• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fender or Gibson or other?

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
zapata said:
I know, both my current guitars are made in the USA. I've owned and sold a lot of guitars, but those are the two guitars that i'll never sell. When my kid is fifty years old, if I don't leave him anything else, he'll have a hundred year old es-330..

About the tele, I just intend to buy a cheap one to mess around with, with standard single coils. butterscotch, preferably..

those can be nice. as far a truss rod being in adjustment, it is hard to say after
the long journey from china. remember-tighty=righty loosey=lefty
enjoy:)

S2Sturges said:
Sorry, it's not pristine anymore, aside from the modifications,years of bars have taken their toll on the old girl..the tobacco finish has gone a bit greenish, the white trim is tan, and the back gouged by countless 70's and 80's belt buckles... my Rickenbacker, however, has been looked after since day one... the only ding in it was courtesy of the same brother.. but indeed, they are just that, beautiful tools of the trade.....

i have a bass player i use a lot and he can't stay in one place. so i have several
dings because of that. it is all good though.
nothing sounds like a Ric.

Jaguars & Jazzmasters :D

DSC_0064.jpg

(not mine btw)

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
This is maybe strange to some. Living in the city of broken dreams I see shops filled with awesome stuff that people have had to sell to keep themselves alive or just gave up on the dream. Bleeker St has a couple of shops 1 with a guitar that was played by Clapton for @4 years and another that was used Niel Young both say price upon request..I can only imagine how much they cost .

Sep 27, 2010
Visit site
zapata said:
Anyone have any experience with Squiers? I've been thinking about finally getting a Tele, but don't want to spend much on it. I see online Squier have an entire range of very affordable telecasters (including one with p90s on it!), but I'm apprehensive of buying a guitar, however cheap, that I haven't played. So, if anyone knows, how do the squiers compare to a proper Telecaster?

If you can get your hands on a Japanese Fender from the 1980's £4-500 very collectable.