Flandis in New Zealand

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
no but theirs a reason why the english language has some rules its because without them its impossible to tell what people mean and it just makes it look like an insane and inane stream of conshusness if you dont use some form of rules
 
There are dozen's of posters on this forum, to whom the English language is a second, or even third language.
If they can take the trouble and effort, to use correct structure, then so should those who don't have this excuse to fall back on.
Not only is it lazy, it's usually a sign that their "contribution" has little, in terms on informative comment.

Besides, correct sentence structure avoids misinterpretation.

It is sad to see how far Floyd has fallen, but there is a lesson here, for all those contemplating a similar approach.
 
Mellow Velo said:
It is sad to see how far Floyd has fallen, but there is a lesson here, for all those contemplating a similar approach.

I think it illustrates the unfairness of the system. FLandis is sleeping on people's couches. Heras is racing folding bikes. Basso is racing the Giro and the Vuelta.
 
Aug 25, 2009
397
0
0
Animal said:
no but theirs a reason why the english language has some rules its because without them its impossible to tell what people mean and it just makes it look like an insane and inane stream of conshusness if you dont use some form of rules

You can stay within the rules, and still make ambiguous statements. Lack of grammar and spelling skills don't equate to lack of intelligence to me. There are dyslexics as well. Latching onto someones spelling or grammatical errors as an excuse to dismiss their post always strikes me as the height of patheticness (I'm not accusing you of that). If you don't fully understand what someone means, why not ask them to clarify?
 
May 6, 2009
8,522
1
0
BroDeal said:
I think it illustrates the unfairness of the system. FLandis is sleeping on people's couches. Heras is racing folding bikes. Basso is racing the Giro and the Vuelta.

And some keep on getting away with it.
 
Mellow Velo said:
It is sad to see how far Floyd has fallen, but there is a lesson here, for all those contemplating a similar approach.

Maybe he's just at the level he should be. Taking off to somewhere farway to sleep on couches, have an adventure and do some good amateur racing. Sounds like fun to me.

There's nothing wrong with not being good enough to be a pro, If more people could accept that, the racing scene would be healthier.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
mrbear364 said:
Damn damn damn dam.......floyd has put this dilemma behind him so wye are you guys putting it infront of you, give the damn man a break every one diserved to feed his or her family the way the seen it fit as long as they don`t envade your space stop acting like a bunch of woss, let it go man let it go.......sour pusses .......let him be :d

Landis has moved on? He continues his lie. He continues to sucker in his gullible followers into believing he was clean, even though it is overwhelmingly obvious that he was a doper.

So it is OK for Landis to continue to lie, but is not OK for anyone to question his lies?
 
Jun 16, 2009
647
0
0
Animal said:
There's nothing wrong with not being good enough to be a pro, If more people could accept that, the racing scene would be healthier.

If Floyd had accepted it earlier he would probably be healthier
 
Mongol_Waaijer said:
If Floyd had accepted it earlier he would probably be healthier

It is noticeable, that the two riders who seem to have plummteted the depths, a la Pantani, are Hamilton and Landis.
All three shared an inability to accept their fate, in order to deal with it.
I guess one only finds that character frailty, when it's far too late.
 
Oct 6, 2009
5,270
2
0
I wonder how much Floyd's hip resurfacing affects his riding. He said, back during his original hip announcement, that no one had ever had this kind of surgery and come back to high-level sports, so he wasn't sure if he would be able to do so. Now he says the hip doesn't bother him, doesn't affect his riding. But he's sponsored by the company that made the replacment parts, and by his doctors/clinic. So, even if the hip is a factor, he probably can't say so. I just wonder how much of this is riding clean now and how much is the hip. Maybe some of both?
 
Jul 1, 2009
320
0
0
Why doesnt Floppin Floyd Roid Liedthis just go away, home to his amish folks, to stop embarrasing himself and boring others with his lies. Maybe he could build himself a wooden amish tricycle?
Hip hop please stop.
 
Jul 14, 2009
2,498
0
0
Floyd is toast. Spent all those years of rehab by going on a book tour full of negativity. He had one in a NYC brew house to raise money for his legal defense you pay 60 to get a couple of glasses of beer and hear him say how innocent he was. The guy used to ride with confidence but he is broken beyond repair,not the hip the head. I am not sure how many guys are wrongly accused ,1 is too many,but Landis should have taken it like a man because look what he turned himself into Terri Hatcher could probably light him up.
 
Aug 13, 2009
12,855
1
0
Beech Mtn said:
I wonder how much Floyd's hip resurfacing affects his riding. He said, back during his original hip announcement, that no one had ever had this kind of surgery and come back to high-level sports, so he wasn't sure if he would be able to do so. Now he says the hip doesn't bother him, doesn't affect his riding. But he's sponsored by the company that made the replacment parts, and by his doctors/clinic. So, even if the hip is a factor, he probably can't say so. I just wonder how much of this is riding clean now and how much is the hip. Maybe some of both?

Floyd has said his hip is 100% and does not effect him at all.
 
Jun 18, 2009
281
0
0
Animal said:
no but theirs a reason why the english language has some rules its because without them its impossible to tell what people mean and it just makes it look like an insane and inane stream of conshusness if you dont use some form of rules

Did you ever consider that this issue may be generational or technology based? That is people, who use twitter and texting, find punctuation and grammar to be limiting. Either because of the amount of characters that can be used (140 for twitter), or the type of technology used (thumbing the blackberry), or the cost of sending the message (transmission fees).

Besides, "insane and inane" are the only forms of consciousness that some people know.
 
Jun 18, 2009
281
0
0
mikkemus23 said:
Why doesnt Floppin Floyd Roid Liedthis just go away, home to his amish folks, to stop embarrasing himself and boring others with his lies. Maybe he could build himself a wooden amish tricycle?
Hip hop please stop.

Maybe because he can't, as his folks are not Amish, they're Mennonite. Maybe we could convince them to convert. We could reason that by doing so, they would help to stop you from embarrasing yourself and boring us with your tripe.
 
At this point I see zero chance of him ever telling "the truth." He'd have to do a complete 180 turn in his public stance and name names about people that are far more influential and powerful than him. And how could he ever get contracted to do a book deal now when the content would be along the lines of "my last book was all lies but now I'm really telling the truth. Seriously!" The guy is screwed and must sleep in the bed that he made.
 
May 25, 2009
332
0
0
Doesn't matter....

I have asked myself many times why Tyler or Floyd don't come clean and write a "tell all" and one of the man reasons is that even if Floyd had a smoking gun like pics of the doping apparatus - it wouldn't be enough to generate big sales. Even though it could implicate LA and some other athletes nobody in the us has ever heard of, at the end of the day it's still bike racing a sport inthe US that has about 45,000 participants. Jose Canseco's "juiced" though slightly ahead of it's time sold only sold about 200,000 copies and that's BASEBALL with names almost every male in US knows.... The costs of the inevitable lawsuits would be more than the book would ever make - this concept was discussed in an interview with David Walsh about how US publishers found the risk/reward of publishing his books not worth it.

That is one of the worst aspects of the doping plague in Pro cycling - the random and capricious nature of who gets pursued/busted. One half have their lives ruined the other half gets multi-million dollar endorsement deals or is allowed to stay at the top of the sport save for some pesky legal fees. Both are guilty of the same crimes - we all know it.
 
I think riders like Landis and Hamilton will eventually talk. They might not write books, but they will get interviewed, even if it just for a retrospective about racing in the early to mid 00s. It will be hard for them not to talk. Who would want to spend the rest of their lives as a scapegoat when they could easily explain that they were no different than anyone else they raced against.

At this point Landis is basically judgement proof.
 
Sep 25, 2009
7,527
1
0
flandis already exposed armstrong several times. to vaughter first and lastly to some blogger can't recall the name now who went 180 on flanadis' lies. flandis has more character but is rotten to core. hamilton is different. he'll talk only if he thinks he can charm his listeners. he can be bought.
 
Aug 3, 2009
169
0
0
oldschoolnik said:
....The costs of the inevitable lawsuits would be more than the book would ever make - this concept was discussed in an interview with David Walsh about how US publishers found the risk/reward of publishing his books not worth it....

Are there any English translations of his LA Confidentiel book on the internet?
 
Aug 3, 2009
169
0
0
Race Radio said:
Yes, but it is essentially the same info as Lance to Landis

Thanks. I kind of figured that it was that way, but wouldn't mind reading it if anyone has a link.
 
May 25, 2009
332
0
0
If you are a student of the topic....

if you are already a student of the topic and have read all the extended coverage of Puerto and Landis case and 99 samples etc... there is not that much new material - I read the chapters in Barnes and Noble of a few lunch hours. That said I did learn some new stuff.
 
oldschoolnik said:
if you are already a student of the topic and have read all the extended coverage of Puerto and Landis case and 99 samples etc... there is not that much new material - I read the chapters in Barnes and Noble of a few lunch hours. That said I did learn some new stuff.

Another refugee from RBR. Cool.