• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 595 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
It deserves to be quoted again.
(I didn't mean to sidetrack things with my forum inquiry)

Digger said:
When the sh** does hit the fan - I will look back on the cowards...the media puppets of sky, the likes of Michelle, Fran and others - Michelle playing the victim, her tears to Kimmage, the likes of Richard Moore, David Walsh, and countless others, their crazed and equally clueless fans....I will look at the bully boy tactics of Brailsford, his bullying of editors...

I ask anyone to just use their common sense - the links are there - not even certain people with links to the UCI believe in Froome - think back to 2010 and how poor they were...look at that autumn...how sky corporate read Brailsford the riot act - what ensued? Leinders that winter...and the rest is history...he clearly showed them how to treat saddle sores alright.

Froome - he was on the outside looking in - was about to be let go - if you could fill out the questionnaire of a person who had all the motive and opportunity to dope, he would tick all the boxes - a desperate man with literally weeks left on a contract- and then, magic, he's climbing with dopers on the steepest climbs of a GT...a ride which has privately drawn disdain amongst others in the peloton. But Sky had a predicament - if they let him go, it's a tacit acceptance that they know he's doping...but how can anyone dope on their watch? Best to sign him up...

People with the marginal gains tripe...you'd struggle to find one that other teams don't do...

The thing is that the supporters look for this evidence - the rumours are dripping out...over 18mths it's slowly slowly coming....Tenerife, to load up on cortisone...the rumours of carbon monoxide use, Shane Sutton telling a concerned wife that 'what we do isn't illegal but it is immoral.' Mechanics are talking...we already have the embarrassment of froome and the cortisone TUE which they clearly got very wrong, regarding the timing...Tiernan Locke, Rogers, Leinders, Henao, the rumours about Uran, the rumours about wiggins and the AICAR from his former Cofidis boss, the fact that so many of their riders started to break down this year - 24months is often the shelf life of cortisone before it starts to break the body down....

They say there was more evidence against lance - yes there was - but not after three years. If the last 18 mths are anything to go by, then the next will be interesting.

Note: the biggest red flag - they can't even get their stories right...from VO2, to the sand shoes, to the bilharzia, to leinders, to blood values...truth is truth - it shouldn't vary.

Personally I will love it when this blows up- for numerous reasons, as outlined above and because of the sh** I've gotten over it - people posting pictures of what they thought was me, my wife and kids being one example. An incident I know full well who was responsible...

You add in Richard Moore telling me he'd 'see me in court' or the idiotic fans telling cound, millar etc that I need to be sued and made an example of, or the 8 page thread on another forum about who I am, or what I do.the point is that the sky fans are possibly even more stupid and rabid than any usp fans were. So to watch this unfold again so soon after is amazing and depressing.
Good post, Digs. :cool:

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Sandshoes et all

I cant believe ive been dragged back into this den of iniquity by Sannies...

Back in May it seems the hot topic for discussion was Sandshoes... I refer you to the attached:

Sandshoes generally white, think old Dunlop tennis shoes only not as sturdy (this example are funky & black, more commonly known round here as Sannies)
Trainers (i apologise for the fuchia pinkness)
Baseball Boots most commonly known as Converse (you cycling types like your brands.. Id call them Basies)
Cycling Shoes) ala Mr Froome in the whatever year Commonwealth Games

I hope we get back to Froome and Sky... Im trying to catch up... But May appears to have gotten sidetracked..

I hope i have offered resolution to the Sandshoe debate.

S61HdI6O.jpg

Knowing my luck the image wont have loaded!!

Digger said:
When the sh** does hit the fan - I will look back on the cowards...the media puppets of sky, the likes of Michelle, Fran and others - Michelle playing the victim, her tears to Kimmage, the likes of Richard Moore, David Walsh, and countless others, their crazed and equally clueless fans....I will look at the bully boy tactics of Brailsford, his bullying of editors...

I ask anyone to just use their common sense - the links are there - not even certain people with links to the UCI believe in Froome - think back to 2010 and how poor they were...look at that autumn...how sky corporate read Brailsford the riot act - what ensued? Leinders that winter...and the rest is history...he clearly showed them how to treat saddle sores alright.

Froome - he was on the outside looking in - was about to be let go - if you could fill out the questionnaire of a person who had all the motive and opportunity to dope, he would tick all the boxes - a desperate man with literally weeks left on a contract- and then, magic, he's climbing with dopers on the steepest climbs of a GT...a ride which has privately drawn disdain amongst others in the peloton. But Sky had a predicament - if they let him go, it's a tacit acceptance that they know he's doping...but how can anyone dope on their watch? Best to sign him up...

People with the marginal gains tripe...you'd struggle to find one that other teams don't do...

The thing is that the supporters look for this evidence - the rumours are dripping out...over 18mths it's slowly slowly coming....Tenerife, to load up on cortisone...the rumours of carbon monoxide use, Shane Sutton telling a concerned wife that 'what we do isn't illegal but it is immoral.' Mechanics are talking...we already have the embarrassment of froome and the cortisone TUE which they clearly got very wrong, regarding the timing...Tiernan Locke, Rogers, Leinders, Henao, the rumours about Uran, the rumours about wiggins and the AICAR from his former Cofidis boss, the fact that so many of their riders started to break down this year - 24months is often the shelf life of cortisone before it starts to break the body down....

They say there was more evidence against lance - yes there was - but not after three years. If the last 18 mths are anything to go by, then the next will be interesting.

Note: the biggest red flag - they can't even get their stories right...from VO2, to the sand shoes, to the bilharzia, to leinders, to blood values...truth is truth - it shouldn't vary.

Personally I will love it when this blows up- for numerous reasons, as outlined above and because of the sh** I've gotten over it - people posting pictures of what they thought was me, my wife and kids being one example. An incident I know full well who was responsible...

You add in Richard Moore telling me he'd 'see me in court' or the idiotic fans telling cound, millar etc that I need to be sued and made an example of, or the 8 page thread on another forum about who I am, or what I do.the point is that the sky fans are possibly even more stupid and rabid than any usp fans were. So to watch this unfold again so soon after is amazing and depressing.

Amazingly accurate summary really. Enough there for a half decent journalist to start digging. Shame there aren't any interested.

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
Digger said:

Which forum was the 8 page thread about who you are and what you do? I would be interested to see who commented and who's side they are on. Nice to see who the Sky apologists are, best mark them down so they can't go into underground and deny what they have been up to, like all the scum bag Armstrong apologists. PM me if you like.

Jun 18, 2009
Visit site
Digger said:
Froome - he was on the outside looking in - was about to be let go - if you could fill out the questionnaire of a person who had all the motive and opportunity to dope, he would tick all the boxes - a desperate man with literally weeks left on a contract- and then, magic, he's climbing with dopers on the steepest climbs of a GT...
...Tiernan Locke, Rogers, Leinders, Henao, the rumours about Uran, the rumours about wiggins and the AICAR from his former Cofidis boss,

This is where I'm not getting it. Was he doped by Sky or not? If yes, why him? Why the zig-zag Froome? Why just before his contract was about to expire? They needed to spend the money?
And if he is doping alone...what's with the bolded section? And if Froome si doped and Sky are doped...separately....a man with a salary so small managed to get the best secret product on the market but a team like Sky or Saxo couldn't?
And if he's doing it alone...why he's not going alone in Tenerife...like Purito? He's doing it but still hiding there from his teammates?
And if the whole team is doing it...how come other riders, built for climbing are not getting close when going uphill?
Peutetre he's doped...but to many question marks. I would like Rogers to be my friend. That man is the Kloden of this generation. I am waiting for their books.

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
No one threatend you, why post that question? If not baiting then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
hahaha - don't bother - that sort of stuff goes both ways though

What sort of stuff?
If you're threatening me it would be more effective if I knew why.

TailWindHome said:

Umm the rules on the forum are very clear that you Cant discuss or reveal posters identities.

I did find it funny that on one of the early pages a poster mocks digger for ignoring that Wiggins and Evans weren't as fast as lance (not entirely true and in any case both were significantly faster than hundreds of other dopers so the argument makes little sense anyway). The post is made in June 2013.

I wonder if the poster revised his opinion on sky a month later when froome very much did match lances times.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
TailWindHome said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post
hahaha - don't bother - that sort of stuff goes both ways though

What sort of stuff?
If you're threatening me it would be more effective if I knew why.

I dont see the threat????

TRENDING THREADS