• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 130 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
ianfra said:
As I said in my post and in others before it, I am not a stupid hooker who swallows everything on the line. However, I find it putrid that people can post, and indeed are ALLOWED to post bullsh** about people doping as fact. When in fact it is not facts that they post but allegations. If you post opinion as fact then you are just viewed as utterly stupid by most people. Because people can discern obvious prejudice. What I posted above, in two posts, is some historical facts about Froome. Yes, he did show early talent and his manager at Minolta (Robertson??) actually said that he;d finish high up in the Tour one day because these guys, who know their cycling, can spot talent. I wanted, in my posts above, to try and set the record sraight about Froome. He did not come from 'nowhere' as some ignoramous posters claim. He came from a difficult beginning and showed talent early on. He fought very hard to be where he is now. He has always had strong opinions about doping (and I'm not talking sociopathic distribes that come from people such as LA). That's all. You can argue what you like but you cannot deny facts. I don't believe this guy, or any of the Team Sky, are doping. That's my opinion. You can believe what you like. But for goodness sake, post your concerns as opinion, not as fact. We'd respect you far more for that.

When was any opinion on the forum listed as fact?

You demand one thing and accuse others, who have merely done what you demanded of doing another thing.

Yes I get you're upset. As I said...why come back here if it gets you SO MAD? Are you a glutton for punishment?

When I hear Froome talk openly about doping like a clean rider (we've had many discussions on what they look and sound like in the Clinic, so look it up...quite a few in the JV threads) would, then you'll have a point. You don't. Sky are the MOST hypocritical and deliberately deceptive team purporting to be clean in Pro cycling since US Postal.

Deny it till the cows come home, but Wiggins and Brailsford have said some pearlers the last year and a half. Again, this is all old news ianfra. As I said, think about your health and stay away. You're not going to change a thing here in the Clinic. As I said, the posters don't care. But you do. It's a lose lose scenario for you.

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Enjoy your day ianfra and the Tour and I am being serious here...Froome is definitely going to try and go full genius. He did last year and had the biggest smug look on his face. He's bottled it up for over half a year now. He lacks the restraint to hold it in and yes, I think he will get popped this Tour.

You better hope Armstrong shuts his gob. You better hope the French politicians don't cause a ruckus with the 98 epo retests. You better hope Cookson gets in line. Everything is pointing to some major doping fireworks this year. It's not my fault you don't see the signs.

I have said it several times that Froome lacks maturity, he seems to think he is invincible and he will just ride as hard and as fast as possible and the title is his. Well he did that in the 1 wk stage races this year. Except the majors are very different and so it is in every sport. Takes a different mindset to win a major and a very different mindset to win majors consistently. If Froome sees that all his gusto and fire is going no where this TDF, he may get careless and do an extra PED when he isn't suppose to. Todays TTT may cause a little panic to take seed, he clearly sees Alberto is not mellow and worse team Saxo is strong and worse his team is not as strong as last year! I said sky removing the columbians was a big mistake, although they may have had no choice because of conflicting agendas....
besides all that there is an election coming up and Pat'o boy would love to pop a british rider...so lets watch closely, interesting TDF

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
jilbiker said:
I have said it several times that Froome lacks maturity, he seems to think he is invincible and he will just ride as hard and as fast as possible and the title is his. Well he did that in the 1 wk stage races this year. Except the majors are very different and so it is in every sport. Takes a different mindset to win a major and a very different mindset to win majors consistently. If Froome sees that all his gusto and fire is going no where this TDF, he may get careless and do an extra PED when he isn't suppose to. Todays TTT may cause a little panic to take seed, he clearly sees Alberto is not mellow and worse team Saxo is strong and worse his team is not as strong as last year! I said sky removing the columbians was a big mistake, although they may have had no choice because of conflicting agendas....
besides all that there is an election coming up and Pat'o boy would love to pop a british rider...so lets watch closely, interesting TDF

Good post. Agreed. It will be interesting to see how this plays out. So many things point to people wanting doping talk to stop. BUT all that keeps occurring is more doping is being uncovered.

I think the reason Wiggins stopped was because his lease was up. Had a pass to dope and push the ABP for a while, for British cycling. His time was up. Now he's back to the old Wiggins. Froome I doubt lacks, like you said, that maturity and wisdom to know the gig is up.

Be patient guys...
Just wait until saturday and the first MTF, IMO (based on what he did on that little cat 3 climb last sunday) Froome will go crazy and put 30" into Contador and 1' into the others and the believers will be suddenly keep low profile.

Gregga said:
Be patient guys...
Just wait until saturday and the first MTF, IMO (based on what he did on that little cat 3 climb last sunday) Froome will go crazy and put 30" into Contador and 1' into the others and the believers will be suddenly keep low profile.

The funny part about this Tour will be the new narrative the muppets will have to fashion about the sport being cleaner when the climbing speeds are back to 2007 levels.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
BroDeal said:
The funny part about this Tour will be the new narrative the muppets will have to fashion about the sport being cleaner when the climbing speeds are back to 2007 levels.

What do you mean? Putting 30 sec into Contador = 2007 climbing speeds?

BroDeal said:

No, the funniest part will be watching them convince us that Froome's accelerations mean cycling is clean when last summer the sport was clean because we were no longer seeing accelerations.

funny

Parrulo said:
No, the funniest part will be watching them convince us that Froome's accelerations mean cycling is clean when last summer the sport was clean because we were no longer seeing accelerations.

the funniest part is reading how bad it's going to be.............before it happens

it's a long tour..............who knows what is in store...............enjoy!

Mark L

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
Wow you're smart. :)

In other words, Contador is not beatable legally. Lol, one of the funniest I read there for a long time. Well yeah I suspected such an argument will inevitably taken out from storeroom in case he doesn't win...

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
the sceptic said:
Not by a clown like Froome no

This is dislike in the raw. One can call a rider he dislikes a clown. Will it be logical and rational? I don't think so. This 'clown' owns all the guys this season. For me it can have the only conclusion, he is the man who totally deserves these victories.

ianfra said:
Throughout this thread, I have never read so many dumb insults by people who know nothing about Froome's career. For you who want to know, Froome was bought up in an environment that most people would have run away from, with very little expertise to show him the ropes on how to ride - no club runs for example where people would help you as a youngster. His bike was way too small when he switched to the road - hence he developed a slightly ungainly riding style. Nevertheless, in his first contact with European styled elite riders he showed up well - particularly as a climber. So his history is quite unconventional but he still managed to impress riders around him, team managers, people who know about cycling (unlike some of the posters here) and the coaches at the UCI development centre. He had spectacular results for a rookie who's bike handling skills were, at the time, horrific and got placed at important world level races. The Tour of Japan, The Tour of Korea, Commonwealth Games, races in Italy, France and Belgium all featured in his development as a rider. He is also a highly intelligent and sensitive human being. His success has not come from "nowhere" as many here claim. But he was a late developer because of coming from a cycling backwater(Kenya). I can tell you about cycling backwaters as I race and coach in Thailand. And we here are way ahead of the Kenyans. I understand a book about Froome by an independent writer is due to be published and I think it will put some of the misery in the posts above to shame. The guy is a fighter and has overcome obstacles far larger than most of us have faced to get to where he is. This guy has guts and understands the work ethic.
The guy's a pro cyclist, not a protagonist in a Dickens novel. So what if he's intelligent and sensitive and has overcome obstacles? We're judging whether or not he uses PEDs, not whether he's a nice guy. Alberto Contador is a sensitive, quiet and humble man who has overcome a brain hæmorrhage - he's still a doper. Do I need to mention Nozal, Hamilton and Sinkewitz again? Guys who, all three, have been met by posters on this forum at various times, have all been found to be among the nicest, most personable people you could meet, and who have all been busted for doping... twice? There are probably some clean riders who got all the breaks and treat others like dirt out there, just as some humble, intelligent and sensitive guys are likely doping.

Besides, I wouldn't be so sure his comments at Peraud in the Critérium International point to him still being such a nice and personable guy, maybe he's starting to believe his own hype. A lot of people thought Wiggins to be a nice guy a few years ago, but have changed their tune on him over the last two years as he's got drunk on his own seeming immortality.

Hell, Hitch met Froome back in Madrid in the 2011 Vuelta, when the guy was kind enough to go and talk to fans - some of whom had been calling for his death out on the roads days earlier. The guy, at least at that point, comes across as a pretty decent guy. Doesn't mean he can't be doping, especially when the number of stars that have to align for his hilariously meteoric rise to be plausible are taken into account.
Taxus4a said:
14 (almost 15) is the age he went to Sudafrica, but he didnt start suddenly road. He was focused into collegue till 19 years old, when he start to think in road cycling. As far as I know ( I am not totally sure) he did MTB those years before 19, but nothing serious, just a game.
His first road team was Hi-Q, at 19 or even 20.

If you have another information, please, tell me. I d like to know.

Froome showed stronger than Mollema in Giro delle Regione in 2007. Froome did bad overall becouse he felt three times.

Mollema took up road cycling at 18 or 19 himself. Froome is born May 1985, Mollema November 1986, so he's 18 months younger. Mollema won the Circuito Montáñes and the Tour de l'Avenir that year, and has progressed to rank 18th in the world. Chris Froome ranks 1st comfortably. Given at that point Mollema was a little over 20 and Froome was about to turn 22, it isn't that shocking that he might be stronger.

Besides, just as with the Alpe d'Huez performance, a bit of context is sometimes needed. While Froome looked pretty strong and did well against future WT names like Mollema and Costa, they are also younger than him significantly, which is more of an obvious factor in junior and U23 races, and they are also noticeably a long way off his level at this point in time. Costa was strong at Suisse and Mollema has been excellent at times, but Froome is almost unstoppable now. At the 2011 Vuelta Froome was 2nd and Mollema 4th... but Mollema turned himself inside out for that and ranked 23rd in the world the previous year; Froome was hamstrung by his team and posted unrepresentative, bilharzia-affected results the year earlier.

Guys like Blel Kadri and Andrey Zeits have made decent pros (out of guys noticeably younger than Froome who finished ahead of him in that race), but there's also a lot of names you'd be hard pushed to remember even doing anything in a .2 race in recent years (Gacper Svab? Niki Østergaard? Christoph Sokoll?).

The problem with Froome is, representative pickings that show his talent level are few and far between. There's a reason the cynics keep pointing to San Luca and the 2010 Giro DQ, and there's a reason the believers keep pointing to Alpe d'Huez '08 - because there's precious little else in the way of results that were worth remembering, either for being notably good or notably bad in any way shape or form.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
ebandit said:
sure i had seen a clown in red and white spots.................but it were not froomey

ironic ..... that ..... you would associate being a

............ clown ...............

with the presence of .......... superfluous .......... spots

BroDeal said:

Parrulo said:

Lets not jump the gun just yet. Hasn't happened yet. If it does, there will be plenty of opportunity to make these points.

clowns

autologous said:
ironic ..... that ..... you would associate being a

............ clown ...............

with the presence of .......... superfluous .......... spots

2 cannibals sitting on a beach eating a clown........................one

stops says to the other...........................................................

does this taste FUNNY to you?

not as funny as the potential indignation from the clinic but i try

Mark L

airstream said:
This is dislike in the raw. One can call a rider he dislikes a clown. Will it be logical and rational? I don't think so. This 'clown' owns all the guys this season. For me it can have the only conclusion, he is the man who totally deserves these victories.

But Alberto doesn't deserve his victories? Makes sense.

Airstream do you believe Froome should be shot in the head? I guess not. Makes sense.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

Airstream do you believe Froome should be shot in the head? I guess not. Makes sense.

Surely, he deserves too. I never question legitimacy of one's victories

millionth specification. HIS HONESTY in terms of doping. Know other methods to save it. Call them please?

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:

As for Froome's honesty, I'm not so confident so far. We can discuss this matter if he gets popped. ['I don't believe Froome' is not an opinion, because any rider who dares beat Contador in the Tour, would awarded with such a definition.

Libertine Seguros said:
The guy's a pro cyclist, not a protagonist in a Dickens novel. So what if he's intelligent and sensitive and has overcome obstacles? We're judging whether or not he uses PEDs, not whether he's a nice guy. Alberto Contador is a sensitive, quiet and humble man who has overcome a brain hæmorrhage - he's still a doper. Do I need to mention Nozal, Hamilton and Sinkewitz again? Guys who, all three, have been met by posters on this forum at various times, have all been found to be among the nicest, most personable people you could meet, and who have all been busted for doping... twice? There are probably some clean riders who got all the breaks and treat others like dirt out there, just as some humble, intelligent and sensitive guys are likely doping.

Besides, I wouldn't be so sure his comments at Peraud in the Critérium International point to him still being such a nice and personable guy, maybe he's starting to believe his own hype. A lot of people thought Wiggins to be a nice guy a few years ago, but have changed their tune on him over the last two years as he's got drunk on his own seeming immortality.

Hell, Hitch met Froome back in Madrid in the 2011 Vuelta, when the guy was kind enough to go and talk to fans - some of whom had been calling for his death out on the roads days earlier. The guy, at least at that point, comes across as a pretty decent guy. Doesn't mean he can't be doping, especially when the number of stars that have to align for his hilariously meteoric rise to be plausible are taken into account.

Mollema took up road cycling at 18 or 19 himself. Froome is born May 1985, Mollema November 1986, so he's 18 months younger. Mollema won the Circuito Montáñes and the Tour de l'Avenir that year, and has progressed to rank 18th in the world. Chris Froome ranks 1st comfortably. Given at that point Mollema was a little over 20 and Froome was about to turn 22, it isn't that shocking that he might be stronger.

Besides, just as with the Alpe d'Huez performance, a bit of context is sometimes needed. While Froome looked pretty strong and did well against future WT names like Mollema and Costa, they are also younger than him significantly, which is more of an obvious factor in junior and U23 races, and they are also noticeably a long way off his level at this point in time. Costa was strong at Suisse and Mollema has been excellent at times, but Froome is almost unstoppable now. At the 2011 Vuelta Froome was 2nd and Mollema 4th... but Mollema turned himself inside out for that and ranked 23rd in the world the previous year; Froome was hamstrung by his team and posted unrepresentative, bilharzia-affected results the year earlier.

Guys like Blel Kadri and Andrey Zeits have made decent pros (out of guys noticeably younger than Froome who finished ahead of him in that race), but there's also a lot of names you'd be hard pushed to remember even doing anything in a .2 race in recent years (Gacper Svab? Niki Østergaard? Christoph Sokoll?).

The problem with Froome is, representative pickings that show his talent level are few and far between. There's a reason the cynics keep pointing to San Luca and the 2010 Giro DQ, and there's a reason the believers keep pointing to Alpe d'Huez '08 - because there's precious little else in the way of results that were worth remembering, either for being notably good or notably bad in any way shape or form.

I have explained everything in relation to Froome in the article of my signature

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Libertine Seguros said:
Mollema won the Circuito Montáñes and the Tour de l'Avenir that year, and has progressed to rank 18th in the world. Chris Froome ranks 1st comfortably. Given at that point Mollema was a little over 20 and Froome was about to turn 22, it isn't that shocking that he might be stronger.

Honestly, I cannot stop feel surprised because of how it shocks you. Is there a few examples like that in real life (not in sport) to shock about that so much?:)

Hey airstream; a lot of the history of the Peace Race is tied in with the cobbles and Plattenwege that littered that part of Europe; is Belarus similar? Do you have any hills or cobbled stretches that could be conducive to racing? Do you ever go out towards Raubichi? What are the facilities like, could they still host international competition or do they need updating?

TRENDING THREADS