• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1143 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
rick james said:
King Boonen said:
Parker said:
Notice how he's not touching anyone here

DXrN_CEWkAMRGxK.jpg

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic..?

I'm not sure if you're blind...? :cool:

Lets put it this way. There's clearly four hands in that stack, unless Nibali and Sagan have trapped a load of chipolatas between their mitts.

Re: Re:

King Boonen said:
rick james said:
Big tom isn't touching hands

Yeah, the other four are. We're talking about Froome aren't we? Or have I got confused?

Someone said that Tom didn't shake Froome's hand.
Someone replied to that saying Tom is sick and doesn't want to infect anyone so posted the picture of Tom not putting his hand in with the other 4 showing he isn't trying to get anyone sick.

Re:

macbindle said:
It's a funny one, isn't it, when other riders are brought into the equation.

I think it was Red Flanders who said that we only know about the 3 substances Sky have used, and we don't know what else they are using. What he meant is that he feels Sky are using something else as well. I agree with that sentiment, but I think it is only fair to extend the logic to other riders and other teams. We don't know what they are doing. We don't know if there are other big riders with an AAF, we don't know if there are other riders who have abused the TUE system. We don't know if they are using something undetectable. Red Flanders said that most dope positives are evadable, so therefore are we saying that other teams occupy such a moral high ground that they choose not to exploit advantages?

Really???

Put your moral outrage into perspective, guys.

I think Wiggins is really angry. I think he's really angry in the way that Landis was angry after 2006. He knows that the double-talk that is going on.

I'm certainly not saying that. But as has been pointed out 14 million times on this forum, other teams haven't based their entire brand on "clean, transparent, and winning through greater attention to detail and more innovative training than anyone else ever". As such, they and those who swallowed this nonsense are getting their fair share of blowback (probably not near their fair share but oh well), based less on Sky's doping but on Sky having put themselves on a high horse and crowing about how they're smarter than everyone else.

I see relatively little moral outrage here (yeah, we all wish it were clean) and a whole lot of people enjoying some small level of comeuppance.

bambino said:
Of course the other teams and riders are propably using similar methods than Sky.

The difference is that no other team is preaching for nine years to be the saviours of the clean cycling with the highest moral ethics applied including zero tolerance. And then be stupid enough to get caught or handle the matters in the way to invoke nation wide investigation for doping in sports - and evetually playing "we were stupid and sloppy" card in the investigations.

And on top of that of course they've been winning the most precious race for 5 times out of last 6 time it was raced - by a mile against inevitably doped opponents - among all the other success. And they don't actually hold back the fact that they have most money in the sports to spend. The contradiction of their behaviour vs. the reality laid in front of eyes recently is the core reasons why Sky is under immense scrutiny - they've created their public mess all by themselves. I wouldn't call that double standard if the situation is self deployed - not to mention is looks very systematic compared to single EPO bust of individual rider.

Sorry, hadn't seen this when I responded. All well put.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Parker said:
El Pistolero said:
I'd love to see Froome ride the Tour. It will break him mentally. He's easily the most reviled cyclist since Armstrong now.
What a nasty piece of work you are.

Says the guy defending a cheater.

Froome has to face the consequences of his actions.

I'm tired of people like him destroying this sport. He shouldn't be racing now and he knows it. He and he alone is responsible for his actions and the consequences those actions bring with them. I'm tired of cheaters getting away with it. Even if he gets banned he'll still be a millionaire while many talented and clean cyclists will never get their chance to shine because of people like Froome. He's a terrible role model as he is living proof that bad behaviour gets rewarded, even if you get caught.

El Pistolero said:
Parker said:
El Pistolero said:
I'd love to see Froome ride the Tour. It will break him mentally. He's easily the most reviled cyclist since Armstrong now.

I'm tired of people like him destroying this sport. He shouldn't be racing now and he knows it. He and he alone is responsible for his actions and the consequences. I'm tired of cheaters getting away with it. Even if he gets banned he'll still be a millionaire while many talented and clean cyclists will never get their chance to shine because of people like Froome.

Alberto too. the same. he cheated, he made millions. Froome cheated and made millions. and he might be banned.

El Pistolero said:
Parker said:
El Pistolero said:

I'm tired of people like him destroying this sport. He shouldn't be racing now and he knows it. He and he alone is responsible for his actions and the consequences. I'm tired of cheaters getting away with it. Even if he gets banned he'll still be a millionaire while many talented and clean cyclists will never get their chance to shine because of people like Froome.
You are willing for someone to have a mental breakdown. Apparently for your entertainment. You're a worse person that any doper.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

pastronef said:
El Pistolero said:
Parker said:
El Pistolero said:

Alberto too. the same. he cheated, he made millions. Froome cheated and made millions. and he might be banned.

Of course, everyone should be treated the same. I would vote "yes" on the rule to permanently ban athletes with doping offenses. Contador is an entertaining rider, but he's an easy sacrifice to make for a clean sport.

El Pistolero said:
Parker said:
El Pistolero said:

I'm tired of people like him destroying this sport. He shouldn't be racing now and he knows it. He and he alone is responsible for his actions and the consequences those actions bring with them. I'm tired of cheaters getting away with it. Even if he gets banned he'll still be a millionaire while many talented and clean cyclists will never get their chance to shine because of people like Froome. He's a terrible role model as he is living proof that bad behaviour gets rewarded, even if you get caught.

@Red Flanders

See the bolded above, in relation to your point that it is all about hypocrisy. It clearly isn't.

Re:

El Pistolero said:

it comes with success. They have further to fall. Dopers that win are always more maligned than dopers that don't win. The big question is will Sky exist next year ? Astana not in good shape, BMC looking for sponsors, another scandal is not going to help pro cycling much at the moment.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Parker said:
El Pistolero said:
Parker said:
El Pistolero said:

You are willing for someone to have a mental breakdown. Apparently for your entertainment. You're a worse person that any doper.

Not for my entertainment, but for justice. Like I said, he shouldn't be riding the Tour, but if he does decide to start he will be responsible for his own actions. He's going to get booed, he's going to get insulted and he will jeopardize the safety of his team-mates and himself. That's ALL on him.

Froome will put a cross-mark on his team during the Tour and he will be responsible if anything happens to them. If Froome was a decent human being he would not start, but we all know he isn't.

Stealing rabbits of little kids to feed to his pet snake. That's the kind of guy Froome is and always has been.

There's no reason why a pharmacokinetic study should take this long. He's consciously delaying his case just so he can ride the Giro and Tour to feed his own ego (and wallet).

El Pistolero said:
Not for my entertainment, but for justice. Like I said, he shouldn't be riding the Tour, but if he does decide to start he will be responsible for his own actions. He's going to get booed, he's going to get insulted and he will jeopardize the safety of his team-mates and himself. That's ALL on him.

Froome will put a cross-mark on his team during the Tour and he will be responsible if anything happens to them. If Froome was a decent human being he would not start, but we all know he isn't.
So now we add victim blaming to your unpleasant traits.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Parker said:
El Pistolero said:

Froome is not a victim. The victims in this case would be Froome's team-mates because their safety is at risk because of Froome.

All of this can be solved if Froome does the ethical thing and not race until his case has closed. And that's why I say that Froome is responsible for his own actions.

Froome shouldn't go the Tour, just like Trump shouldn't visit Jerusalem. It only adds oil to the fire. Sadly we're dealing with two bad people.

We know from past Tours that the fans will not react well to Team Sky's presence, but now it will be ten times worse because of Froome's positive test. Froome knows all this yet he still decides to start. What does that say about him?

El Pistolero said:
Parker said:
El Pistolero said:

Froome is not a victim. The victims in this case would be Froome's team-mates because their safety is at risk because of Froome.

All of this can be solved if Froome does the ethical thing and not race until his case has closed. And that's why I say that Froome is responsible for his own actions.

Froome shouldn't go the Tour, just like Trump shouldn't visit Jerusalem. It only adds oil to the fire. Sadly we're dealing with two bad people.
If their safety is at risk then that is the fault of those doing the threatening. Nobody else. But you seem to think it's justified. Like I said - Nasty piece of work.

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Parker said:
El Pistolero said:
Parker said:
El Pistolero said:

If their safety is at risk then that is the fault of those doing the threatening. Nobody else. But you seem to think it's justified. Like I said - Nasty piece of work.

So when Trump declares Jerusalem the official capital of Israel, and this causes riots in the Middle East, then Trump is not responsible for the violence this caused? I'm sorry, but that is not a good way of thinking.

More than one person or group can be at fault, for different reasons.

macbindle said:
El Pistolero said:
Parker said:
El Pistolero said:

@Red Flanders

See the bolded above, in relation to your point that it is all about hypocrisy. It clearly isn't.

I’m sure I didn’t say “all”. My remarks in the context they were made cannot be put in the service of supporting or criticizing the bolded.

TRENDING THREADS