• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 163 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
hfer07 said:
+10000000

I also bet you Froome even started to "cool down" over the last k since there was no need to keep pushing the pace...

To be fair to Froome Dog, he lost to Martin by 30 or so seconds at the Olympics TT.

Still no explanation where that TT power was prior to 2012!

Zero to hero makes a sensational return to cycling once more.

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Parrulo said:
After pretty much 1 mountain stage and 1 time trial

1 (1) FROOME Christopher Sky Procycling 42:29:24
2 (2) VALVERDE BELMONTE Alejandro Movistar Team 3:25
3 (3) MOLLEMA Bauke Belkin Pro Cycling Team 3:37
4 (6) CONTADOR VELASCO Alberto Team Saxo-Tinkoff 3:54
5 (5) KREUZIGER Roman Team Saxo-Tinkoff 3:57
6 (4) TEN DAM Laurens Belkin Pro Cycling Team 4:10
7 (13) KWIATKOWSKI Michal Omega Pharma - Quick-Step 4:44
8 (7) QUINTANA ROJAS Nairo Alexander Movistar Team 5:18
9 (10) COSTA Rui Movistar Team 5:37
10 (14) PERAUD Jean-Christophe AG2R La Mondiale 5:39

Seems legit . . .

Has this kind of domination ever been seen?

Totally legit, 1 mountain and 1 (30k) TT = a time gap already big enough to win the Tour. You have to really be not paying attention to believe this stuff.

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
I literally just lost faith in this sport, there is just no way Froome can be clean after his performances this tour, it almost looks like he isnt even trying.

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
BigMac said:
This ridiculous, why do we even bother watching le Tour.

That is a very good question!

I watch because it's good entertainment and I'm not really bothered about doping. I do wonder why the "Not normal / UK Postal / Skybot" brigade bother watching, though. It must be torture for them. Maybe they are indulging their masochistic tendencies.

Mar 10, 2009
Visit site
Froome has always shown world class itt potential. Since he was young, with that pedigree and that remarkably efficient physique that screams time trialist, he was always bound to getting close to the level of itt world championship jersey holders or Olympic itt gold medalists.

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Like a rogue state unrecognised by the international community, the dawg no longer exists in my eyes.

The GC is actually quite interesting/close if you erase him. Might as well write him out before posterity does the job for me.

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
DirtyWorks said:
To be fair to Froome Dog, he lost to Martin by 30 or so seconds at the Olympics TT.

Still no explanation where that TT power was prior to 2012!

Zero to hero makes a sensational return to cycling once more.

He was about 50 seconds down at the 2011 Vuelta over a longer course, same as the Dauphine this year. So an improvement but not the sort that deserves "The day Cycling died" thread, surely?

TRENDING THREADS