• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1257 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

samhocking said:
It doesn't matter even if UCI were pretending to not find motors. Riders crash all the time, frames get broken in half in front of suspicious fans and live TV all the time. None of that is controllable. Wheels fold in half on impact, anyone with an iPad can scan a riders bike, set up a thermal camera, as can any press motorbike or other team directly within the race if they wanted to.

I would also add team bikes get stolen all the time, teams have to carry all equipment with them or fly it when out of Europe. The invisible nature of doping is relatively easy to hide, it just wouldn't be possible to hide a motor very long. You've also got to factor in relative unreliability of a motor. Di2 which isn't even trying to be invisible has scuppered plenty of riders chances. You could almost argue that a rider cracking beyond expectations could be using a motor that stopped working. Remember when a motor stops working it becomes the opposite.
He other factors is no teams use bespoke wheels anymore. Everything is corporate. A motor found in Froomes Shimano hub, rim or Pinarello frame would be the end of Shimano, Pinarello and Team Sky and would be the same for any team. Plenty of team owners have also commented it would be the end of the team if a motor was found. You think they leave it up to UCI and their amazing track record to protect their motor use, think again. They barely trust them to organise themselves letalone anything so fundamental as a teams very survival.

links please. I dont remember the last time a frame burst open in front of fans, but you can obviously provide all the visual evidence for this.

Bikes get stolen from time to time. I dont remember any bikes stolen at the giro.

Doping is easy to hide? Really? Tell that to Willy Voet. Are team cars, buses or Doctors bags checked for dope? Nope.

Motors are as easy to hide especially if someone is waving a tablet at a bike that proves nothing. I mean no one is looking for motors.

As for riders using their own choice of equipment. Happens all the time.

Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:
It doesn't matter even if UCI were pretending to not find motors. Riders crash all the time, frames get broken in half in front of suspicious fans and live TV all the time. None of that is controllable. Wheels fold in half on impact, anyone with an iPad can scan a riders bike, set up a thermal camera, as can any press motorbike or other team directly within the race if they wanted to.

I would also add team bikes get stolen all the time, teams have to carry all equipment with them or fly it when out of Europe. The invisible nature of doping is relatively easy to hide, it just wouldn't be possible to hide a motor very long. You've also got to factor in relative unreliability of a motor. Di2 which isn't even trying to be invisible has scuppered plenty of riders chances. You could almost argue that a rider cracking beyond expectations could be using a motor that stopped working. Remember when a motor stops working it becomes the opposite.
He other factors is no teams use bespoke wheels anymore. Everything is corporate. A motor found in Froomes Shimano hub, rim or Pinarello frame would be the end of Shimano, Pinarello and Team Sky and would be the same for any team. Plenty of team owners have also commented it would be the end of the team if a motor was found. You think they leave it up to UCI and their amazing track record to protect their motor use, think again. They barely trust them to organise themselves letalone anything so fundamental as a teams very survival.

links please. I dont remember the last time a frame burst open in front of fans, but you can obviously provide all the visual evidence for this.

Bikes get stolen from time to time. I dont remember any bikes stolen at the giro.

Doping is easy to hide? Really? Tell that to Willy Voet. Are team cars, buses or Doctors bags checked for dope? Nope.

Motors are as easy to hide especially if someone is waving a tablet at a bike that proves nothing. I mean no one is looking for motors.

How’s about some bona fide visual evidence of the motor in Chris Froome’s bike. Then we can settle it once and for all, B. C’mon, bro ... let us have it. :D

Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

I would also add team bikes get stolen all the time, teams have to carry all enquipment with them or fly it when out of Europe. The invisible nature of doping is relatively easy to hide, it just wouldn't be possible to hide a motor very long. You've also got to factor in relative unreliability of a motor. Di2 which isn't even trying to be invisible has scuppered plenty of riders chances. You could almost argue that a rider cracking beyond expectations could be using a motor that stopped working. Remember when a motor stops working it becomes the opposite.

How’s about some bona fide visual evidence of the motor in Chris Froome’s bike. Then we can settle it once and for all, B. C’mon, bro ... let us have it. :D

Alpe73 said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

I would also add team bikes get stolen all the time, teams have to carry all enquipment with them or fly it when out of Europe. The invisible nature of doping is relatively easy to hide, it just wouldn't be possible to hide a motor very long. You've also got to factor in relative unreliability of a motor. Di2 which isn't even trying to be invisible has scuppered plenty of riders chances. You could almost argue that a rider cracking beyond expectations could be using a motor that stopped working. Remember when a motor stops working it becomes the opposite.

Better than that I can rememner a frame broken in two being collected by a Movistar mechanic on live TV and that being claimed was being done suspiciously because a motor was in the frame and Movistar didn't want it live on TV despite teams never wanting to show brokwn frame and wheels from their riders just racing.
I can think of ag2rs handlebars disintegrating under one of their riders, two Sky wheels disintegrating on live TV. BC disc wheels disintegrating on live TV and multiple crashes where seat stays (Froomes on ventoix was cracked open after RP ride into the back of it exactly where you would want to store a battery pack in seat stays according to the various french TV documentaries and Varjas)
I can remember a Cacendishss wheel folding in half in a sprint, that guy that ride into a dog and his wheels folded up like a taco and various times at races where team mechanics have all the broken frame and wheels on show for everyone to see when transferring from team car to truck.

MartinGT said:
glassmoon said:

LOL He might have it by 2020 :lol:

First of all Vegni wanted it settled before the Giro, next Prudhomme wanted it settled before the Tour and now Guilien wants it settled before the Vuelta. Nobody could have forecast it would take as long.

In fairness to the Sky lawyers they have played for time brilliantly and frustrated the whole process from the outset. The problem for them is how they can explain something that has no logical explanation. I'm sure they are getting handsomely imbursed though and if they are charging by the page they will be laughing.

I don't expect Froome will ride the Vuelta this year though and I'm sure he will be keen to get the case wrapped up soon after the tour.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

samhocking said:
Better than that I can rememner a frame broken in two being collected by a Movistar mechanic on live TV and that being claimed was being done suspiciously because a motor was in the frame and Movistar didn't want it live on TV despite teams never wanting to show brokwn frame and wheels from their riders just racing.
I can think of ag2rs handlebars disintegrating under one of their riders, two Sky wheels disintegrating on live TV. BC disc wheels disintegrating on live TV and multiple crashes where seat stays (Froomes on ventoix was cracked open after RP ride into the back of it exactly where you would want to store a battery pack in seat stays according to the various french TV documentaries and Varjas)
I can remember a Cacendishss wheel folding in half in a sprint, that guy that ride into a dog and his wheels folded up like a taco and various times at races where team mechanics have all the broken frame and wheels on show for everyone to see when transferring from team car to truck.

So no links Sam. Thanks. :)

ontheroad said:
MartinGT said:
glassmoon said:

LOL He might have it by 2020 :lol:

First of all Vegni wanted it settled before the Giro, next Prudhomme wanted it settled before the Tour and now Guilien wants it settled before the Vuelta. Nobody could have forecast it would take as long.

In fairness to the Sky lawyers they have played for time brilliantly and frustrated the whole process from the outset. The problem for them is how they can explain something that has no logical explanation. I'm sure they are getting handsomely imbursed though and if they are charging by the page they will be laughing.

I don't expect Froome will ride the Vuelta this year though and I'm sure he will be keen to get the case wrapped up soon after the tour.

If Froome wins the TDF as expected, and if there is no intervening decision on the AAF (and what would lead us to expect any decision at all, at this point?), why not go for the Triple Crown? It would be no more aberrant than everything else we've seen from the guy since the Vuelta 2011.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
Re:

macbindle said:
Where are your links to evidence of Froome using a motor?

There have been plenty already posted in this thread. Biggest one was the video on youtube that Sky went ballistic over and threatend to sue the poster!!!!

Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

Maybe if you watched cycling you wouldn't need to be spoon fed - The Sky disk wheels happened in the TTT ( stage 1 ) of the 2017 Tirreno Adriatico while you see vision of tem mechanics holding broken frames wheels in nearly every televised race.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Alpe73 said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

Sure, just like the blood bags that got your hero, Armstrong, busted. Still butthurting...... :) bro.

Benotti69 said:
macbindle said:

There have been plenty already posted in this thread. Biggest one was the video on youtube that Sky went ballistic over and threatend to sue the poster!!!!

The one with the HR and power data that was allegedly Froome's? If it was Froome's data then I agree that it poses questions. I can't think of any others though.

The thing is, Froome is still winning....despite the huge furore over motors.

Benotti69 said:
Alpe73 said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

Sure, just like the blood bags that got your hero, Armstrong, busted. Still butthurting...... :) bro.

I'll take that as ... "I got nada, really ... just tilting at windmills ... again." :lol:

May 26, 2010
Visit site

Alpe73 said:
Benotti69 said:
Alpe73 said:
Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

I'll take that as ... "I got nada, really ... just tilting at windmills ... again." :lol:

Just like tilting at Armstrong, bro :lol:

Benotti69 said:
samhocking said:

I'm sure they are all out there, they were all on live TV. Obviously all the races you see broken wheels and frames in mechanics trucks youll have seen over the years too at hotels and finish areas.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

macbindle said:
Benotti69 said:
macbindle said:

The one with the HR and power data that was allegedly Froome's? If it was Froome's data then I agree that it poses questions. I can't think of any others though.

Do some reading. Plenty of evidence agaisnt Froome.

There is no huge furore over motors. Some fans who see the sport for what it is are openly questioning their use, but as far as officialdom goes, they are paying it the smallest amount of lipservice they can, for the obvious reason, the death of the sport.

Benotti69 said:
macbindle said:
Benotti69 said:
macbindle said:

There is no huge furore over motors. Some fans who see the sport for what it is are openly questioning their use, but as far as officialdom goes, they are paying it the smallest amount of lipservice they can, for the obvious reason, the death of the sport.

Feel free to post then

Benotti69 said:
macbindle said:
Benotti69 said:
macbindle said:

There isn't any credible evidence for Froome using a motor. YouTube is awash with hysterical idiots posting clips of Froome changing hand position on his bars, or a soigneur pushing him at the end of a race. Actually, I find that last one the most hilarious. As if Froome would switch his motor on to get back to the team bus :lol:

May 26, 2010
Visit site

rick james said:
Benotti69 said:
macbindle said:
Benotti69 said:
macbindle said:

Feel free to post then

1500 pages and counting.

Thread so long because fanboys and skybots cant see the wood for the trees.

May 26, 2010
Visit site

macbindle said:
Benotti69 said:
macbindle said:
Benotti69 said:
macbindle said:

There isn't any credible evidence for Froome using a motor. YouTube is awash with hysterical idiots posting clips of Froome changing hand position on his bars, or a soigneur pushing him at the end of a race. Actually, I find that last one the most hilarious. As if Froome would switch his motor on to get back to the team bus :lol:

So magic PEDs to turn a 26 year old grupetto fodder into 3 GT in a row champ. Sure. Sure, wonder who Sky will line up next to win 5 TdFs after Froome.

Again, you claim furore about motors in the sport. Dont see it. 1 female pro and a couple of amateurs busted and yet we still get Cookson's version of checks. Harldy a furore.

I point to motor use being discovered as the death of cycling so why would those in the sport highlight it and espcially the current GT champ. We have seen UCI is not interested in anything other than money and those in UCI trying to brown nose their way up to the IOC trough.

Again, i have always argued that in order for people to demand proof (there is lots of evidence) of cheating, whether it be doping or other methods, they need to prove that there are real and honest people trying to catch teams and riders using such methods. But there isn't.