Fernando Gaviria Discussion Thread

Page 21 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
And he also said something what would people say if he tried to fight with the climbers ine the mountains. So Fernando if you manage to finish 4th (like Kwiato inne that sprint) nobody would complain.
 
Time to bump this up again. First ever Tour stage and he takes it! Yes, he had a perfect leadout, but we saw with Viviani a few times this season that it is actually not the worst thing to start behind an actual sprinter. Gaviria still had to hold the other sprinters off.
 
Really happy for him. That was a beast sprint, Sagan had no chance, but Imagine if Kittel or Groenewegen had his wheel, then it would probably be a bit too early. He has a tendency of starting a bit too early sometimes.

QS is the best team in the world and Holm is the best DS. :p
 
Valv.Piti said:
Really happy for him. That was a beast sprint, Sagan had no chance, but Imagine if Kittel or Groenewegen had his wheel, then it would probably be a bit too early. He has a tendency of starting a bit too early sometimes.

QS is the best team in the world and Holm is the best DS. :p
Don't think Groenewegen really had the legs yesterday, but you're right. If he was in his wheel and with the right legs, he would have been a much tougher guy to beat than Sagan. I don't think Quickstep will be as dominant again this time, since the other teams will force them to start working earlier in the finale. Today could be for Kittel, Sagan or Groenewegen.
 
Sep 6, 2016
584
0
0
Cinemaniak said:
Valv.Piti said:
Really happy for him. That was a beast sprint, Sagan had no chance, but Imagine if Kittel or Groenewegen had his wheel, then it would probably be a bit too early. He has a tendency of starting a bit too early sometimes.

QS is the best team in the world and Holm is the best DS. :p
Don't think Groenewegen really had the legs yesterday, but you're right. If he was in his wheel and with the right legs, he would have been a much tougher guy to beat than Sagan. I don't think Quickstep will be as dominant again this time, since the other teams will force them to start working earlier in the finale. Today could be for Kittel, Sagan or Groenewegen.
Apparently Groenewegen told dutch tv that he didn’t have the legs today. It’ll be interesting to see how he fairs the rest of the way.
 
This guy is a real talent w or would a lead out train..he really has great positioning and has some in the saddle horsepower before he gets up and really stands on it..he is making lots of guys look B-list or maybe consider hanging it up..
Kittel and Greipel don't seem to have the the throttle this Columbian has..on the overhead video footage..he seems to be pulling away in the stroke for stroke drag race.. lots of impressive athletes but I am in awe of this guy's power.
 
Screecher said:
DNP-Old said:
Screecher said:
:eek: Very disappointing performance from him (if he is healthy). Overrated.
Him not doing his interviews in English really got to you, huh?
And you´re still butthurt about it, huh? Calm down, i kinda like the guy, but i really expected him to survive the mountains, so that was a bit of a shock.
I don't really care, I just find it funny. He suffered from the heat. Normally, he's one of the best climbing sprinters out there and makes the time cut in his sleep. That said, no matter how you try to spin it, he'll always be the best TDF debutant in the past 41 years.
 
DNP-Old said:
Screecher said:
DNP-Old said:
Screecher said:
:eek: Very disappointing performance from him (if he is healthy). Overrated.
Him not doing his interviews in English really got to you, huh?
And you´re still butthurt about it, huh? Calm down, i kinda like the guy, but i really expected him to survive the mountains, so that was a bit of a shock.
I don't really care, I just find it funny. He suffered from the heat. Normally, he's one of the best climbing sprinters out there and makes the time cut in his sleep. That said, no matter how you try to spin it, he'll always be the best TDF debutant in the past 41 years.
What about Sagan in 2012? Fernando had a great debut but Sagan won 3 stages and the green jersey in his debut.
 
Screecher said:
DNP-Old said:
Screecher said:
DNP-Old said:
Screecher said:
:eek: Very disappointing performance from him (if he is healthy). Overrated.
Him not doing his interviews in English really got to you, huh?
And you´re still butthurt about it, huh? Calm down, i kinda like the guy, but i really expected him to survive the mountains, so that was a bit of a shock.
I don't really care, I just find it funny. He suffered from the heat. Normally, he's one of the best climbing sprinters out there and makes the time cut in his sleep. That said, no matter how you try to spin it, he'll always be the best TDF debutant in the past 41 years.
What about Sagan in 2012? Fernando had a great debut but Sagan won 3 stages and the green jersey in his debut.
Fernando Gaviria Rendon did not miss his debut in the Tour de France. With two victories in three sprint chances, the Colombian rider of Quick-Step Floors can present nice results.

His figures are even so good that Gaviria is the best debutant in the Tour in 41 years. For the past 4 decades, no single debutant could win two of the three stages in line. The team time trial of Monday is of course not added.

The last rider to do that was Dietrich 'Didi' Thurau in 1977. The German also won two of the first three runs in line.
 
Jul 14, 2015
708
0
0
Haha, nobody told you it doesn't count if you don't finish? Disgrace, taking track sprinters and chauffeuring them to the line, then they drop out already in the second week.
 
Re:

hazaran said:
Haha, nobody told you it doesn't count if you don't finish? Disgrace, taking track sprinters and chauffeuring them to the line, then they drop out already in the second week.
I don't think there's anything wrong with being a "track sprinter". There's a reason why there are no mountains in the first week you know... so that guys like them have a chance for a good result. It makes the sport that much more enjoyable having all these riders who all ride a road bike but have very different characteristics, strengths and weaknesses.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY