Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 968 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
28,143
2
0
Re: Re:

wansteadimp said:
Benotti69 said:
Nationality was given as the reason sky get so much criticism.

Sky gets so much flak because they made the huge claim (a lie) that were going to do it clean. They still make this claim after been caught lying so many times. That is why they get so much flak.

Quickstep have 15 stage wins in GTs to date this year but don't get hardly any flak because they don't claim to be clean and none of their fans are claiming they are clean.

Sky fans would like everyone to know that they are clean :lol:
So you're implying that when Lefevre is asked are his riders doping he is saying they are?

Or Quickstep rider Dan Martin hasn't said because he can win it proves you can win clean?

Or Quickstep rider Marcel Kittel hasn't vilified dopers from small teams?
No-one asks Lefevre. Lefevre didn't produce a tome called 'Zero tolerance doping' either and make huge claims about being clean and not employing anyone involved with doping or any doctors from cycling. Lefevre didn't call cycling's biggest critic in to give an interview outlining how the team was going to be clean!

Dan Martin has been quiet on doping, more than usual since joining QS, see his acceptance of Michael Matthews allegation that the chemist tainted his supplement.

Kittel is a hypocrite ready to call out small non European riders, but ignores the obvious mammoths in the room!

Next?
 
I,ve watched the bit where Froome is filmed after the finish - and it does look odd. I,ve rewound it a few times.

A cannondale rider goes past which gives some perspective. At first I thought it was just because they are on the slop, must be on the incline...but i dont think so.

It DOES look like his bike is riding itself. This is well worth a look !! the bike almost takes off with him.
 
Jimsnchz said:
Cycle Chic said:
Jimsnchz said:
Finished watching Stage 12 on Olympic TV broadcast. After the finish Froome is talking to another Sky teammate. Right shoe unclipped, left leg straight. His handler has an arm around his waist. I might be overly exhausted but it looks like the bike starts moving without the cranks moving. Looks strange to the eye. It's at the 1:45 minute of their 2 hour broadcast.
anyone found this yet ? and WHY is Froome constantly on the radio ? when have we seen another rider so much on race radio ????
I have a short clip but have no idea how to post.
Upload it to youtube or just link the URL....
 
Jun 26, 2017
394
0
0
Re: Re:

qwerty16 said:
What does nationality have to do with any of this?

You can write a multiple thousand word-epistle about why to dislike almost any team or rider because of the ****** they are spitting out, but Sky gets singled out by many people just because they are winning. And doing so by riding boring. And by spending massive amounts of money. All other stuff is just nonsense to justify their dislike against Sky.
Good post, spot on! On the otherhand, a little sadist inside me is very very satisfied when I see all the effort they put in to explain to themselves why Froome and Sky aren't worthy winners :lol:
 
Re: Re:

papisimo98 said:
Bag_O_Wallet said:
It is hard to judge the grade of the hill or if there is any slope at that point.
But the man with his arm around his left side hardly seems to be pushing as the bike does seems to accelerate without a pedal stroke.
Use this link: https://youtu.be/CylFWy-HwDk?t=31m50s

Does look odd but can't see him using a motor at the stage end unless it purely by habit. It does look strange though.
 
Re: Re:

Benotti69 said:
wansteadimp said:
Benotti69 said:
Nationality was given as the reason sky get so much criticism.

Sky gets so much flak because they made the huge claim (a lie) that were going to do it clean. They still make this claim after been caught lying so many times. That is why they get so much flak.

Quickstep have 15 stage wins in GTs to date this year but don't get hardly any flak because they don't claim to be clean and none of their fans are claiming they are clean.

Sky fans would like everyone to know that they are clean :lol:
So you're implying that when Lefevre is asked are his riders doping he is saying they are?

Or Quickstep rider Dan Martin hasn't said because he can win it proves you can win clean?

Or Quickstep rider Marcel Kittel hasn't vilified dopers from small teams?
No-one asks Lefevre. Lefevre didn't produce a tome called 'Zero tolerance doping' either and make huge claims about being clean and not employing anyone involved with doping or any doctors from cycling. Lefevre didn't call cycling's biggest critic in to give an interview outlining how the team was going to be clean!

Dan Martin has been quiet on doping, more than usual since joining QS, see his acceptance of Michael Matthews allegation that the chemist tainted his supplement.

Kittel is a hypocrite ready to call out small non European riders, but ignores the obvious mammoths in the room!

Next?
Lefevre not being asked about doping: -

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lefevere-there-has-never-been-organised-doping-on-my-team/

Martin not talking about being clean, ages ago, well nearly 3 weeks ago: -

http://www.independent.ie/sport/columnists/paul-kimmage/paul-kimmage-meets-dan-martin-growing-up-with-the-roches-the-scourge-of-doping-and-tour-de-france-ambitions-36026789.html

Isn't being hypocrites one of the things that makes Sky so despised, why doesn't Kittel & QS suffer the same?

Next?
 
Aug 19, 2009
612
0
0
Re: Re:

thehog said:
papisimo98 said:
Bag_O_Wallet said:
It is hard to judge the grade of the hill or if there is any slope at that point.
But the man with his arm around his left side hardly seems to be pushing as the bike does seems to accelerate without a pedal stroke.
Use this link: https://youtu.be/CylFWy-HwDk?t=31m50s

Does look odd but can't see him using a motor at the stage end unless it purely by habit. It does look strange though.
The Sky swanny seems to accelerate rapidly as well... while toting two bags, and a water bottle in hand.
 
Re: Re:

Bag_O_Wallet said:
thehog said:
papisimo98 said:
Bag_O_Wallet said:
It is hard to judge the grade of the hill or if there is any slope at that point.
But the man with his arm around his left side hardly seems to be pushing as the bike does seems to accelerate without a pedal stroke.
Use this link: https://youtu.be/CylFWy-HwDk?t=31m50s

Does look odd but can't see him using a motor at the stage end unless it purely by habit. It does look strange though.
The Sky swanny seems to accelerate rapidly as well... while toting two bags, and a water bottle in hand.
Good spot. Nothing about Froome adds up. He has one foot off the pedal and bike sitll moves.
 
Re: Re:

wansteadimp said:
Benotti69 said:
wansteadimp said:
Benotti69 said:
Nationality was given as the reason sky get so much criticism.

Sky gets so much flak because they made the huge claim (a lie) that were going to do it clean. They still make this claim after been caught lying so many times. That is why they get so much flak.

Quickstep have 15 stage wins in GTs to date this year but don't get hardly any flak because they don't claim to be clean and none of their fans are claiming they are clean.

Sky fans would like everyone to know that they are clean :lol:
So you're implying that when Lefevre is asked are his riders doping he is saying they are?

Or Quickstep rider Dan Martin hasn't said because he can win it proves you can win clean?

Or Quickstep rider Marcel Kittel hasn't vilified dopers from small teams?
No-one asks Lefevre. Lefevre didn't produce a tome called 'Zero tolerance doping' either and make huge claims about being clean and not employing anyone involved with doping or any doctors from cycling. Lefevre didn't call cycling's biggest critic in to give an interview outlining how the team was going to be clean!

Dan Martin has been quiet on doping, more than usual since joining QS, see his acceptance of Michael Matthews allegation that the chemist tainted his supplement.

Kittel is a hypocrite ready to call out small non European riders, but ignores the obvious mammoths in the room!

Next?
Lefevre not being asked about doping: -

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/lefevere-there-has-never-been-organised-doping-on-my-team/

Martin not talking about being clean, ages ago, well nearly 3 weeks ago: -

http://www.independent.ie/sport/columnists/paul-kimmage/paul-kimmage-meets-dan-martin-growing-up-with-the-roches-the-scourge-of-doping-and-tour-de-france-ambitions-36026789.html

Isn't being hypocrites one of the things that makes Sky so despised, why doesn't Kittel & QS suffer the same?

Next?
You just kinda torpedoed your own theory. You had to go back to 2013 to dig up an article on Lefevre speaking about being clean, this is the same guy who had newspaper articles about his doping past kicking around in the Belgian papers back in 2008 I think. The Martin and Kittel stances on doping were known about long before they every joined Quick Step so hardly due to being at Quick Step. That is your big evidence against Quick Step.

Compare that to SKY who made being clean as one of their main pillars when they formed, the no dopers zero tolerance policy, getting Walsh to shadow the team etc, hell LS explained things so not going to repeat it all again.

Can you show anywhere where Quick Step have gone to the same lengths to promote themsleves as being clean?
 
Re: Re:

thehog said:
papisimo98 said:
Bag_O_Wallet said:
It is hard to judge the grade of the hill or if there is any slope at that point.
But the man with his arm around his left side hardly seems to be pushing as the bike does seems to accelerate without a pedal stroke.
Use this link: https://youtu.be/CylFWy-HwDk?t=31m50s

Does look odd but can't see him using a motor at the stage end unless it purely by habit. It does look strange though.
Of course he needed it. He had to chase the GC group after he crashed, twice. His bike was changed after the first fall. Then he went damn fast limiting his loss to only 20 sec. Whether that's a motor right there or not, we'll probably never find out. I'm waiting for a mechanical at some point during the weekend climbs. Oh, and frantic chatting over the radio.
 
Aug 26, 2014
2,148
0
0
Re: Re:

Rollthedice said:
thehog said:
papisimo98 said:
Bag_O_Wallet said:
It is hard to judge the grade of the hill or if there is any slope at that point.
But the man with his arm around his left side hardly seems to be pushing as the bike does seems to accelerate without a pedal stroke.
Use this link: https://youtu.be/CylFWy-HwDk?t=31m50s

Does look odd but can't see him using a motor at the stage end unless it purely by habit. It does look strange though.
Of course he needed it. He had to chase the GC group after he crashed, twice. His bike was changed after the first fall. Then he went damn fast limiting his loss to only 20 sec. Whether that's a motor right there or not, we'll probably never find out. I'm waiting for a mechanical at some point during the weekend climbs. Oh, and frantic chatting over the radio.
Maybe we should run a sweep-stake: one choice per person per stage for the remainder of the race. :lol:
 
It looks so odd that I'm thinking it must a downhill gradient. I don't know why he would use a motor on such a stage and also not why he'd use it after the stage (it's 2 seperate occasions within 20s - can't be accidental both times)
 
Re:

LaFlorecita said:
It looks so odd that I'm thinking it must a downhill gradient. I don't know why he would use a motor on such a stage and also not why he'd use it after the stage (it's 2 seperate occasions within 20s - can't be accidental both times)
We are talking about the stage he crashed, right? He changed the bike and almost caught the GC guys.
 
I think it is a downhill gradient, just before the Froome clip you see riders who have finished freewheeling back to the finish line only to brake sharply. Also the Cannondale rider that goes past as it pans to Froome appears to speed up without peddling too.
 
Re:

aphronesis said:
I guess I can go on for awhile paraphrasing the fact that there's a difference between being secretive and coy about one's deceptions as opposed to aggressively telegraphing one's purpoted integrity and honesty.

Omitting one's vices and failures is not the same as exploiting monetary and institutional advantages in order to invent and promote nonexistent virtues. While concealing the same vices.

They're not isomorphic.
Should I move this post to the US Politics thread? :D
 
Jul 10, 2009
918
0
0
Re: Re:

thehog said:
papisimo98 said:
Bag_O_Wallet said:
It is hard to judge the grade of the hill or if there is any slope at that point.
But the man with his arm around his left side hardly seems to be pushing as the bike does seems to accelerate without a pedal stroke.
Use this link: https://youtu.be/CylFWy-HwDk?t=31m50s

Does look odd but can't see him using a motor at the stage end unless it purely by habit. It does look strange though.
Yes it does seem strange. How is that bike moving? Was that a downhill slope perhaps? but it did look like there was some burst, was that guy standing next to him pushing. It did not seem like....but also remember he got a bike from the neutral service. Still the bike seems to move on its own
 
May 13, 2015
50
0
0
Re:

Pricey_sky said:
I think it is a downhill gradient, just before the Froome clip you see riders who have finished freewheeling back to the finish line only to brake sharply. Also the Cannondale rider that goes past as it pans to Froome appears to speed up without peddling too.
Yup others are going by and not pedaling. Doggy pulled it off from a dead stop.
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY