• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 376 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2009
Visit site
Granville57 said:
I'm not sure how this is supposed to quell the doubter and skeptics at all. As much as I hesitate to beat the bilharzia drum again...

From my limited time paying attention to the details of the ever-prolonged debate on this subject, this would appear to be yet another version of events.

It was my understanding, based on Chris' own words, that when it was time for one of his routine UCI blood passport tests, he asked them for a "full screening" because he hadn't been feeling 100%. They came back, and informed him, of "a parasite...which is called bilharzia." He didn't say anything about his brother "suggesting" the test.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1bKuqFBrE9o&t=10m36s

Sorry to nitpick this to death, but seriously, WTF is the OFFICIAL story in regards to this ongoing saga? And no, I don't want to have to buy the book to find out.

Thanks. :)

In that video he says he's checked up every 6 months and he says "he probably hasn't got rid of it". What I've read is a person is watched for the first 3 months. Why is Froome getting better care than Joe and Jane Average?

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Wonder if there is a connection to the current events surrounding Sky and Froome loosing time like that (granted it was still small time) for the first time in years... "Off to Tenerife with you my son"

Two Skybots get flagged by bio passport, bunch of Skybots immediately claim various illnesses to drop out of races

I mentioned that last week and the Sky fans basically told me I'd see how wrong I was when Froome came back this week and pummeled everyone.

Long story short, I had a laugh watching today's stage

GuyIncognito said:
Two Skybots get flagged by bio passport, bunch of Skybots immediately claim various illnesses to drop out of races

I mentioned that last week and the Sky fans basically told me I'd see how wrong I was when Froome came back this week and pummeled everyone.

Now show me the Dawg on a leash!

Anyone with link to the highlights?

Justinr

BANNED
Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
GuyIncognito said:

No doubt if he had come back and pummeled everyone you would have been on here saying "there you go, told you he's doping". Now that he has come back and lost a little time, whats the story going to be?

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
GuyIncognito said:

BINGO!
We have a winner here! Spot on with your post!
How come VaaVaaFroome did not have that extra gear in the that high cadence turbo attack? Oh wait there where 2 attacks! Both brought back by Purito&Berto. Froome is still anorexic. Can't be a weight issue? Oh the back. Wait he was training in the snow? Oh maybe he forgot his pillow at home, not enough hand washing, no pineapple juice in the truck, or no finishing bottle?
Marginal Gains Baby!

Justinr said:
No doubt if he had come back and pummeled everyone you would have been on here saying "there you go, told you he's doping". Now that he has come back and lost a little time, whats the story going to be?

I think you're making the mistake of assuming this is a conversation about whether or not Froome is doping. Froome is doping. The conversation is about how, and will they get caught, and has there been some change in the testing regime that will out the dopers. And some schadenfreude about watching them scramble after 2+ years of having a laugh at everyone's expense.

Justinr said:

That would be logical if he had stopped training due to the supposed injury, which he went to great lengths to assure us he didn't, including tweeting pics of himself doing it

red_flanders said:
... And some schadenfreude about watching them scramble after 2+ years of having a laugh at everyone's expense.

I don't want to let this point go. Sky had legendary results for months on end.
The word legendary is abused, but the results were heroic in scale for months (!) at a time at incredibly low rider weights.

There is at least 50 years of competitive cycling history showing that riders that perform like Froome and Co. do not come from nowhere. They display that potential all the way up the amateur ranks. They also never got so skinny.

But, we're supposed to believe it's different this time. This team is riddled with inconsistencies like this.

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
GuyIncognito said:

As did I.... and if anything, his riding style appears to have gotten worse, not better - or maybe it was that time has helped me forget the worst aspects from last year :eek:

red_flanders said:
I think you're making the mistake of assuming this is a conversation about whether or not Froome is doping. Froome is doping. The conversation is about how, and will they get caught, and has there been some change in the testing regime that will out the dopers. And some schadenfreude about watching them scramble after 2+ years of having a laugh at everyone's expense.

Love it how you feel so confident in that, if no real evidence comes out in ten years time will you still be so confident.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
Mellow Velo said:
This.
Looked like stage 20 of the Tour, to me.

But the difference between today and stage 20 of the Tour, was Froome had the Tour in the bag, as it stands this race is still open.

But tomorrow is another day and a longer climb. But I'm not buying the stuff that was said in the race chat thread saying "....that Froome isn't good on short climbs"

Edit: (Mellow Velo not picking a fight with you.)

Mellow Velo said:
This.
Looked like stage 20 of the Tour, to me.

True. In that instance Porte rode everyone off their wheels then Froome went.

This time around Froome sorta went with 2k(?) to go and sorta went up and down. Then couldn't follow. Like how he looked at the 2012 Vuelta.

But it's cold. Not much to take out of today's stage. Tomorrow maybe but he doesn't look like Ventoux Froome. Or Oman Froome.

Over to MishC for the explanation :rolleyes: maybe his brother got Badzhilla again? :cool:

May 26, 2009
Visit site
del1962 said:
Love it how you feel so confident in that, if no real evidence comes out in ten years time will you still be so confident.

Couldn't the same be said about you and your confidence that Froome is clean? What proof do you have that he's clean? Never tested positive isn't a valid reply.