• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 52 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I want Froome to go full genius too, i hope that the tour will provide us that at least. Hopefully Contador can push him to these limits.

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Miburo said:
I want Froome to go full genius too, i hope that the tour will provide us that at least. Hopefully Contador can push him to these limits.
Yep, they should have done a TT on Ventoux or Alpe d'Huez. Although the Ventoux stage might be very interesting for comparison.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
not if the pollen count is high

I take it you've not then?, seen lots of people who have and I think pushing their bodies to maximum physical exertion is the last thing they'd want to do.

But then again you probably know best I have only witnessed non athletes.

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
JimmyFingers said:
Wha? Does not compute

No one I know could possibly push their bodies to 100% while suffering from hay fever, surely? And 100% is what Alberto will need to be to get Froome to his best, right. Any ailment or other stops people from performing at their best.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
vetooo ‏@ammattipyoraily

#Dauphine, St. 5, Valmorel (12.73 km) Chris Froome (68 kg): 32:32, 23.48 Kph DrF: 6.06 W/kg. CPL: 6.18 W/kg. BCR: 6.26 W/kg. rst: 6.34 W/kg

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
Moose McKnuckles said:
Froome has always been a great climber. That video of him zig-zagging was a product of shoddy camera work. Inexcusable, really.

And any pictures of him holding on to a motorbike in the 2010 Giro are a result of photoshop.

Great result by Froome, yet again showing what a muppet Brailsford is.

(Because, he didn't realise Froome was worth renewing until he excelled in the 2011 Giro. Seriously, you have a guy's training numbers and can't tell the difference between a 2nd tier domestique and a rider that's the world's 2nd best GC climber and 3rd best time triallist?)

Jul 8, 2009
Visit site
Fearless Greg Lemond said:
The way he bridged the gap to dirty was quite impressive, riding away from him was lets say more impressive. Cyclisme a deux vitesses. Of course dirty had some pollen problems.

Even more impressive was this: http://youtu.be/UOH7gl3Nxgc

@ 3:24 the soon to be winner of the Giro Nibali with Contador in tow "under acceleration" and watch Froome nearly crashing into Contador on his way up the grade to easily gap them both! Ridiculous!

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
vrusimov said:

@ 3:24 the soon to be winner of the Giro Nibali with Contador in tow "under acceleration" and watch Froome nearly crashing into Contador on his way up the grade to easily gap them both! Ridiculous!

Horner stands out even more for me - he sat on Froome's wheel up to the gorup and then lead the charge to chase him down after Froome tried to hip and shoulder Alberto.

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site
vrusimov said:

It's normal in cycling to see riders sandbagging during a stage... but not in every stage of every race until he's 26...

TRENDING THREADS