Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1374 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
He's a decade older, he's not raced in any meaningful way for two years and he has had injuries that (at his age) could have ended a racing career.

And you are wondering why he is crap?
I just think its great that he has been able to recapture the glory days of his early twenties...many an old pro without 'serious' injuries would love to achieve that...

He is back consistently riding at his pre 2011 Vuelta level. Never have we seen such a meteoric rise out of nowhere and a similar fall from grace. Consecutive days riding in the grupetto now, he probably should have got out while he was on top.

Reactions: SHAD0W93
He is back consistently riding at his pre 2011 Vuelta level. Never have we seen such a meteoric rise out of nowhere and a similar fall from grace. Consecutive days riding in the grupetto now, he probably should have got out while he was on top.

Sure, because landing on a chainring at 60km/h in the second big crash during stage one gives you wings......

Reactions: Pinot's goat
its on the front page of cycling news - just give it a read....health issues relating to his gut - remenber he had a parasitic disease - cleared it and he said thats why he could now ride a bike - and won the tour 3 times

I guess ISN cannot create the cocktail he was on before. I swear that some of the team doctors must not make it very known to the rider exactly what they're getting or how. Certainly seems to be a thing with Quick Step

I guess ISN cannot create the cocktail he was on before.
Let me get this right: in 2011 or whenever, he reinvents himself when he and the missus come up with this magic elixir that pushes him to the top and now he's at ISN neither of them can remember what was in it? Is it really too much to ask that conspiracy theories have an element of internal logic? I've seen episodes of Murder, She Wrote which were more tightly written than this. Not many, but a few.

Let me get this right: in 2011 or whenever, he reinvents himself when he and the missus come up with this magic elixir that pushes him to the top and now he's at ISN neither of them can remember what was in it? Is it really too much to ask that conspiracy theories have an element of internal logic? I've seen episodes of Murder, She Wrote which were more tightly written than this. Not many, but a few.
Froome is old & way past his best. Drugs & a "program" have an expiration date, always, i.e. the rider's age & health to be specific.

A comparative would be Armstrong in 2010 at Radioshack who juiced it like in his best years, but he was never going to regain his 2001 form.

Stick a fork in him, he'd done. And then there's the Sky specific preparation entailing God knows what which made their team stronger than others (a bit like Quick Step).

I guess you didn't pick up the humor from my post?

Are you sure you didn't leave it in the car? I think you may have left it in the car. Go check.
Perhaps I did. I also think you are fairly tone deaf and grouchy Fergie, so I won't take it too personally.

Froome is old, post massive injury, and who knows what might be up with whatever his supplementation routines were and now are. I don't find it surprising he is nowhere near where he used to be and I would be very surprised if he got close. It seems like he has quite the spin machine around him, so it is difficult to know where he was post injury and where he is now. There has been a fair bit of BS from his camp about what his progress has been and what his level is.

Unrelated specifically to Froome - I actually do find it interesting when racers switch teams and whatever had been working well no longer works at all (or vice versa). And this is not just PED talk, but a magic mix of everything ... training, coaching, tactics, team cohesion and mood/culture, etc.

ASK THE COMMUNITY