• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Four Corners on Lance Armstrong

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
As an aussie I am kinda proud that the national broadcaster seems to have put two really good pieces together about Armstrong. Just pretty straight down the line pieces

I just hope that they turn the focus inward a little and do a story about the Australian riders who must be suspect in ligh of the Armstrong revelations.

I am happy to give them a list of guys to have a look at :

Phil Anderson
Patrick Jonker
Stauart OGrady
Henk Vogels
Nathen ONeil
Robbie McEwen
Allen Davis

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
fatsprintking said:
As an aussie I am kinda proud that the national broadcaster seems to have put two really good pieces together about Armstrong. Just pretty straight down the line pieces

I just hope that they turn the focus inward a little and do a story about the Australian riders who must be suspect in ligh of the Armstrong revelations.

Phil Anderson
Patrick Jonker
Stauart OGrady
Henk Vogels
Nathen ONeil
Robbie McEwen
Allen Davis

Agree completely.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
fatsprintking said:

Phil Anderson
Patrick Jonker
Stauart OGrady
Henk Vogels
Nathen ONeil
Robbie McEwen
Allen Davis

Allan Davis has been linked to doping before, no doubt he has been involved in my mind.

There is absolutely no way, in my opinion, Patrick Jonker rode to 12th in the 1996 tour clean. It just is not believable.

Stuart O'Grady, truly a hard man of the sport with excellent achievements, but, as much as I do not like saying it, I find it hard to think he did all that he has done clean. I hope I am wrong in my suspicions but I am not too hopeful. Living in O'Grady's hometown of Adelaide it would be a huge shock to the city of Adelaide if it is proven or he confesses to doping. Perhaps the end of the TDU.

fatsprintking said:

Phil Anderson
Patrick Jonker
Stauart OGrady
Henk Vogels
Nathen ONeil
Robbie McEwen
Allen Davis

Add Neil Stephens, Michael Rogers to that list.

Mar 19, 2009
Visit site
fatsprintking said:

Phil Anderson
Patrick Jonker
Stauart OGrady
Henk Vogels
Nathen ONeil
Robbie McEwen
Allen Davis

GotDropped said:
Add Neil Stephens, Michael Rogers to that list.

i think O'Grady is clean. his wins on the track don't match up with his road career. If he was on the gear I'd expect more wins.

Robbie is another I think is clean. I take him to be a very straight shooter and in his book he openly talks about the 2speed peloton. He and LA didn't get along too well coz he called others out (during races too)

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
peterst6906 said:
And Graeme Brown from amongst current riders.

Plus Sean Eadie (currently elite level coaching in the AIS program) and Shane Kelly.

I guess any Rabobank rider has to have some question marks about them at the moment as well so Brown is well worth a big long look at.

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Mad Elephant Man said:
I guess any Rabobank rider has to have some question marks about them at the moment as well so Brown is well worth a big long look at.

I was thinking more of the Mark French drug scandal a few years back, but team history is also against him.

"I couldn't do it, this guy had a horrible reputation... I was worried about my reputation. There's no way I wanted to be any association with Ferrari. In my eyes, as soon as you're associated with Ferrari, you're associated as a rider that doped".

This is Andreu talking back to 1999/2000, luckily Australians only get training plans from him.

Jun 10, 2009
Visit site
Just watched it on iView... Lots of snippets from the Oprah program, interviews of the Andreus, LeMond, Tygart, Ashenden, O'Reilly, but nothing new for anyone who has been following things here in the clinic. Hardly groundbreaking.

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Ferminal said:
"I couldn't do it, this guy had a horrible reputation... I was worried about my reputation. There's no way I wanted to be any association with Ferrari. In my eyes, as soon as you're associated with Ferrari, you're associated as a rider that doped".

This is Andreu talking back to 1999/2000, luckily Australians only get training plans from him.

It is hard to believe any cyclist would believe anybody would believe that they went to Ferrari for any other reason but to dope.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
dsut4392 said:
Just watched it on iView... Lots of snippets from the Oprah program, interviews of the Andreus, LeMond, Tygart, Ashenden, O'Reilly, but nothing new for anyone who has been following things here in the clinic. Hardly groundbreaking.

That is true for clinic readers and moderately well-informed cyclists, however, the average Four Corners-well-informed news purveyor has never been exposed to this extent of LA's shenanigans. I'm still coming to terms with the fact that Lance Armstrong is now a byword for cheat, liar, bully and disgraced. This report really drove that point home and was unfathomable during Lance mania 2.0 in 2009.

The highlight for me was Emma O'Reilly, [in Lance's world] It was OK for him to lie about me and vilify me, but me telling the truth about him was not OK.'

It was good to see Quentin McDermott asking why Lance wasn't fully honest in the Oprah interview. It was a little disappointing not to see it pointed out that Lance couldn't even abide by the terms he set at the start for a 'no-holds-barred' interview with 'nothing off the table', yet there was so much he wouldn't talk about: re the Andeau's 'I laying down on that one.'

The guy is irredeemable. His T&R posturing is more sideshow antics. Now he needs to be freezed out, never to thaw again in the world of sports.

Feb 16, 2011
Visit site
Carols said:
geo restricted for me :(

Don't worry - the first report was syndicated in the US, so I'm sure this will be, too. Like dsut said, not a whole lot of new stuff, just some analysis of the Oprah stunt. Lots of Betsy, getting a bit of a crush on her - I like fiery Balkan gals.

TRENDING THREADS