• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Frank and Fuentes

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Now the Vuelta is under way, do you think Frank Schleck's gynaecologist,
Senor Fuentes, will be calling round at the Saxo Bank team bus with some
more 'Training Plans?'

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Signor Corleone said:
Now the Vuelta is under way, do you think Frank Schleck's gynaecologist,
Senor Fuentes, will be calling round at the Saxo Bank team bus with some
more 'Training Plans?'
No my Franke would never, never do that. Not my Franke.

la.margna said:
Fränk, not Frank please thanks. Discussed in more than one thread since operación puerto.
Lance gets discussed a lot. Doesnt matter that there have been previous threads. Same with Valverde. Same with athletics, association football and baseball which appear on this forum a few times. We can discuss Frank again, especially since its topical with him looking for a vuelta title.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Signor Corleone

theswordsman said:
Could you please use a subject title for threads so people know if they want to click or not? Cheers

Sorry,I'm still quite new to the computing game, but as a multi stroke victim
who can only look at my bikes,with my brain not always working as it should,
I'm sure you can forgive me this time, or maybe I should stop contributing?

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Signor Corleone said:

Sorry about your physical issues. *** edited by mod ****

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
Signor Corleone said:
Keep posting. It's good therapy. I too can only look at my bikes since my injury. I hope you are involved in some type of recovery therapy. Best of luck to you.

May 18, 2009
Visit site
krebs303 said:
Keep posting. It's good therapy. I too can only look at my bikes since my injury. I hope you are involved in some type of recovery therapy. Best of luck to you.

I agree Krebs he should keep posting except for that chip on his shoulder.

Mar 16, 2009
ellobodelmar.spaces.live.com
ChrisE said:
I agree Krebs if it wasn't for that chip on his shoulder.
Chris people deal with adversity many different ways when the life they have known has been taken away from them.
I was studying adaptive physical education in college. And worked with people with physical and mental issues. And they tend to cycle through the 7 stages of grief.
Shock stage: Initial paralysis at hearing the bad news.
Denial stage: Trying to avoid the inevitable.
Anger stage: Frustrated outpouring of bottled-up emotion.
Bargaining stage: Seeking in vain for a way out.
Depression stage: Final realization of the inevitable.
Testing stage: Seeking realistic solutions.
Acceptance stage: Finally finding the way forward.
I struggle everyday

May 3, 2010
Visit site
Signor Corleone

krebs303 said:
Chris people deal with adversity many different ways when the life they have known has been taken away from them.
I was studying adaptive physical education in college. And worked with people with physical and mental issues. And they tend to cycle through the 7 stages of grief.
Shock stage: Initial paralysis at hearing the bad news.
Denial stage: Trying to avoid the inevitable.
Anger stage: Frustrated outpouring of bottled-up emotion.
Bargaining stage: Seeking in vain for a way out.
Depression stage: Final realization of the inevitable.
Testing stage: Seeking realistic solutions.
Acceptance stage: Finally finding the way forward.
I struggle everyday

Every word you write is true. Most people haven't a clue unless they've experienced it.

flicker

BANNED
Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
Signor Corleone said:
Every word you write is true. Most people haven't a clue unless they've experienced it.

I just keep flucuating between the shock stage and the denial stage with my Lord Armstrong! I caint move foward

May 18, 2009
Visit site
Signor Corleone said:

I'm still trying to figure out what Kreb's post has to do with your asking if you should stop posting or not when somebody says not to start threads titled with your username. :confused:

I am quite familiar with what Krebs posted. FYI I have a fusion between my first and second vertebrae from a car wreck in 1987 and 2 ruptured disks in C5 and C6 from a wreck in a crit in 1996, and stopped racing in 2000 because I couldn't handle the intense pain any longer. My quality of life suffers every day due to the neck/back pain I go thru and I am avoiding another surgery as long as possible, but even after that I still will never ride or race again. I sold my bikes long ago and I hate that I can't ride. My income and personal life now are such where I could go ride the Alps and Pyrenees if I could...something I always wanted to do but couldn't in my earlier life due to various issues. I would be racing Masters. You know what that feeling is like.

Again I am sorry for what you and Krebs are going thru. Mods, sorry for OT post. Later.

May 3, 2010
Visit site
ChrisE said:
I'm still trying to figure out what Kreb's post has to do with your asking if you should stop posting or not when somebody says not to start threads titled with your username. :confused:

I am quite familiar with what Krebs posted. FYI I have a fusion between my first and second vertebrae from a car wreck in 1987 and 2 ruptured disks in C5 and C6 from a wreck in a crit in 1996, and stopped racing in 2000 because I couldn't handle the intense pain any longer. My quality of life suffers every day due to the neck/back pain I go thru and I am avoiding another surgery as long as possible, but even after that I still will never ride or race again. I sold my bikes long ago and I hate that I can't ride. My income and personal life now are such where I could go ride the Alps and Pyrenees if I could...something I always wanted to do but couldn't in my earlier life due to various issues. I would be racing Masters. You know what that feeling is like.

Again I am sorry for what you and Krebs are going thru. Mods, sorry for OT post. Later.

It wasn't Kreb's post if you care to look, it was The Swordsman!
I'm also familiar with what you are going through, as I too was in a car crash in1976, which left me
in a cervical collar and a plaster body cast for months. All these years later I still have to visit an
Osteopath weekly.
Also I"m sorry you had to sell your bikes, it's a tragedy. I suppose I should sell mine but I still like
looking at them and recalling happier times. Yet again, kind regards to you.

Andrichuk said:
I tried to hijack the thread but no one was having any of it. Hamburgers are second rate on this forum i guess....I'll have to take my love some where else.

Go start a burger thread. :p Favorite is buffalo wing sauce rolled into the meat. Do on grill (toast bun, too). Pull off, cover with blue cheese. Pickle on the side. Pure bliss.

I'm out of here (before I get moderated again :))

TRENDING THREADS