• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

forum total war.

Page 2 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
mmm which to play rome, medieval or empire..

rome :) it's awesome.

you may need some "hacking" to use widescreen aspect ratio (if you have high res monitor) in a new machine.

drag the file "preferences.txt" to the desktop (permissions, if you use vista ou 7) and manually edit the resolution/aspect ratio (don't forget to turn on the option widescreen on the game itself)and then(after saving) drag it again to the preferences folder.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
c&cfan said:
rome :) it's awesome.

you may need some "hacking" to use widescreen aspect ratio (if you have high res monitor) in a new machine.

drag the file "preferences.txt" to the desktop (permissions, if you use vista ou 7) and manually edit the resolution/aspect ratio (don't forget to turn on the option widescreen on the game itself)and then(after saving) drag it again to the preferences folder.

never played rome.

I downloaded it today, however the urge is mefieval (has this on disk which I installed earlier today). This was probably my favorite. Remember getting my preist to become pope and announcing a crusade on my bitter enemies :D

Anyone remember how to slow the game down? (aka I remember changing a file making time pass by at a slower rate?)

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
Timmy-loves-Rabo said:
never played rome.

I downloaded it today, however the urge is mefieval (has this on disk which I installed earlier today). This was probably my favorite. Remember getting my preist to become pope and announcing a crusade on my bitter enemies :D

Anyone remember how to slow the game down? (aka I remember changing a file making time pass by at a slower rate?)

i never played medieval. what am i losing? hrotha says it's awesome..
is it that good? medieval total war is the name of it?1 or 2?

c&cfan said:
i never played medieval. what am i losing? hrotha says it's awesome..
is it that good? medieval total war is the name of it?1 or 2?
No, no, vanilla Medieval 2 Total War is kind of meh. I liked Rome better.

It's Medieval 2 + mods. Although Rome had gorgeous mods too, like Europa Barbarorum.

Medieval 1 had its charm but the battles were very hard to get into if you had played anything after Rome, and the trade system was broken.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
rome 2 is coming out sometime... i am not a big fan of that era though so i wont buy it, unless it has some major improvements over empire and shogun 2(its already a great game so it will take something special to make me buy this one)

i am hoping for an upgraded medieval after rome 2

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
No, no, vanilla Medieval 2 Total War is kind of meh. I liked Rome better.

It's Medieval 2 + mods. Although Rome had gorgeous mods too, like Europa Barbarorum.

Medieval 1 had its charm but the battles were very hard to get into if you had played anything after Rome, and the trade system was broken.

Rome has better mods simply because it's easier to make mods for than newer versions of Total War.

I fear for RTW 2 mods.

El Pistolero said:
Rome has better mods simply because it's easier to make mods for than newer versions of Total War.

I fear for RTW 2 mods.
Yes, I'm not sure why they kept making it harder and harder. But mods for Rome were also limited by the base game. That's why I enjoyed more MTW2+mods than Rome+mods.

I'm not sure proper modding is even possible with the last few games, but I vaguely remember reading they were trying to make the TW series more modder-friendly in the future.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
hrotha said:
Yes, I'm not sure why they kept making it harder and harder. But mods for Rome were also limited by the base game. That's why I enjoyed more MTW2+mods than Rome+mods.

I'm not sure proper modding is even possible with the last few games, but I vaguely remember reading they were trying to make the TW series more modder-friendly in the future.

I'll be buying it anyway. Looking forward to more unique city designs. I hope they have special designs for big cities like Carthago, Rome, Antioch, Alexandria, etc instead of the generic stuff they have now.

Haven't played any of the newer TW games because I'm not much of a fan of Shogun and Napoleon TW. Still stuck on the many mods of RTW. :eek: MTWII is my second favorite game of the series, but RTW community is more active, so I enjoy it more.

TRENDING THREADS