• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floyd's of Leadville

Oct 16, 2010
Visit site
Slip of the tongue from Michael Rasmussen:

Michael Rasmussen ‏@MRasmussen1974 2 Std.Vor 2 Stunden
8 degrees and crazy winds on top of this little hill today. People were literally blowing off the road. #TDF2016

Apr 3, 2016
Visit site
I've got very mixed feelings about Landis, and I can't settle on an opinion. On the one hand, he took on Armstrong, and his postings as Grey Manrod were genius. His cannabis business just seems to fit so well. But on the other hand he seems just as ultimately dishonest and avaricious as the rest of them. What he has done has led to a good outcome, but I don't think his motivations were anything other than selfish.

Still want that world championships Floyd jersey though...

Jul 5, 2009
Visit site
My take on Floyd is that his story is one of caution, not aspiration. He cheated, lied and raced bikes to become a minor celebrity. In the end it nearly destroyed him and after many years it seems he's finally found contentment and a fairly positive outlet for his ambitions. He's got another chance to build a life and do it honestly. Good for him. I like his sense of humor and for that reason I wouldn't mind sitting down and having a beer with him if I ever get the chance. Do I trust him? No, I think he has a long way to go to gain the general public's trust. Maybe full redemption isn't going to happen and that just adds to his cautionary tale.

John Swanson

Reactions: 86TDFWinner
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

ScienceIsCool said:
My take on Floyd is that his story is one of caution, not aspiration. He cheated, lied and raced bikes to become a minor celebrity. In the end it nearly destroyed him and after many years it seems he's finally found contentment and a fairly positive outlet for his ambitions. He's got another chance to build a life and do it honestly. Good for him. I like his sense of humor and for that reason I wouldn't mind sitting down and having a beer with him if I ever get the chance. Do I trust him? No, I think he has a long way to go to gain the general public's trust. Maybe full redemption isn't going to happen and that just adds to his cautionary tale.

John Swanson

Point to someone in pro sport who doesn't! They are few.

I dont see Landis asking for any trust. He is doing his own thing. He sells legal drugs. So what, he could be selling shoes. He is not asking for anything he is offering a product to those who are interested and lots are.

I dont see Landis asking for redemption. He rode a bike for a living in an environment that meant in order to achieve some success or longevity he had to dope and partake in the culture of the sport. He is not responsible for that culture.

As for his raising money from folks to help fight his doping case, most of the donors as far as i am aware were mates of Armstrong/Wesiel who knew Landis doped.

Glad he has found something and hope he stays away from the sport.

Reactions: 86TDFWinner
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
From the article reporting on his new business venture ...

Landis’ company specializes in concentrated pre-filled vapor cartridges they say come “from high altitude growers using an industry-leading, pharmacy grade CO2 extraction process,

LOL, sounds like Dr Ferrari is his business partner.

GVFTA

BANNED
Eh, I thought sponsoring a team was a good use of his lawsuit money. Doing something positive for the sport and all that.

CBD as a sustainable business? not so certain.

Completely agree. He personally kept a team afloat for one year allowing time to search for sponsorship. Maybe he did it as a favor to Gord, maybe he did it because he felt guilty where the money came from, who knows, create your own story on that one. Bottom line is he did it and it was good for the sport.

Completely agree. He personally kept a team afloat for one year allowing time to search for sponsorship. Maybe he did it as a favor to Gord, maybe he did it because he felt guilty where the money came from, who knows, create your own story on that one. Bottom line is he did it and it was good for the sport.
I was not saying it was bad that he used the money for a cycling team. I just was pointing out that wish he could have gotten more money from the government and had more than one year.
My shot about CBD was just a joke. Something that is obviously not a word that is understood these days.

I was not saying it was bad that he used the money for a cycling team. I just was pointing out that wish he could have gotten more money from the government and had more than one year.
My shot about CBD was just a joke. Something that is obviously not a word that is understood these days.

Regarding CBD, I'd love to see some real double-blind trials on whether it actually works for anything that its proponent say it does. It kind of feels like snake oil right now, but I'm all for any effective remedies that arent ginned up in a pharmaceutical company's lab.

Reactions: GVFTA

maddistrong

BANNED
Feb 3, 2020
Visit site
Damn, this business will bring a lot of money because CBD now is developing very fast due to its efficiency. That is very good that people would use it and understand what it is exactly. For example, one study in rats found that CBD injections reduced pain response to surgical incision, while another rat study found that oral CBD treatment significantly reduced sciatic nerve pain and inflammation. I use it for last free months qualitative CBD oil tincture and it works great.

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS