• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 140 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
JimPanzen said:
Totally agree, I actually thought Bertie would be fully back on the program for this years Tour....well that appears not to be the case.

Now that's not fair. If they are clean, which I think is ridiculous, you cannot blame them for encouraging doping.

I'm not blaming them but it's a statement of fact. It's a fact that riders will be more likely to dope when they see something like that of Sky.

"Why not try again? They're getting away with. No way that they can be clean? Porte couldn't even top 30 the tour 2 years ago. And who was Froome 2 years ago."

JimPanzen said:
Totally agree, I actually thought Bertie would be fully back on the program for this years Tour....well that appears not to be the case.

Now that's not fair. If they are clean, which I think is ridiculous, you cannot blame them for encouraging doping.
I think in 2007 and 2009 Contador was using Ferrari, wasn't him?

Even if he is still doping, the type of program makes a difference. Just ask Armstrong. Landis said something about it too.

thehog said:
Yes!

"For godsake Dawg. That was pathetic! What did I tell you about looking tired? And you, Richie! Stop friggin smiling. We're supposed to look like the stage destroyed us. You guys are looking like Contador 2007 or Lance 2001. Start breathing hard for christsakes!"

Time to look forward to stage after stage of Froome being told to slow down on climbs.

Yawn.

Dave.

thehog said:
Yes!

"For godsake Dawg. That was pathetic! What did I tell you about looking tired? And you, Richie! Stop friggin smiling. We're supposed to look like the stage destroyed us. You guys are looking like Contador 2007 or Lance 2001. Start breathing hard for christsakes!"
lol he was SO like RoboBasso v.06 :D priceless. I felt younger. (not that I'm old now) :p

hrotha said:
It's OK, it's cruise mode now (if they can contain the Froome). They only need to stay with their rivals and deliver a couple of ITT within human limits, and they'll do another 1-2 in the GC. They'll probably be very careful with their performance from now on.

But we all know Froome is nuts, so he might go anyway.

They dont need to deliver the itts within human limits at all. Those tts last year where extremely fast, and sky know they can go full power there because the propaganda will say - the climbing is slower.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
autologous said:
The fanboys and sycophants will enjoy it. But how hollow it must be. So hollow that their primary enjoyment is not from the "achievement" of Froome, but from the effect that "achievement" has on others.

nah. its a vicarious thing. jingoism. nationalism.

DirtyWorks said:
No, weak field. Again. For the most visible annual race there is in Pro cycling.

Repeat after me, "Weak field. Favorable course for Sky. Cleanest peloton ever. The rest of the Peloton doesn't train year round. Elliptical chainrings. Marginal gains. Optimized handlebar heights. Clipless pedals.

You forgot a few, so I added them.

Dave.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Ripper said:
BTW - I love how the forums essentially crashed for posting right after the stage finish. May not have been an issue for everyone, but I was unable to get onto the forum at all. No problem with me getting any other site though.

It crashed for everyone. I think that says it all when everyone already knew that Froome was doping how ridiculous today was.

Only Jens_attacks could have predicted todays performance :D

blackcat said:
they are not marginal gains. Brailsford put marginal gains on steroids

Exactly. After today we can throw this "marginal" gains rubbish in the waste bin. Nothing "marginal" about what was demonstrated today it was complete annihilation.

Now, what do people here think Froome / Sky are on and can other teams catch up to the Arms race? I've seen a few theories but no clear trend or consensus view in the Clinic.

Miburo said:
I'm not blaming them but it's a statement of fact. It's a fact that riders will be more likely to dope when they see something like that of Sky.

There was some speculation after TdF 2012/Olympics that the Sky stomp-down was the signal that it was game-on for doping again. We see some solid indications as Hinault/Lemond times simply aren't competitive. But, not the widespread fuel-fest I was expecting.

This looks to me like the UCI picked the winner again.

The British video feed was hilarious. I haven't heard that many superlatives used since Phil and Paul ejaculating over Armstrong.

TRENDING THREADS