• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1254 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Re: Re:

silvergrenade said:
thehog said:
MartinGT said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Do you think Froome will go for the tripple if he wins the Tour? That would be really taking the piss if he wins all 3 in one year

Why not, why not the Worlds too?

He has already been stated he wants to win the road race at the worlds. I think Dawg can do it! :p
Werent you in the "Froome cant win one day races camp"?
Anyway, I'm happy theres an extra Froome supporter on the forum. :razz: ;)

No, I was in the Froome can’t win any bike race camp since he spent most of his early career pushing Greg Henderson :p

thehog said:
silvergrenade said:
thehog said:
MartinGT said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:
Do you think Froome will go for the tripple if he wins the Tour? That would be really taking the piss if he wins all 3 in one year

He has already been stated he wants to win the road race at the worlds. I think Dawg can do it! :p
Anyway, I'm happy theres an extra Froome supporter on the forum. :razz:

No, I was in the Froome can’t win any bike race camp since he spent most of his early career pushing Greg Henderson :p
The past doesnt matter mate.
Its the present and the future that counts. :razz: ;)

thehog said:
MartinGT said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Why not, he is a god amongst men :D If doping is as rife as we are led to believe, then he is just better at maximising his potential !

thehog said:
silvergrenade said:
thehog said:
MartinGT said:
Dekker_Tifosi said:

Anyway, I'm happy theres an extra Froome supporter on the forum. :razz: ;)

He’s proved you wrong then it seems....top dawg

Good to see Froome not trying to game the system :cool:

Chris Froome drug defence suffers blow after cycling chiefs cast doubt on key study as tests were on dogs

Now, however, that study is the subject of intense scrutiny with senior figures at the UCI now understood to be questioning whether it is simply a delaying tactic being used to allow Froome to pursue a fifth Tour title next month.

A key flaw appears to be the admission in the Leiden paper that some of their conclusions are actually based on research not on humans but on dogs. It has actually caused some amusement in UCI circles given the British cyclist's 'Froome Dog' nickname.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-5849529/Froome-drug-defence-suffers-blow-cycling-chiefs-cast-doubt-key-study.html

thehog said:

Chris Froome drug defence suffers blow after cycling chiefs cast doubt on key study as tests were on dogs

Now, however, that study is the subject of intense scrutiny with senior figures at the UCI now understood to be questioning whether it is simply a delaying tactic being used to allow Froome to pursue a fifth Tour title next month.

A key flaw appears to be the admission in the Leiden paper that some of their conclusions are actually based on research not on humans but on dogs. It has actually caused some amusement in UCI circles given the British cyclist's 'Froome Dog' nickname.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/othersports/article-5849529/Froome-drug-defence-suffers-blow-cycling-chiefs-cast-doubt-key-study.html

Ouch. Interesting notes about the authors as well. The next few weeks will be interesting ...

thehog said:

Nice to see that the Daily Mail is only a few weeks behind the Clinic. Maybe in a few more weeks they will note some of the other flaws in this study, particularly that actual empirical data that are available don't support it.

And a "delaying tactic"? They can't be serious! A lawyer like Mike Morgan would never intentionally delay a case just so that his client could race in a couple of GTs, and Froome himself is on the record saying that no one wants more than he does for this case to be settled as soon as possible.

Merckx index said:
thehog said:

Nice to see that the Daily Mail is only a few weeks behind the Clinic. Maybe in a few more weeks they will note some of the other flaws in this study, particularly that actual empirical data that are available don't support it.

And a "delaying tactic"? They can't be serious! A lawyer like Mike Morgan would never intentionally delay a case just so that his client could race in a couple of GTs, and Froome himself is on the record saying that no one wants more than he does for this case to be settled as soon as possible.

It’s kinda odd that no journalist reporting on the case actually read the study when it first hit the streets. It’s was simply pushed with the headline “Blow to UCI’s case against Froome”. Now it appears someone read it and now it’s “Blow to Froome’s case” :cool:

Merckx index said:

Love it! Well done, and I could not have said better myself.

thehog said:

Is this the same guy that concluded EPO doesn't enhance performance in a previous study?

Sorry about that. Saw the post that answers this question.

thehog said:
Merckx index said:
thehog said:

It’s kinda odd that no journalist reporting on the case actually read the study when it first hit the streets. It’s was simply pushed with the headline “Blow to UCI’s case against Froome”. Now it appears someone read it and now it’s “Blow to Froome’s case” :cool:

With very few exceptions anglo cycling journalism is like writing for "Pravda" about Soviet cycling.

Merckx index said:
thehog said:

As with much of Lawton's reporting, this looks like something fed to him, not something he's worked out for himself.

Probably important to add that Fluticasone is banned in competition despite Froome using it. Presumably out of competition? :p

2h4hox5.jpg

thehog said:
Probably important to add that Fluticasone is banned in competition despite Froome using it. Presumably out of competition? :p

2h4hox5.jpg

Pretty soon, we're going to find out that he's had Ebola since he was 3, because having diseases and medical conditions are marginal gains. Sky is out cruising the children's ward of hospitals everywhere, looking for the next Chris Froome.

I'm just super sad for Chrissy, that he suffered in silence for so many years...

thehog said:

2h4hox5.jpg
Ventolin and Salbutamol are the same thing. Not that this matters whatsoever in a doping thread :p I just find it funny that he names the same thing twice, as I presume he would know they're the same.

EDIT - and after I posted this, I then read Hog's comment about basically the same. Doh!