Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1160 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
pastronef said:
Cycle Chic said:
https://twitter.com/damienhef/status/972975802575933443

This video is so cringeworthy it’s funny. The two most forced coughs you’ll ever see. If this is the best his PR team can come up with.**** the Hypocrisy added,

The coughs are from the ridiculous amount of asthma inhalations he's taking....not a nervous rehearsed cough...he coughs as soon as he gets over the finish line so its not rehearsed.
Andalucia coughing after the effort last month (not interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcLwh2nGbGI

TDF 2008 coughing aftre the TT effort (interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=265&v=NttM0p8Q_yU
There was a time when Ullrich’s stomach was the hot pre-season talk. Now Froome’s cough :cool:
 
pastronef said:
Cycle Chic said:
https://twitter.com/damienhef/status/972975802575933443

This video is so cringeworthy it’s funny. The two most forced coughs you’ll ever see. If this is the best his PR team can come up with.**** the Hypocrisy added,

The coughs are from the ridiculous amount of asthma inhalations he's taking....not a nervous rehearsed cough...he coughs as soon as he gets over the finish line so its not rehearsed.
Andalucia coughing after the effort last month (not interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcLwh2nGbGI

TDF 2008 coughing aftre the TT effort (interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=265&v=NttM0p8Q_yU
I have video of myself coughing after a criterium. I must have asthma. Come on folks.
 
red_flanders said:
pastronef said:
Cycle Chic said:
https://twitter.com/damienhef/status/972975802575933443

This video is so cringeworthy it’s funny. The two most forced coughs you’ll ever see. If this is the best his PR team can come up with.**** the Hypocrisy added,

The coughs are from the ridiculous amount of asthma inhalations he's taking....not a nervous rehearsed cough...he coughs as soon as he gets over the finish line so its not rehearsed.
Andalucia coughing after the effort last month (not interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcLwh2nGbGI

TDF 2008 coughing aftre the TT effort (interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=265&v=NttM0p8Q_yU
I have video of myself coughing after a criterium. I must have asthma. Come on folks.
I was replying to people talking of "fake coughing" during the Tirreno interview. I posted him coughing after Andalucia and in TDF 2008. that does not mean he has asthma, but calling it "fake coughing" :lol:
I cough too after a strong and long effort.
 
Feb 5, 2018
270
0
0
pastronef said:
red_flanders said:
pastronef said:
Cycle Chic said:
https://twitter.com/damienhef/status/972975802575933443

This video is so cringeworthy it’s funny. The two most forced coughs you’ll ever see. If this is the best his PR team can come up with.**** the Hypocrisy added,

The coughs are from the ridiculous amount of asthma inhalations he's taking....not a nervous rehearsed cough...he coughs as soon as he gets over the finish line so its not rehearsed.
Andalucia coughing after the effort last month (not interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcLwh2nGbGI

TDF 2008 coughing aftre the TT effort (interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=265&v=NttM0p8Q_yU
I have video of myself coughing after a criterium. I must have asthma. Come on folks.
I was replying to people talking of "fake coughing" during the Tirreno interview. I posted him coughing after Andalucia and in TDF 2008. that does not mean he has asthma, but calling it "fake coughing" :lol:
I cough too after a strong and long effort.
me too and i dont have asthma either! i would say many people would have similar brief bouts of coughing after a hard effort; i dont know if he was faking the coughing or not, either way its no proof of an illness
 
pastronef said:
red_flanders said:
pastronef said:
Cycle Chic said:
https://twitter.com/damienhef/status/972975802575933443

This video is so cringeworthy it’s funny. The two most forced coughs you’ll ever see. If this is the best his PR team can come up with.**** the Hypocrisy added,

The coughs are from the ridiculous amount of asthma inhalations he's taking....not a nervous rehearsed cough...he coughs as soon as he gets over the finish line so its not rehearsed.
Andalucia coughing after the effort last month (not interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcLwh2nGbGI

TDF 2008 coughing aftre the TT effort (interviewed) https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=265&v=NttM0p8Q_yU
I have video of myself coughing after a criterium. I must have asthma. Come on folks.
I was replying to people talking of "fake coughing" during the Tirreno interview. I posted him coughing after Andalucia and in TDF 2008. that does not mean he has asthma, but calling it "fake coughing" :lol:
I cough too after a strong and long effort.
Fair enough! Cheers.
 
Sep 26, 2009
2,840
0
0
We dont see other riders coughing the way Froome does after every stage. If it was normal Froome wouldnt stand out.
 
Re:

macbindle said:
Maybe he actually had a cough. Ive got one at the moment too :rolleyes:

Look, I'm certain Froome is the dodgiest rider out there, but this is getting silly.
Look into his eyes ... not around his eyes .... but look into his eyes ... when he coughs.
Hmmmmm .... fake cough if I ever saw one.
Non asthmatic. Next!
The doctor is in. :geek:
 
Re: Re:

Alpe73 said:
macbindle said:
Maybe he actually had a cough. Ive got one at the moment too :rolleyes:

Look, I'm certain Froome is the dodgiest rider out there, but this is getting silly.
Look into his eyes ... not around his eyes .... but look into his eyes ... when he coughs.
Hmmmmm .... fake cough if I ever saw one.
Non asthmatic. Next!
The doctor is in. :geek:
Brailsfrawd only has to look into people's eyes to tell if they're telling the truth or not, so perhaps you are on to something.
 
Mar 18, 2015
181
0
0
I have come to wonder if Froome already had a deal with the UCI/WADA before his AAF was leaked. Not sure if this has been discussed.

Anyone else who think that could be a possibility ?
 
Re:

danielovichdk2 said:
I have come to wonder if Froome already had a deal with the UCI/WADA before his AAF was leaked. Not sure if this has been discussed.

Anyone else who think that could be a possibility ?
I mean for what we know about te UCI, everything is possible. But now that it's known to the public, they can't just pretend that nothing happened... :D
 
Jul 13, 2009
504
0
0
Re:

macbindle said:
Maybe he actually had a cough. Ive got one at the moment too :rolleyes:

Look, I'm certain Froome is the dodgiest rider out there, but this is getting silly.
Bet it doesn't sound as clear and open throated as his though. My COPD coughs are very throaty and rasping
 
Re:

danielovichdk2 said:
I have come to wonder if Froome already had a deal with the UCI/WADA before his AAF was leaked. Not sure if this has been discussed.

Anyone else who thinks that could be a possibility ?
Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility
http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/3933/lance-armstrong-on-froome-case-something-is-not-right-about-the-way-this-unfolded

'Who benefits from whatever is going on here, because 100% there is some sort of political agenda that’s getting played out, and Chris Froome and Sky, and for that matter all the other teams and all the other riders, all the mechanics, the cooks, the secretary that works in the office and sends people the paperwork, they are all getting thrown under the bus by this political agenda.'

Corrupt deal with Cookson for the UCI to make the AAF 'disappear', then shock loss of Cookson to Lappartient in the UCI election, no one left to cover it up, somebody within Sky with a "political agenda" goes to Le Monde and The Guardian newspapers

Or it could all be a coincidence and conspiracy theory by Lance ;)
 
Re: Re:

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
danielovichdk2 said:
I have come to wonder if Froome already had a deal with the UCI/WADA before his AAF was leaked. Not sure if this has been discussed.

Anyone else who thinks that could be a possibility ?
Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility
http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/3933/lance-armstrong-on-froome-case-something-is-not-right-about-the-way-this-unfolded

'Who benefits from whatever is going on here, because 100% there is some sort of political agenda that’s getting played out, and Chris Froome and Sky, and for that matter all the other teams and all the other riders, all the mechanics, the cooks, the secretary that works in the office and sends people the paperwork, they are all getting thrown under the bus by this political agenda.'

Corrupt deal with Cookson for the UCI to make the AAF 'disappear', then shock loss of Cookson to Lappartient in the UCI election, no one left to cover it up, somebody within Sky with a "political agenda" goes to Le Monde and The Guardian newspapers

Or it could all be a coincidence and conspiracy theory by Lance ;)
Hey CL. Can you please point to the part/sections that supports your notion that "Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility" ... that Froome 'had a deal with' UCI/WADA re his AAF.

Thanks in advance.
 
Aug 3, 2010
843
0
0
Re: Re:

Alpe73 said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
danielovichdk2 said:
I have come to wonder if Froome already had a deal with the UCI/WADA before his AAF was leaked. Not sure if this has been discussed.

Anyone else who thinks that could be a possibility ?
Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility
http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/3933/lance-armstrong-on-froome-case-something-is-not-right-about-the-way-this-unfolded

'Who benefits from whatever is going on here, because 100% there is some sort of political agenda that’s getting played out, and Chris Froome and Sky, and for that matter all the other teams and all the other riders, all the mechanics, the cooks, the secretary that works in the office and sends people the paperwork, they are all getting thrown under the bus by this political agenda.'

Corrupt deal with Cookson for the UCI to make the AAF 'disappear', then shock loss of Cookson to Lappartient in the UCI election, no one left to cover it up, somebody within Sky with a "political agenda" goes to Le Monde and The Guardian newspapers

Or it could all be a coincidence and conspiracy theory by Lance ;)
Hey CL. Can you please point to the part/sections that supports your notion that "Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility" ... that Froome 'had a deal with' UCI/WADA re his AAF.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Alpe. Yeah we get it. Once again, someone's interpretation of words is incorrect and you know all. It has gotten pretty old long ago.
 
Re: Re:

spetsa said:
Alpe73 said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
danielovichdk2 said:
I have come to wonder if Froome already had a deal with the UCI/WADA before his AAF was leaked. Not sure if this has been discussed.

Anyone else who thinks that could be a possibility ?
Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility
http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/3933/lance-armstrong-on-froome-case-something-is-not-right-about-the-way-this-unfolded

'Who benefits from whatever is going on here, because 100% there is some sort of political agenda that’s getting played out, and Chris Froome and Sky, and for that matter all the other teams and all the other riders, all the mechanics, the cooks, the secretary that works in the office and sends people the paperwork, they are all getting thrown under the bus by this political agenda.'

Corrupt deal with Cookson for the UCI to make the AAF 'disappear', then shock loss of Cookson to Lappartient in the UCI election, no one left to cover it up, somebody within Sky with a "political agenda" goes to Le Monde and The Guardian newspapers

Or it could all be a coincidence and conspiracy theory by Lance ;)
Hey CL. Can you please point to the part/sections that supports your notion that "Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility" ... that Froome 'had a deal with' UCI/WADA re his AAF.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Alpe. Yeah we get it. Once again, someone's interpretation of words is incorrect and you know all. It has gotten pretty old long ago.
Spetsa ... you misread, terribly, who I am. Like you ... I have an opinion. Obviously, you don't like my opinions. Fine, I can live with that ...we're just bantering on a forum, nothing more.

For some reason ... you think I'm trying to stick it to you. Not really.

Anyway ... have tried to reach out to you before ... to no avail. So I'm finished with this. Think what you like. I'm not going anywhere, bro.
 
Aug 3, 2010
843
0
0
Re: Re:

Alpe73 said:
spetsa said:
Alpe73 said:
ClassicomanoLuigi said:
danielovichdk2 said:
I have come to wonder if Froome already had a deal with the UCI/WADA before his AAF was leaked. Not sure if this has been discussed.

Anyone else who thinks that could be a possibility ?
Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility
http://www.cyclist.co.uk/news/3933/lance-armstrong-on-froome-case-something-is-not-right-about-the-way-this-unfolded

'Who benefits from whatever is going on here, because 100% there is some sort of political agenda that’s getting played out, and Chris Froome and Sky, and for that matter all the other teams and all the other riders, all the mechanics, the cooks, the secretary that works in the office and sends people the paperwork, they are all getting thrown under the bus by this political agenda.'

Corrupt deal with Cookson for the UCI to make the AAF 'disappear', then shock loss of Cookson to Lappartient in the UCI election, no one left to cover it up, somebody within Sky with a "political agenda" goes to Le Monde and The Guardian newspapers

Or it could all be a coincidence and conspiracy theory by Lance ;)
Hey CL. Can you please point to the part/sections that supports your notion that "Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility" ... that Froome 'had a deal with' UCI/WADA re his AAF.

Thanks in advance.
Hey Alpe. Yeah we get it. Once again, someone's interpretation of words is incorrect and you know all. It has gotten pretty old long ago.
Spetsa ... you misread, terribly, who I am. Like you ... I have an opinion. Obviously, you don't like my opinions. Fine, I can live with that ...we're just bantering on a forum, nothing more.

For some reason ... you think I'm trying to stick it to you. Not really.

Anyway ... have tried to reach out to you before ... to no avail. So I'm finished with this. Think what you like. I'm not going anywhere, bro.
We know YOU are not going anywhere. What role do you think your new found posting style may have in others going elsewhere? Or is that your intention?
 
Re: Re:

Alpe73 said:
Hey CL. Can you please point to the part/sections that supports your notion that "Lance agrees 100 percent that it is a possibility" ... that Froome 'had a deal with' UCI/WADA re his AAF.
Thanks in advance.
Lance thinks something doesn't add up with the Froome leak, and his arithmetic has at least five parts: timing, UCI president, motive to damage Sky as a whole organization, UCI / WADA, and nationalism. Lance is an attention-seeking tool for hanging around major races when told to stay away, and Lance's observations on Froome are not especially original. But the fact is: a lot of people out there listen to his podcasts, and Lance would know some things about doping and corruption, through his own contributions to the sport in those two areas.

By the way, people, look at what Alpe73 actually said, why can't he/she ask a polite question? It's got "please", "thank you", contains no 'feckin' profanities, so where is the problem therein ?

So, here we go: Lappartient found out about Froome's AAF literally on his first day of work, and Lappartient complained that he could not understand "how this had befallen him". So the timing on that certainly does look suspicious, and furthermore, Lance claims it is probably related to nationality of French vs. Brit bias
'About a month after that, at the World Championships, is where they have the elections every four years, Cookson loses the election to a French guy, David Lappartient. So he comes in; this entire controversy has spanned two different administrations and so, to me, when you have a shift or a change in administration, people come in and people go out.And so, while it happened under Cookson's watch, or on his watch, there were other people that knew. So, if you’re stressing the leak, there are plenty of people who could have leaked this.'
Okay, seems reasonable about the regime-change hypothesis. Next piece of the puzzle, Lance then claims only WADA or the UCI could have been the source of the leak to Le Monde and the Guardian:
Being convinced that the story was leaked intentionally to the press by somebody with some specific interest, Armstrong also suggests where that might have come from. 'It’s only two organisations that could have leaked it and that is WADA or the UCI. And I mean, somebody with the touch point there,' Armstrong contests.
And that the leaker must be an anti-doping bureaucrat at a medium-to-high level with a grudge against Sky specifically (and possibly anti-British French culprit, as in his his first theory)

Myself I wonder why Lance doesn't give much credence to another possibility: a turncoat leaker from within Sky itself. Because Sky knew about the AAF last September, and the leak to the two newspapers was in December. Is it mere coincidence that one major newspaper is British and the other French? That's another thing Lance doesn't mention. Well, one motive would be maximum bilingual media exposure, but another could be to obscure the nationality of the leaker.

It ain't coincidental that The Guardian had no ethical compunction about exposing Froome. Because she won a sports reporter of the year award, with Froome being her biggest scoop

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2018/mar/14/guardian-and-observer-journalists-win-nine-awards-at-press-awards
 
Re:

yaco said:
Is this the December 21 podcast by Armstrong ? If so, I question why anyone would link it three months later.
Yes it is. I watched it back then. I did not once get the notion that he or Dylan Casey were implying that Froome was cutting a deal. To the contrary ... they seemed sympathetic to Froome’s plight vis a vis the leak, etc. But that’s just my read of it all.
 
Greg Henderson who Froome used to give up his wheel has some words for the Dawg:

"What I can't understand is that Chris Froome has tested higher for salbutamol than any guy we've ever heard of and all the others received bans.

"They're talking Chris Froome not getting a ban and that doesn't make any sense to me."

One of the reasons why Henderson signed with Team Sky in 2010 was because of their strong anti-doping policy.

"That was the thing, there were be barely cough mixture or medication for colds given out," Henderson said.
https://i.stuff.co.nz/sport/other-sports/102156081/greg-henderson-questions-ethics-of-his-former-outfit-team-sky
 
Re: Re:

ClassicomanoLuigi said:
Myself I wonder why Lance doesn't give much credence to another possibility: a turncoat leaker from within Sky itself. Because Sky knew about the AAF last September, and the leak to the two newspapers was in December. Is it mere coincidence that one major newspaper is British and the other French? That's another thing Lance doesn't mention. Well, one motive would be maximum bilingual media exposure, but another could be to obscure the nationality of the leaker.
I think that's pretty straightforward. Lance has been railing against the French since 1999, when French papers wrote that he was a doper. They've been "out to get him" and apparently now other english-speaking riders forever. Accusing Sky doesn't fit his agenda.

He may actually find the Sky story far less plausible, which I would agree with wholeheartedly. Possible, sure. Seems far less likely given the timing and potential motivations.
 
Re:

yaco said:
Is this the December 21 podcast by Armstrong ? If so, I question why anyone would link it three months later.
To make fun of Lance and his ongoing self-aggrandizement
You can ignore forum content that doesn't interest you, it's like three pages now of people's quotes and nested sub-quotes wasted on meta-bickering
Alpe73 said:
Yes it is. I watched it back then. I did not once get the notion that he or Dylan Casey were implying that Froome was cutting a deal. To the contrary ... they seemed sympathetic to Froome’s plight vis a vis the leak, etc. But that’s just my read of it all.
Lance said that he believes 100 percent that the leak was politically motivated, and that it was related to the UCI elections, he doesn't say explicitly whether he believes in a conspiracy theory in which someone was covering for Sky under Cookson. And he certainly didn't say he believes in that 100 percent, and neither did I say he did. That's right
 
Well if you want to make fun of Armstrong take it to that thread - Anyway that particular video has previously been discussed in this thread or another thread - It's not rocket science to suggest the leak was politically motivated and I have my own thoughts as to why.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS