• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd's Act of "Whistleblowing".

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
What a sad joke and silly travesty.

Invoking the "Whistlblower Act" on Pro cycling.

Floyd can join the likes of Frank Serpico, Karen Silkwood and Jan Karski?
Tossing and Turning in their graves hahaha.

And you know, Floyd has just shot himself in the foot.
Forgot to tighten the bolts on his aero bar as it were.
Late to the start ramp. Overslept.

First of all, there was no fraud. Lance DELIVERED rain or shine.
Top notch publicity for the USPostal service.

Now if Lance had been busted, like Floyd, THAT would have been a different story.
Bad Publicity. Just like Festina. Or T-Mobile.
But wait, their stock went up...go figure.

Floyd is a scammer?
The truth will prevail.

It's only a Paper Moon....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swjAIru7Y8w

What the crap is THIS whistleblower suit all about? I'd like to hear some legal experts chime in on this. What I know about whistleblower rights is it protects employees from being fired from their job as the result of bringing up issues with their employer that may have employee or general public health or safety implications, or involve legal or business ethics, AND are issues which the employer takes sides against. This whistleblower suit just does not make any sense to me. I fail to see where Landis identified any issue or problem that he felt any of his former employers needed to address and was fired as a result. Maybe he was let go by a former employer (i.e. USPS) for oposing some policy or program within the team. If it was some doping related policy (like he was told to dope and didn't want to), that sure didn't stop him from doping when he was with Phonak. I dunno. At this point it just stinks like a red herring.

Oct 18, 2009
Visit site
Polish said:

Now if Lance had been busted, like Floyd, THAT would have been a different story.

Floyd is a scammer?
The truth will prevail.

You must be a real dumbass? Do you truly believe Lance is innocent...or are you just being perverse? It sounds like you know Lance doped just as well as anyone else on this forum and yet you continue to support his cause because you clearly don't give a $hit about the sport of cycling or about the health of young cyclists.

I won't speak for Polish, but I really don't know what to believe as there has not been any concrete proof that could stand up in court. At this point it's more like he said she said, plus some speculation. That said, I would not be surprised if all or most of the top contenders during that era were doing a variety of things to gain competitive advantage. But having a really strong hunch is not the same as knowing.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
online-rider said:
You must be a real dumbass? Do you truly believe Lance is innocent...or are you just being perverse? It sounds like you know Lance doped just as well as anyone else on this forum and yet you continue to support his cause because you clearly don't give a $hit about the sport of cycling or about the health of young cyclists.

Polish is a troll. He puts these threads up all the time. He gets his jollies from bagging Contador, Landis, heck anyone who stood up to Lance. Worse, he knows full and well what Lance is and has done but still holds onto some minor semblance of the object of his idolatry. He is really sad and I suggest you do what most people do with trolls. Ignore him.

Galic Ho said:
Polish is a troll. He puts these threads up all the time. He gets his jollies from bagging Contador, Landis, heck anyone who stood up to Lance. Worse, he knows full and well what Lance is and has done but still holds onto some minor semblance of the object of his idolatry. He is really sad and I suggest you do what most people do with trolls. Ignore him.

Sounds like Polish is not real objective, eh? Well, I just hope justice and truth will prevail. Maybe someday we'll really know what that is.

Polish said:

Floyd is a scammer?
The truth will prevail.

Hey mods, is it possible to merge this with one of the several other threads that are discussing this topic? Actually, come to think of it, I'm not sure what the 'topic' is here, but it would probably fit into any thread related to Armstrong or Landis.

633908839279895950-Specialpeople.jpg

This is all that needs to be said. It also includes cyclists in the picture so that is a bonus:rolleyes:

on3m@n@rmy said:
What the crap is THIS whistleblower suit all about? I'd like to hear some legal experts chime in on this. What I know about whistleblower rights is it protects employees from being fired from their job as the result of bringing up issues with their employer that may have employee or general public health or safety implications, or involve legal or business ethics, AND are issues which the employer takes sides against. This whistleblower suit just does not make any sense to me. I fail to see where Landis identified any issue or problem that he felt any of his former employers needed to address and was fired as a result. Maybe he was let go by a former employer (i.e. USPS) for oposing some policy or program within the team. If it was some doping related policy (like he was told to dope and didn't want to), that sure didn't stop him from doping when he was with Phonak. I dunno. At this point it just stinks like a red herring.

It's an agenda. He's not a whistleblower, he's a rat. The very origin of the word proves as much.

Apr 11, 2009
Visit site
Hey, "Polish",

Gonna be hilarious when the grand jury, Novitzky, etc., question Ryszard Kielpinski, Lance's long-time Polish soigneur and PEDs conduit.

Think he's gonna have fun with the perjury biz? He's not gonna have much of a fig leaf, or nary a Texan cow pattie in sight, to hide under.

As Flandis said to the Disco boys, "Discover" that! :D

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:
. . .
. . .

Wow - I don't know about Karski, but Serpico and Silkwood are "Standing Tall" kinda company. Not a bad place to be, but rather something my momma taught me I always wanted to try and be like.

Feb 14, 2010
Visit site
I normally read the funny papers on Sunday mornings, but this thread will do.

fraud
   /frɔd/ Show Spelled[frawd] Show IPA
–noun
deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.
a particular instance of such deceit or trickery: mail fraud; election frauds.
any deception, trickery, or humbug: That diet book is a fraud and a waste of time.
a person who makes deceitful pretenses; sham; poseur.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/fraud?jss=0

Feb 21, 2010
Visit site
Polish said:

Floyd is a scammer?
The truth will prevail.

Really now? Suggesting Landis be dead?

Isn't this ban-worthy, Mods?

Suggesting there was no fraud? I see you've convinced yourself otherwise, despite the clear contract language in the article that references drugs/doping. To be clear, it is called fraud in the concealment. Hiding the doping from the sponsor (the US Fed Govt), so that they could continue to be paid. Had the US Fed Govt been aware of, been told of, or otherwise had information about the doping program on the team, they would not have paid or continue to pay.

That is it. And, it is fraud. Thus, Floyd is informing the US Fed Govt of the behavior, the concealment, the doping program.

Your attempt to narrow application to impress that Pro Cycling is not where such a legal effort should be valid is a FAIL.

I guess the questions are: "Does the US Fed Govt like to be defrauded? And if not, will they consider the information that Floyd provided and pursue recovery of their money, money that was obtained via the fraud?"

Seems to me, and in looking at many many other whistle blower cases, the US Fed Govt works to recover monies in many many industries where they contract.

Your post is a FAIL. Your position in defending the Armstrong illusion is a FAIL.

FAIL. FAIL. FAIL.

Lance is in a Federal two-step. Criminal and Civil. Pick your poison. Do time or go broke.

Which will he choose?

online-rider said:

you got trolled. read all of this guy's postings and you will ignore him too.

Feb 4, 2010
Visit site
shawnrohrbach said:
you got trolled. read all of this guy's postings and you will ignore him too.

Not too many postings here are worthy of attention. Whether fanboy or hater (seems very few are somewhere in between) most posts on this subject are long on opinion, conjecture, personal bias, interwebz fed frenzy and so on. One thing very few are based on is objectivity.

Polish

BANNED
Mar 11, 2009
Visit site
Colm.Murphy said:
Really now? Suggesting Landis be dead?

Isn't this ban-worthy, Mods?

?

Colm.Murphy, I was asking the question IF Floyd deserves to join the likes of Frank Serpico or Karen Silkwood.

I obviously think NO.
Frank and Karen were not dirty employees.
Frank and Karen did not go to other employers and continue to be dirty.
Frank and Karen were true WhistleBlowers, not "born again" snitches.

Also, the WhistleBlower suit by Floyd would be against the Postal Team not Lance.
There is no Lance in Team. Just another rider.

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site
Sheesh, did any of you guys bother to actually READ the news story??

The whistle-blower suit allows Floyd to claim some percentage of any $$ the US govt might be able to recover form LA/Tailwind.

Seeing as how:

1. Floyd never got to cash in on his fraudulent Tour win (large next-season salary upgrade)..
2. Was never offered re-employment by the guys he protected (LA/JB)...
3. Was black-balled from the Tour of California in 2010...
4. Is broke, divorced, and treated like a pariah...
5. Has absolutely ZERO employment prospects in his chosen profession...

...Do you really think it's that preposterous that he might stand up for himself and ask to receive any compensation he's RIGHTLY ENTITLED TO, in the event LA & Co. are required to make restituation to the US govt.??

Or perhaps you all think Floyd needs to just bend over again (and again and again...), b/c after all, Lance is a cancer warrior. :mad:

Yee haw. Hope rides again. Go get 'em, Polish!

NashbarShorts said:
Sheesh, did any of you guys bother to actually READ the news story??

The whistle-blower suit allows Floyd to claim some percentage of any $$ the US govt might be able to recover form LA/Tailwind.

Seeing as how:

1. Floyd never got to cash in on his fraudulent Tour win (large next-season salary upgrade)..
2. Was never offered re-employment by the guys he protected (LA/JB)...
3. Was black-balled from the Tour of California in 2010...
4. Is broke, divorced, and treated like a pariah...
5. Has absolutely ZERO employment prospects in his chosen profession...

...Do you really think it's that preposterous that he might stand up for himself and ask to receive any compensation he's RIGHTLY ENTITLED TO, in the event LA & Co. are required to make restituation to the US govt.??

I hope Landis does come out of this with some money. He has been put through hell for doing nothing more than Armstrong, Pantani, Ullrich, Riis, etc. did. Since LA, Hincapie, Leipheimer, Bruyneel, and the others involved are set up nicely for life, why shouldn't Landis come away with something. At least he actually won the big one as opposed to Hincapie and Leipheimer, who both never met their objectives. It would be a fitting end for some of LA and Weasel's money to end up in FLandis' pockets.

Jun 19, 2009
Visit site
BroDeal said:
I hope Landis does come out of this with some money. He has been put through hell for doing nothing more than Armstrong, Pantani, Ullrich, Riis, etc. did. Since LA, Hincapie, Leipheimer, Bruyneel, and the others involved are set up nicely for life, why shouldn't Landis come away with something. At least he actually won the big one as opposed to Hincapie and Leipheimer, who both never met their objectives. It would be a fitting end for some of LA and Weasel's money to end up in FLandis' pockets.

I hope Landis comes out of it with something, too. But I admit I don't feel great about any justifications based on his association with Lance and Co. Floyd made those choices when he expected to benefit. When he left the Bruyneel reservation he was a lone Indian and that may have made him extra-vulnerable to scrutiny by the UCI. As many have said, Peirrero didn't exactly represent the clean future, either.
What would be amazing is finding a tie between the UCI and any extra scrutiny toward Floyd. That could be the straw that breaks that organization's management. Pure speculation, admittedly.

NashbarShorts said:

We all know Floyd doped in 2006 with Phonak, won the tour, tested positive, had his Tour victory stripped, and lied about doping during the 2006 Tour. The worst thing he did was take peoples hard earned money for his defense when he was guilty all along. IF Floyd gets any money at all from his whistleblower suit, he should return all of it to the people who contributed to his defense funds. From that viewpoint, I almost hope Floyd does get some money that he can return. But do you really think Floyd will do that? IF Floyd would do that OR had raced clean himself, then he's entitled to compensation. But not otherwise. You can agrue he covered up for LA and is therefore entitled to compensation. But Floyd, having doped, was also covering up for himself and should not be entitled. I just don't see the logic in taking money from one rat and giving it to another.

TRENDING THREADS