Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 1374 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Badzhilla sure is a strange beast. Even its effects on Froome change depending on whether he does well or not! During his peak domination it was occasionally spun as a "positive constraint" that in the long run allowed Froome to improve more than he would have done without it. There are links to such pieces in this very thread, but I am too lazy to dig them up.

Now we are back to the story badzhilla exclusively held him back. Mkay.

Badzhilla sure is a strange beast. Even its effects on Froome change depending on whether he does well or not! During his peak domination it was occasionally spun as a "positive constraint" that in the long run allowed Froome to improve more than he would have done without it. There are links to such pieces in this very thread, but I am too lazy to dig them up.

Now we are back to the story badzhilla exclusively held him back. Mkay.

This is correct.
His old boss Dave Brailsford once memorably said that Chris gained an advantage by training and racing with bilharzia.
The logic being that once 'cured' that physical handbrake was suddenly taken off, propelling Froome to GT greatness.

Reactions: Ripper
Next comment by Chris: "I felt that something had been holding me back since the crash but I didn't know what. Now everything is clear. I just have to get rid of Godzilla again and we are back in the business. I still need more races under my belt but the Tour is the goal for sure. Tadej is strong but I will start my supersonic RPM training sessions as soon as possible! In the meantime I will discuss the contract extension with my team."

Next comment by Chris: "I felt that something had been holding me back since the crash but I didn't know what. Now everything is clear. I just have to get rid of Godzilla again and we are back in the business. I still need more races under my belt but the Tour is the goal for sure. Tadej is strong but I will start my supersonic RPM training sessions as soon as possible! In the meantime I will discuss the contract extension with my team."
Even though we’ve been hearing him chirp about how things will be after after this, that, or the other, it’s still astounding to me that he could start this. Even if he really did have another case of badzilla, it’s just outlandish to suggest he’ll be competitive with Pog and seeking a contract extension. Seems almost delusional.

I guess I just have to accept that it’s becoming a post-truth world.

ASK THE COMMUNITY