• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Floydville 100

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
New Leadville 100 race qualifier system coming
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/new-leadville-100-race-qualifier-system-coming
The race annually attracts top road and mountain bike racers including riders like Lance Armstrong, Levi Leipheimer, Jeremy Horgan-Kobelski, Rebecca Rusch and Amanda Carey.

Uhhh...yeah. And one Floyd F-ing Landis! Who, if memory serves me right, raced the event before the two mellow-johnny-come-lately's, Levi and Lance.

landis-leadville-bike.jpg

Bloodied and battered, Floyd broke a course record and came in second to Dave Wiens in 2007.
Why does he get ignored in the CN article? Too hot a topic these days? :rolleyes:
(And don't tell me it's because he didn't win. LA came in 2nd in his first attempt as well)

But it also makes me wonder about Floyd's "conditioning" for that race. He claims to have been clean since 2006. He proved to be stronger than the rest of the field in that race (I'm still bummed that Lance backed out at the last minute), but it was hardly a sign of things to come, as we all know. What looked like the promising start to a succesful comeback, on a rebuilt hip, turned out to be...not so much.

Any thoughts (on his performance or his omission from the article)?

Oct 25, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:

Uhhh...yeah. And one Floyd F-ing Landis! Who, if memory serves me right, raced the event before the two mellow-johnny-come-lately's, Levi and Lance.

Bloodied and battered, Floyd broke a course record and came in second to Dave Wiens in 2007.
Why does he get ignored in the CN article? Too hot a topic these days? :rolleyes:
(And don't tell me it's because he didn't win. LA came in 2nd in his first attempt as well)

But it also makes me wonder about Floyd's "conditioning" for that race. He claims to have been clean since 2006. He proved to be stronger than the rest of the field in that race (I'm still bummed that Lance backed out at the last minute), but it was hardly a sign of things to come, as we all know. What looked like the promising start to a succesful comeback, on a rebuilt hip, turned out to be...not so much.

This is before he began "consulting" for Rock Racing. So who the hell knows?

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
Granville57 said:

My thoughts are that the omission of Landis is most likely due to one of the following:

1. It's a vast conspiracy by Lance Armstrong to keep Floyd down. The writers wanted to mention Landis badly, but Lance's entourage threatened them with not liking them anymore so they backed down.

2. It doesn't matter because no one cares.

I'll leave it to you to decide the most likely case... :rolleyes:

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Topangarider said:
Is it true that Tyler may race Leadville this year?

I hadn't heard anything about that. If AEG is running the event, I suspect there is less chance of that, although I don't know if Tyler's ban would apply to this race or not. The event already seems to be losing its inherent "charm" as it becomes more corporate and the organizers start exerting more influence over who rides it and who doesn't.

Does anyone know, definitively, if Tyler would even be allowed to race at Leadville?

TRENDING THREADS