• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Fox News

Page 8 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Glenn_Wilson said:
those two seem to run together all the time.

Well, even if that is true. I'd still be interestend in how you'd define the terms.
What are their exact meanings in your oppinion?

Alpe d'Huez said:
Depends on where you stand. If you're that far to the left, you would define it as someone like members of ELF, or ALF. Lawbreakers, irrationalists.

If you're viewing from the right, it's anyone from John Lennon on.

Would that apply to the Freak or to the Hippie part?

A

Anonymous

VeloCity said:
If by "interpretation" you mean "putting words in people's mouths" - "This is what they REALLY mean when they say..." - then yeah, good job. You even took it a step further by basing it on stereotypes: "this is what they REALLY mean when they say, because this is what lefties REALLY believe...". I'm guessing that Schoen probably did the same thing.

Sure. It's essentially meaningless. For one, it's a ridiculously small sample size - 200 people - and conducted at only one location. Somehow that's supposed to represent the views of a movement involving tens of thousands of people in numerous cities all over the globe. To use it as maybe an indicator, fine. But Schoen used it as the basis for a WSJ Opinion piece on what the entire OWS movement is about and what it's participants believe. That's absurd. You'd need a hell of a lot more data first. (And to be fair, it's the same complaint that a lot of tea party supporters had about early polls purporting to demonstrate what the tea party movement was all about, although otoh OWS/99% whatever you want to call it is becoming an international movement - participants in other countries may have entirely different ideas of what OWS is all about than do American participants - whereas the tea party is national.)

But Schoen probably wasn't interested in actually finding out what the OWS is really all about as he was in finding ammunition to write a hit piece in the WSJ. Does it not strike you as a bit odd that he doesn't have one positive thing to say about OWS in that entire piece?

If by "interpretation" you mean "putting words in people's mouths" - "This is what they REALLY mean when they say..." - then yeah, good job. You even took it a step further by basing it on stereotypes: "this is what they REALLY mean when they say, because this is what lefties REALLY believe...". I'm guessing that Schoen probably did the same thing.

Schoen's being conducting polls for a long time. I'm guessing he has an ability to read his own tea leaves. If you think he's out to lunch then that's your prerogative.

I'm willing to bet he doesn't care what you think.

To use it as maybe an indicator, fine.

What is the purpose of any poll?

But Schoen probably wasn't interested in actually finding out what the OWS is really all about as he was in finding ammunition to write a hit piece in the WSJ. Does it not strike you as a bit odd that he doesn't have one positive thing to say about OWS in that entire piece?

I don't pretend to know his motives. Maybe he likes controversy. Maybe, like many other democrats, he is tiring of the far left and this is his bias way to shape opinion. I really don't know.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
Wow I think you crossed line with that sister comment. First my sister would never have called you a hippie freak; she might kick you out of her store for being an obnoxious customer but never for your appearance or politics. She is a registered Demo.:rolleyes:

You cannot read can you? Did you notice who posted the Hippie Freak?

How about you and the ampsterhammer have a FoxNews viewing party? You guys know more about FoxNews than "Scott in So CALL" who admits that he knows some of the content shown on that network.

The stores I go to all the obnoxious customers are always republican csrs or r'ettes..I am sure the store owners see them coming or smell that jack daniels/vomit/breath that follows them from their crew cabs with the W04 stickers still on them as they mumble meggadittos and come in to complain about life not treating them extra special.

Sep 10, 2009
Visit site
Scott SoCal said:
Schoen's being conducting polls for a long time. I'm guessing he has an ability to read his own tea leaves.
Obviously he doesn't. Or more accurately, obviously he reads his own tea leaves in a way that will back up his preconceptions.

I'm willing to bet he doesn't care what you think.
Going to lose some sleep over that one. Oh wait, no.

What is the purpose of any poll?
Meant that it might be useful as a starting point for future research. As it is, it's nowhere near vigorous enough to use as the basis for conclusions. Didn't stop Schoen, though.

I don't pretend to know his motives. Maybe he likes controversy.
Then he can't be trusted. Which would be equally true if he were on the left (and there are pollsters on the left who can't be trusted either).

Maybe, like many other democrats, he is tiring of the far left and this is his bias way to shape opinion.
I think you're projecting there a bit - I'd imagine there's plenty of rational Republicans who are getting pretty tired of the tea partiers hijacking their party.

btw what do you call them? RINOs? He's the Democratic equivalent, a DINO.

A

Anonymous

usedtobefast said:
i am a patchouli smelling hippie freak, and glad to be. OWS is a serious
movement,and growing.

Yes. They will fight tooth and nail to get what they want.

What was that they want again?:D

Time for a brew.......

Scott SoCal said:
Yes. They will fight tooth and nail to get what they want.

What was that they want again?:D

Time for a brew.......

the problem is people are projecting some kind kind of expectation on this movement,or...want to. i think 99% are fed up with the status quo, after that
things are being talked about as to what are the goals. there are many,but more of the same is not one of them.

oh, and you're buying this time!

May 23, 2010
Visit site
I watched fox a little today.. Joe Biden said murder, rape and robbery would rise if more police jobs were eliminated.. Fox framed it that Biden was promoting rape.. Like people should go rape to spite republicans if new police jobs weren't created. They had some "drunk tank" spokesmodel/arguemaster on to say using the word "rape" put women in harm's way and there were plenty of union cops around but they didn't protect women from rape due to a FAILURE OF GOVERNMENT.

May 13, 2009
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
READ THIS:

So if anyone has anything else to specifically say on Fox, say it now, before I close the thread and re-direct everyone to the General Politics thread.

You mean beside that Fox News sucks donkeyballs? Although it sometimes has its entertaining moments. But you can usually catch them in the Daily Show or the Colbert Report.

Jun 22, 2009
Visit site
Maroon 5's Adam Levine goes to war with 'evil' Fox News

Singer demands the broadcaster to stop playing his music, prompting reprisals from the Murdoch channel

Sean Michaels
guardian.co.uk, Friday 21 October 2011 11.30 BST

Maroon 5's Adam Levine has entered a war of words with US broadcaster Fox News, which has been using the band's songs as background music. Levine described Fox as an "evil ****ing channel", prompting Fox to question Levine's right to describe his work as "music".

"Dear Fox News," Levine tweeted. "Don't play our music on your evil ****ing channel ever again. Thank you." It's unclear what set the singer off. Although he's a host on the talent show The Voice, on rival network NBC, Maroon 5 songs such as This Love and She Will Be Loved have soundtracked a thousand TV montages.

Fox supporters and pundits were quick paint Levine's remarks as a liberal smear. Writing on her popular blog, the Fox contributor and conservative journaist Michelle Malkin referred to the tweet as "bigotry". "[It's] irrational, self-defeating, blanket hatred," she said.

Greg Gutfeld and Adam Levy, hosts of Red Eye on Fox News, seemed even more offended. "Fun joke: why did Maroon 5 cross the road? Because crappy music is legal there," Gutfeld tweeted. Levy compared Maroon 5's work to the CIA's "enhanced interrogation techniques". Shortly after, while recording Red Eye, they deliberately played a clip from Maroon 5's Sunday Morning. "If you go to iTunes and search under the category called crap, that comes up!" Gutfeld said.

:D

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Rechtschreibfehler said:
Well, even if that is true. I'd still be interestend in how you'd define the terms.
What are their exact meanings in your oppinion?

Would that apply to the Freak or to the Hippie part?

One more F-ing time I will say that I did not post the Hippie Freak comments.

Maybe you would like to read a few posts before trying to gather some type of definition from me.

FoxNews only exist to keep the far left up all night blogging. :D

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
One more F-ing time I will say that I did not post the Hippie Freak comments.

Maybe you would like to read a few posts before trying to gather some type of definition from me.

FoxNews only exist to keep the far left up all night blogging. :D

It was your sister??

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
redtreviso said:
It was your sister??

Is my sister Race Radio? Wow you really want to talk about someones sister? Are you in the 3rd or 4th grade hanging out at the teachers PC?

Hey FoxNews is on You need to hurry and catch up on all the latest happs.

May 23, 2010
Visit site
Glenn_Wilson said:
Is my sister Race Radio? Wow you really want to talk about someones sister? Are you in the 3rd or 4th grade hanging out at the teachers PC?

Hey FoxNews is on You need to hurry and catch up on all the latest happs.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apostrophe

307780_275656472465622_174612345903369_871626_1951316291_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.