• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd questions

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Also isn't testosterone stored in fat cells?

This has been the information I have read over the years for how some steroids suddenly re-appear in athletes systems.

If so, and he burned extra fat on the "bonk" the day before, it could have released the wrong ratio of EPT/T into his system which threw off the ratio test. Which also could explain why he was able to say he didn't use it during the tour. It seems he was using it before and probably during a blood draw as well.

It would be an interesting problem for an athlete to test positive for something you were sure you didn't take - but know you were doing other things as well...

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Recently listened to a radio report on liable and defamation cases in US courts. The lawyers that were interviewed as experts said that these type of lawsuits have all but dried up in the US court system. Lots of newspapers and magazines print an apology or retraction right after they receive a complaint. It is most commonly done on an online version of the news sources content. Anybody that says anything bad about Armstrong has a good chance of little to no heavy penalty from the Armstrong camp. Floyd can spew like a BP gusher and the most that can happen will be a cork put in it.

fatandfast said:
Recently listened to a radio report on liable and defamation cases in US courts. The lawyers that were interviewed as experts said that these type of lawsuits have all but dried up in the US court system. Lots of newspapers and magazines print an apology or retraction right after they receive a complaint. It is most commonly done on an online version of the news sources content. Anybody that says anything bad about Armstrong has a good chance of little to no heavy penalty from the Armstrong camp. Floyd can spew like a BP gusher and the most that can happen will be a cork put in it.

Yeah, but the Feds are taking him seriously enough to at least try to get corroboration for his claims.

Jul 14, 2009
Visit site
Ninety5rpm said:
Yeah, but the Feds are taking him seriously enough to at least try to get corroboration for his claims.

The feds owe it to everybody to investigate these claims completely. No matter how romantic and legendary the sports stars are that are accused. Landis should not be able to hold a racing license anywhere in the US. If his claims are proven to have no merit he should be sued by our federation, federal government and each of the other agencies that he has charged with following up on serious offenses. Landis is a convicted criminal . He has cost millions during his years long filthy lying circus. He has shunned other countries as they tried to hold him accountable. He has made the selection process for the very few premier US bike races subject to undue harm and stress. People like him have made something as wholesome as a bicycle race into a drug charged hot potato. Gila/CA/Missouri and others have had a harder time getting cash from sponsors not because of the star power and proven record of a Lemond or Armstrong. No because he cried innocent to the same news outlets and investigators and was lying the whole time..his cry was a long one that crossed the globe from courtroom to courtroom. Landis should be banned from use cycling for his conduct..he already served the 2 years for drugs. Regardless of the validity of the Landis claims he should not be able to race in the US

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
buckwheat said:
He had enough credibility for a Federal case and that's all that matters at this point.

Well that's sort of true I suppose, but not quite IMO. The way I see it what Floyd brings to the table isn't credibility, other accusation have been made by people with far healthier credibility than Landis. What Landis brings to the table is detailed information. If there was doping on Us Postal and I don't think I ave to convince you there was Landis is in a position to know a lot about it and even if he is the bitter, revenge seeking man that Armstrong portrays him as the best way for him to get that revenge is probably to tell the truth. That information can serve as the basis for an investigation no matter how tattered his credibility is.

Also as I said earleir if two people say the same thing without an easy possibility of ahving conspired to say it and particularly if their information is detailed that has a lot of weight even if individually they have 0 credibility, so if anyone is willing to back Landis up, and the media repport that this is the case, then things start getting interesting.

Also of cause the fact that Landis is famous probably help bring public attention to the case, that can be important in cases like this.

Anyway to sum it up I don't think it's about credibility really, not sure if we really disagree. Now if you'll excuse me I'll get some popcorn and watch the fireworks, I do so love having my cynicism validated and it happens so often.

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
fatandfast said:
The feds owe it to everybody to investigate these claims completely. No matter how romantic and legendary the sports stars are that are accused. Landis should not be able to hold a racing license anywhere in the US. If his claims are proven to have no merit he should be sued by our federation, federal government and each of the other agencies that he has charged with following up on serious offenses. Landis is a convicted criminal . He has cost millions during his years long filthy lying circus. He has shunned other countries as they tried to hold him accountable. He has made the selection process for the very few premier US bike races subject to undue harm and stress. People like him have made something as wholesome as a bicycle race into a drug charged hot potato. Gila/CA/Missouri and others have had a harder time getting cash from sponsors not because of the star power and proven record of a Lemond or Armstrong. No because he cried innocent to the same news outlets and investigators and was lying the whole time..his cry was a long one that crossed the globe from courtroom to courtroom. Landis should be banned from use cycling for his conduct..he already served the 2 years for drugs. Regardless of the validity of the Landis claims he should not be able to race in the US

Wow, that is some misplaced venom.

Which criminal court again has convicted Landis? Missed it, please fill us in.

Which other countries are you speaking of? France had a parallel proceeding, if memory serves, despite WADA asking them to not do it.

Gila, Tour of GA, UT, MO and other US races have struggled for many many years, even in the best of times, and it has nothing to do with Landis, or doping for that matter. If you cannot understand why, then, by all means, blame Landis, he is probably to blame ;).

Now, if his claims have merit (as the Feds already feel they do) and they are proven to be correct, what say you as to how they should handle Armstrong and his gang of blood doping, bike selling, govt fraud perpetrating cronies?

Please be detailed, I am interested in your perspective.

fatandfast said:
If Landis' claims are shown to be even only partially true, the only difference between what Landis did and what Armstrong did is that Armstrong did much, much more of it.

It is doping, denying doping, or both. Take your pick.