• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

First Oprah, now Contador. Beef muy mad!

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site
So:

A) Did the butcher in Irun deal in 'South American' beef?

B) Has the 'South American' beef that enters Irun been tested for clenbuterol?

C) Do all South American countries allow the use of clenbuterol?

Sounds like "Pass the meat loaf' to me...

Mar 26, 2010
Visit site
This doesn't surprise me. Contador's defense pits him against interests that are possibly more powerful than what he can bring to the table.

I say "possibly" because I don't know how powerful the beef industry is in Spain. Extremely powerful and well connected in the US, and it doesn't take kindly any criticism or allegations that impact the credibility of their product. Even though they lost the Oprah case on free speech grounds, the fact is that they got the underlying law passed in the first place.

Put it this way, people here may think Armstrong has clout in Texas, but he's small time compared to the beef industry there.

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Contador could still make up with the beef industry and join forces with them by claiming the steak was imported from South America. But that wouldn't be very believable right now. He should have done it from the beginning.
He just has to say that he was waiting for the Spanish agricultural association to say something about meat coming from South America first so people wouldn't think he was making it all up...

lapss321

BANNED
Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
A) Did the butcher in Irun deal in 'South American' beef?

B) Has the 'South American' beef that enters Irun been tested for clenbuterol?

C) Do all South American countries allow the use of clenbuterol?