Fernando Gaviria Discussion Thread

Page 23 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
I think his sprint timing is shot and his confidence is gone as well as missing the last 5% power required to win. I donot think this team management works for him. Somebody should calm him down and help him to think and wait. I think a return to Quickstep would be better.

I think his sprint timing is shot and his confidence is gone as well as missing the last 5% power required to win. I donot think this team management works for him. Somebody should calm him down and help him to think and wait. I think a return to Quickstep would be better.
He just finished 5th without a saddle in a 75+ kmh sprint. He's tried a couple of long-range moves that haven't worked out, but he's doing ok speed-wise. Timing is a thing that will come with practice. UAE have their stage win at this Giro, so the external pressure's probably pretty much off him.

Quickstep will almost certainly be better for him, provided this transition to a GC team with Remco takes a couple of years to reach full fruition, and Gaviria can still be their main sprinter at the Tour for a couple of seasons.

ASK THE COMMUNITY