• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 126 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Parrulo said:
I am going ahead and call BS on this.

The number in a bra size is measurement under the breast so you are telling us that your wife has a chest 96.5 cm wide without even including her breasts even tho she only weights 42?

According to you, your wife is the same height as me ( ya tall fella here) and weights the same as my 1.55 cm high sister who already is pretty damn slim.

So either your wife has the most weirdly shaped body on the planet, or she is missing some limbs in order to bring her weight down ( marginal gains and all that)

Oh and just for reference, my 155cm, 42kg sister wears a 32B bra because 30's are hard to find. And a few friends of mine all between 165/170 and 50/60 wear 32's or 34's.

Anyway to try to put all of this into the context of the topic, i think you are trying the hardest you can to justify froome's physical condition by posting some damn easy to spot BS.

BroDeal said:
frazetta_stickwoman.jpg

Agreed with Parrulo. For such a small lady to have such a large chest... Guess Bro Deal is spot on :D

Just for reference I am 170cm, 67 kg and my EU bra size is 75E which according to this bra size converter is size 34D in the US and 34DD in the UK. My 160cm, 45 kg friend wears 65B which would be 30A and 30B in the US and UK. So yeah.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Don't be late Pedro said:
Thanks Tony Abbot. By the way Galic, I assume you have cut down on the steroids? I have not seen you lose it on this forum for at least a few days. Well done.

Hahahaha. That's a good one. Roids hey? Why would I need them when I can gain muscle mass on my own and drop weight super quick?

Then again if you've seen the new Man of Steel movie I can understand your confusion. You might be thinking Henry Cavill took roids to get that buff. Nope...just trained right. I could show you how, but I think you may prefer the Praying Mantis build.

But don't fret Pedro! All is well...for now. Gonna be a ripper three weeks. Doping talk everywhere. Your Sky boys aren't going to get out of this one clean. ;)

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Hahahaha. That's a good one. Roids hey? Why would I need them when I can gain muscle mass on my own and drop weight super quick?
Sure Galic. Sure... You're a real Richie Porte I am sure.

You should probably get back to your 'No more Boats. No more Boats' poster.

Aug 12, 2009
Visit site
Sure Galic. Sure... You're a real Richie Porte I am sure.

You should probably get back to your 'No more Boats. No more Boats' poster.

Oh too much rain for you little fella? Gonna turn that frown upside down? Don't worry, when you skip the natural legal and legit way of entering Down Under, we'll make an exception for you. I promise. ;)

We'll send the navy to sink your dinghy! They can always do with some target practice.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Galic Ho said:
Oh too much rain for you little fella? Gonna turn that frown upside down? Don't worry, when you skip the natural legal and legit way of entering Down Under, we'll make an exception for you. I promise. ;)
Thanks. You guys sure pay us a lot for us to come over (You do realise I live in Australia?). Oh right, that is because you don't have the skills. Still it paid for my VIP trip to see the Tour this year. I'll be sure to post some pictures for you. :)

Galic Ho said:
We'll send the navy to sink your dinghy! They can always do with some target practice.
If they are as skilled as your bus drivers I would be there a while.

airstream

BANNED
Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Ripper said:
um

WTF is this in the clinic for? I know you like trolling the pages wrt Froome, but still ...

What trolling? I get a sincere buzz when I read the thread. At the beginning people disliked Froome's results, then they started disliking his manner of climbing and handling, then his hands were added to the pile...I'm just wondering how far this preposterousness can go. Say, if Froome wins the Tour, I wouldn't be surprised to read something like 'Froome doesn't have a face of champion' or... 'a nose of champion.' Irrational dislike is able to find ANY far-fetched arguments to dislike someone.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
No way of knowing how useful much of the other information is. The most important information - Chris Froome's position on the graph, likely was not just made up on the spot.

Now Hitch dont be upsetting the fanboys during TdF, you know they dope to post.

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
The Hitch said:
The most important information - Chris Froome's position on the graph, likely was not just made up on the spot.
By that token of reasoning then the same could be said of the other riders. So if Thomas were to start podiuming at a GT I am sure you would be the first to post the same graph and say that this is where he was expected to be, right?

LaFlorecita said:
I suggest you have a look in a dictionary and figure out the definition of "underweight". By the way at 170 cm and 61 kg your BMI isn't pretty low at all (21).

BMI isn't perfect but it is a nice guideline. A BMI of 17 could still be normal.14.2 however...

Imo BMI is underrated. Doctors and dietitians use BMI all the time to determine if someone's overweight or underweight.

To be fair, a fair number of MDs and Dietitians who are up to date do not like to use the BMI due to its shortcomings ... simply put, it misses its mark on so many levels. However, changing entrenched practices is taking time. The BMI is still actually over rated.

This said, extremes are easy to identify without a BMI. Obese is still obese, and insanely skinny is still insanely skinny.

As for H's wife, could be BS, could be artificially enhanced :)eek:) ... don't really care.

For what it's worth, photos of Froome's skinniness, in and of themselves, do not prove doping or anything untoward. With Froome it is all about transformation and changing stories.

ebandit said:
ripper..............'tis here because posters have previously dragged up

this old video as evidence of froomes inability to time trial

just like the video of froomey 'zig zagging' uphill as evidence of his

'doping'

like the childish pics of froomey seperated at birth from aliens

airstream is correct to call such for the bs it is 'filler' introduced by

those who are not so keen on froomey where facts are absent

Mark L

The zig zagging is fair game, given he seems to have gone from barely surviving to destroying.

Alien comments are levity ... totally legit :p

The TT crash photos are a bit silly, given the the race official was strolling across the road near the start of the TT while a rider was starting. In other words, the race official was a total moron. Not saying Froome is a great bike handler (umm, he crashed in yesterday's neutral zone, never a good indication), but the TT skid is not really his fault.

By that token of reasoning then the same could be said of the other riders. So if Thomas were to start podiuming at a GT I am sure you would be the first to post the same graph and say that this is where he was expected to be, right?
No. The graph says "WT Podium", not "GT Podium". If Thomas started being a serious contender in the classics no one would find it odd, except insomuch as everything related to Sky is now suspicious.

TRENDING THREADS