500 Great humour :D But actuality Mark simply the best.

I just wanted to clarify that it's not fair at all to ridicule Feillu as some kind of second-tier sprinter. He's more than that. He can win smaller stage races, he's climbing quite well, he's of a astonishing consistency this year... and most of all he's a really nice guy. Remember how he congratulated Ciolek after got beaten by him at the Salzburg U23 WC road race.

Cav is maybe the best sprinter out there - but he's talking BS way too often.

Bye Bye Bicycle said:
I just wanted to clarify that it's not fair at all to ridicule Feillu as some kind of second-tier sprinter. He's more than that. He can win smaller stage races, he's climbing quite well, he's of a astonishing consistency this year... and most of all he's a really nice guy. Remember how he congratulated Ciolek after got beaten by him at the Salzburg U23 WC road race.

Cav is maybe the best sprinter out there - but he's talking BS way too often.

Feillu is clearly not a top-tier sprinter so saying he's second tier is flattering.

Apr 15, 2010
Visit site
judge a man by the entirety of his actions.

Romain Feillu always comes across as a nice guy who works hard.
Cav always comes across as a tool, who thinks he's superior to everyone, whose interviews alternate between "I'M THE BEST, LOVE ME!" and "IT'S SO UNFAIR!"

lancaster said:
judge a man by the entirety of his actions.

Romain Feillu always comes across as a nice guy who works hard.
Cav always comes across as a tool, who thinks he's superior to everyone, whose interviews alternate between "I'M THE BEST, LOVE ME!" and "IT'S SO UNFAIR!"

Actually his interviews nearly always focus on his team

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Feillu always comes across as a nice hardworking guy in interviews I have seen of him.

To be fair, Cav also seems a pretty decent guy in longer interviews with less editing than just sound bites where he comes across as a real jack-***.

I think both of them probably just passed a few off-hand comments that got totally blown out of proportion by the media.

From the interviews I've seen with Feillu I would interpret his comments to be in the tone of Cav is an amazing sprinter but he has a bit of a prima-donna attitude, and I love to attack so if get the opportunity I'll give it my all against Cav any day of the week.

I don't really think there is anything more to it.

There may be a little truth in what he says about Cav's arrogance but having said that I think Cav's line about the Stage 3 sprint was corroborated by Tommeke.

Romain Feillu is a good breakaway/uphill sprinter but really doesn't have much business mixing it up with the top dogs in a mass sprint he is (7th - 12th best in those sprints at best). Bozic is a better bet for Vacan.

It is also interesting to note the comments about Hushovd. I admire Hushovd and he is my favourite sprinter but weren't both he and Cav relegated from the inter sprint on that same stage for irregular sprinting?

Jun 16, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
I just think the people who are saying that Cav is a better sprinter and has a better palmares than Feillu are completely missing the point.
+1 Felliu is not saying he is better. Felliu is spot on about Cav's attitude
greenedge said:
Bit of an outburst. Cav may be arrogant but he gets results ( hopefully at this TDF too ). Also all the sprinters try to jump onto his sprint train, they know he's best.

The fact that Cav gets more results is irrelevant to what Felliu is saying.

sublimit said:
He ran Cav off the road so what did he expect? These second tier sprinters just get in the way in the end.

Cav's run people off before - last year's 1st sprint stage in the Tour, for example. He didn't mean to, and neither did Feillu here.

It's sprinting, it happens and it's the usual sprinters storm in a teacup here. There's no way Feillu will be looking to do anything to Cav in future. He'll be looking to win a stage, same as they all are.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
Thomsena said:
Which is a great part of why he is so good as he is.

I call BS on this...being a sore looser is very different than hating to loose. Cav is a sore looser, the conotation being that he is an *** hat about it. There is no dignity in the way Cav behaves sometimes. Anyway, I hate to say it..but I am with Ryo...a new fan of Feillu.

Jan 18, 2010
Visit site
King Of The Wolds said:
Cav's run people off before - last year's 1st sprint stage in the Tour, for example. He didn't mean to, and neither did Feillu here.

It's sprinting, it happens and it's the usual sprinters storm in a teacup here. There's no way Feillu will be looking to do anything to Cav in future. He'll be looking to win a stage, same as they all are.

Its what Feillu was saying about being prepared to baulk Cav in future sprints- he came out with a pretty dumb statement but you're probably right, these things happen in sprinting.

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
TRDean said:
I call BS on this...being a sore looser is very different than hating to loose. Cav is a sore looser, the conotation being that he is an *** hat about it. There is no dignity in the way Cav behaves sometimes. Anyway, I hate to say it..but I am with Ryo...a new fan of Feillu.

Wrong. He is arrogant, he is aggressive, he lacks respect of other riders and he cares about no one but himself and his team mates = some would call him a 'sore loser' (I haven't) but it still is a great part of why he is as great as he is.

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
July just wouldnt be the same without pointless Cav-bashing :rolleyes:

Cav's only mistake is whining on Feillu, he is not good enough to warrant attention or comment and sometime losers are going to get in the way.

There was no doubt who was the fastest in the closing 100s of metres of this stage, the wins will come today or soon after...

Jul 30, 2009
Visit site
site_37_rand_1236974901_cav_310_getty.jpg

to all his fans on this forum :D