Floyd to be charged with fraud

spetsa said:
Unreal... only in America could Greg Mortenson be cleared of any criminal wrongdoing and 48 hours later Floyd is to be charged! de Tocqueville had our system pegged in 1835.
So if one criminal escapes prosecution, all of them should?
Landis deserves investigation as much as the next fraud.
 
Aug 3, 2010
843
0
0
andy1234 said:
So if one criminal escapes prosecution, all of them should?
Landis deserves investigation as much as the next fraud.
You do realize that backhandedly, you reiterated my point.
 
May 20, 2010
38
0
0
The Floyd fairness Fund was to fight the charge that he had synthetic testosterone in his system. To this day he insists that he did not take any kind of testosterone and that he should not have been busted for that. He did admit to all knds of hematocrit enhancing doping, but he was not busted for that and did not fight that charge with the fairness fund monies.

He needs Fabiani. This is much more of a waste of taxpayer money than the Armstrong investigation.
 
Oct 30, 2010
177
0
0
Markyboyzx6r said:
I tell you what, I thought 2012 was going to be a really good year in the anti-doping fight in cycling.

It's turning out to be an absolute disaster. And it's only April.
...and now this. It's hard to know whether to laugh or hang one's head. Simply mental. Mad. An absolute farce.
 
_Zipp0_ said:
The Floyd fairness Fund was to fight the charge that he had synthetic testosterone in his system. To this day he insists that he did not take any kind of testosterone and that he should not have been busted for that. He did admit to all knds of hematocrit enhancing doping, but he was not busted for that and did not fight that charge with the fairness fund monies.

He needs Fabiani. This is much more of a waste of taxpayer money than the Armstrong investigation.
Maybe this is Nov's backdoor way of getting the Lance file out in the open. Floyd said "charge me" then we can introduce all the evidence collected.
 
hrotha said:
I know we all love Floyd, but the Floyd Fairness Fund wasn't cool. It was a blatant fraud despite the usual narrative about most money coming from LA and therefore it not mattering.
Not sure we all love Floyd.

Just another rider who s**t on the sport but remains in the headlines.
 
Mar 17, 2009
1,863
0
0
thehog said:
Maybe this is Nov's backdoor way of getting the Lance file out in the open. Floyd said "charge me" then we can introduce all the evidence collected.
Interesting idea, i wonder....
 
ultimobici said:
Interesting idea, i wonder....
My theory being the FFF crosses a few lines. It really wasn't just about Floyd and donations. It really was the Armstrong Champions Club model on a smaller scale with Hog and Armstrong advising how to set it up and who to hit up for money.

I can't imagine there's much in a case of Floyd lying to get $300,000 in donations. If the Armstrong investigation fell apart then this one wouldn't have a lot of legs. But being able to introduce a lot documentation on how the money was raised and by whom you get a lot of stuff out into the open.

I honestly can't see how Armstrong would be happy about this... it doesn't serve him in anyway. All it does is give Floyd a legally protected forum to speak more about what went on back in the dark days of the UCI/USPS.
 
andy1234 said:
Not sure we all love Floyd.

Just another rider who s**t on the sport but remains in the headlines.
Well the sport has been shat on for decades, has literally developed within a culture if doping and omertà. Maybe it well turn over a new leaf, maybe not.

The thing that is so sensational, in a grotesque way, is the coincidence between the Armstrong case being dropped by the feds that was opened by the one’s voice who, in connection with his own doping offence, knew about Armstrong’s; and the case that is now being opened against him by the same feds, with whom he had previously collaborated, in connection to the fraud associated with his, Landis,’ defense, before he spoke about Armstrong's doping, who is no longer under investigation. In a system in which some people's money and fame is evidently more just than others, though, this is little surprising.
 
Apr 9, 2009
976
0
0
This seems to me like charging P.T. Barnum with fraud for charging people money to see the monkey boy.
 
May 18, 2009
3,758
0
0
rhubroma said:
Well the sport has been shat on for decades, has literally developed within a culture if doping and omertà. Maybe it well turn over a new leaf, maybe not.

The thing that is so sensational, in a grotesque way, is the coincidence between the Armstrong case being dropped by the feds that was opened by the one’s voice who, in connection with his own doping offence, knew about Armstrong’s; and the case that is now being opened against him by the same feds, with whom he had previously collaborated, in connection for the fraud associated with his, Landis’ defense, before he spoke about Armstrong's doping, who is no longer under investigation. In a system in which some people's money and fame is evidently more just than others, though, this is little surprising.
Yes, isn't it hillariously ironic? This is great. :D
 
Hope Floyd can makes statements like "Waste of taxpayers money" and "Why is the government interested in what happened years ago in some bike race in France"?

I have to agree its bloody funny!

We do live in a strange world.
 
May 18, 2009
3,758
0
0
thehog said:
Hope Floyd can makes statements like "Waste of taxpayers money" and "Why is the government interested in what happened years ago in some bike race in France"?

I have to agree its bloody funny!

We do live in a strange world.
First of all it wasn't something that "happened in some bike race in France". He solicited money under false pretenses.

I do agree it is a waste of taxpayer's money. It should not be against the law to dupe stupid people into giving their money away. This goes on in church every Sunday morning.
 
Aug 10, 2010
6,286
0
0
thehog said:
Maybe this is Nov's backdoor way of getting the Lance file out in the open. Floyd said "charge me" then we can introduce all the evidence collected.
A federal felony sure fits in well with Floyd's "full genius" tactics. So would enduring a soul-sucking criminal prosecution.

Not sure how well a conviction for a crime involving dishonesty or false statement is going to help Floyd's strategy of taking Lance's money via qui tam.

I expect a quiet guilty plea and a lot of contrition.
 
May 18, 2009
3,758
0
0
MarkvW said:
A federal felony sure fits in well with Floyd's "full genius" tactics. So would enduring a soul-sucking criminal prosecution.

Not sure how well a conviction for a crime involving dishonesty or false statement is going to help Floyd's strategy of taking Lance's money via qui tam.

I expect a quiet guilty plea and a lot of contrition.
One of the unfortunate results of LA's case being dropped is that FL will not be crossed by LA's lawyers. It would have been a bloodbath.
 
MarkvW said:
A federal felony sure fits in well with Floyd's "full genius" tactics. So would enduring a soul-sucking criminal prosecution.

Not sure how well a conviction for a crime involving dishonesty or false statement is going to help Floyd's strategy of taking Lance's money via qui tam.

I expect a quiet guilty plea and a lot of contrition.
Nah... he's doesn't give a ***. I'd say he's laughing right now. Laughing out loud as hard as possible.

I guess all is fair in Love & War...... Floyd knew this when he first confessed. There would be repercussions. I still don't see this as it appears.

If there was a problem then the case should have opened months ago when he first confessed..... maybe it did.

Something is not adding up here..... time will tell but it's a strange turn in a long story of Lance & Floyd.

The book will be a good read!
 
Oct 16, 2010
19,912
1
0
ChrisE said:
First of all it wasn't something that "happened in some bike race in France". He solicited money under false pretenses.

I do agree it is a waste of taxpayer's money. It should not be against the law to dupe stupid people into giving their money away. This goes on in church every Sunday morning.
..........:D......
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS