• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1200 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

chuuurles said:
DFA123 said:
chuuurles said:
3 GT's in a row of watching froome take the piss
He was pretty low key in the last two that he won, not really taking the piss and leaning heavily on his team. This is back to 2013 levels.

Fair, but still...
And that all seems fake right now. LIke he easily, easily could've won by much more.

Poels and Henao didn't even need to pull today. Kiri dropped out. This was a 5 man effort.

PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:
PremierAndrew said:
Sunweb's DS's reaction sums it up
What did he say?

Basically said there was no way Dumo could get back even the 40s he needs tomorrow with Froome riding like this, pointed out that Froome took 9 minutes on the guy 3rd in GC in one day and generally looked stunned. Stopped short of saying Froome should be DQ'd immediately
Yeah, and Brian Smith looked genuinely crestfallen. (Maybe because of o'Connor)

PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:
PremierAndrew said:
What did he say?

Basically said there was no way Dumo could get back even the 40s he needs tomorrow with Froome riding like this, pointed out that Froome took 9 minutes on the guy 3rd in GC in one day and generally looked stunned. Stopped short of saying Froome should be DQ'd immediately

So Dumoulin must have taken 6 minutes from that guy as well...

TheSpud said:
PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:
PremierAndrew said:
What did he say?

If you bothered to watch Dumoulin was in a group 7-10 riders. Please do keep up.

Even the German Eurosport commentators couldn't get around the topic of doping today. Jean Claude LeClerque is like the most optimistic person I've ever heard and still he constantly mentioned that this was suspicious as ****. When former pros think this can't be right you know what's going on

thehog said:
TheSpud said:
PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:
PremierAndrew said:
What did he say?

If you bothered to watch Dumoulin was in a group 7-10 riders. Please do keep up.

I did watch and I saw Dumoulin basically having to ride by himself for most of the km after Froome's break.

thehog said:
TheSpud said:
PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:
PremierAndrew said:
What did he say?

If you bothered to watch, Dumoulin rode pretty much all the way with no help, apart from waiting for Reichenbach who did some work but which ultimately probably ended up losing him more time

TheSpud said:
PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:
PremierAndrew said:
What did he say?

lol, quite.

thehog said:
TheSpud said:
PremierAndrew said:
Red Rick said:
PremierAndrew said:
What did he say?

If you're going to be condescending at least try to be remotely accurate.

Gigs_98 said:
Even the German Eurosport commentators couldn't get around the topic of doping today. Jean Claude LeClerque is like the most optimistic person I've ever heard and still he constantly mentioned that this was suspicious as ****. When former pros think this can't be right you know what's going on

As pure spectacle, a great day, but when a man fighting a doping case goes on an 80km solo effort, it’s a little tough to take. People are comparing it to Landis, but to me it’s more Vino from a decade or so ago. Everyone kinda knew but he went on a long solo anyhow.

Btw, what are people’s actual thoughts on sky doping? Real old fashioned doping program or a more I intricate skirting around the rules type of program?

Gigs_98 said:
Karsten Kroon didn't believe it at all either. At first he was convinced Froome would crack, then you could slowly hear him becoming more and more amazed every minute. At one point he said "you don't see this often... I'm sorry to say, but the only similar performance I can think of is Landis"

clydesdale said:
Gigs_98 said:

As pure spectacle, a great day, but when a man fighting a doping case goes on an 80km solo effort, it’s a little tough to take. People are comparing it to Landis, but to me it’s more Vino from a decade or so ago. Everyone kinda knew but he went on a long solo anyhow.

Btw, what are people’s actual thoughts on sky doping? Real old fashioned doping program or a more I intricate skirting around the rules type of program?

His "doping case" is barely a case though. It was blown out of proportion by media and people with zero knowledge about actual doping.

Mar 14, 2009
Visit site
Oh, poor Floyd Landis. He must be pissed off to lose his "performance of the century" title to this asthmatic cheat.

Oh boy.

“History doesn't repeat itself but it often rhymes”

TRENDING THREADS