• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 138 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jul 29, 2009
Visit site
well i had a great time today - logged on after watching tour and clinic was no more- perfect denouement- CF, the man who broke the dissenters.
Porte was funny too- he reminded me of that guy that rode all day for Wiggo last year and still beat all the other protected GC guys. Porte was spot on after the stage- he laughed and said it's just as well G has a broke leg or it'd be silly. More silly. Anyway I'm going to France- be there for L'Alpe- to quote a French guy on Twitter:

Je ne dis pas que Froome est dopé, je dis juste qu'il pourrait grimper avec un vélo d'appartement. :eek::eek:

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
Today was a blast but I'm afraid this is the most outrageous performance we'll see from Froome this year. Normally he only needs to cruise to Paris to win it now. Brailsford won't want him riding a sub 38 Alpe, which no doubt he is capable of, because everyone knows that means he's doping. Froome wouldn't just be further incriminating himself, he'd be bringing Wiggins down with him... and with Wiggins, the Olympic track team, etc. It's a domino effect.

Contador won't go down without a fight though, let's hope he can put Froome under some pressure. Ideally on the Alpe stage.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
WOW! So that's clean cycling? 1 Team destroys the whole tour before the final climb. 1 Top domestique rides the remaining 25 riders to shreds. Leader Launches and ends the race on 1 climb. Domestique recovers and comes home second. Top 2 spots on podium decided in 1 stage! Clean cycling my @55!!!

Disgrace!

DirtyWorks said:
Hilarious. He's losing touch. Next comes adopting Brunyeel slogans. As someone mentioned, he's reaching Brunyeelsford personality much faster than I thought.

If they let the Dog off the chain tomorrow then it will be ridiculous and stupid, crazy early. Porte and Froome should come in looking fresh with more stressed GC contenders. Sunday Sky moves the Dog and Porte into 3-5th position with an amazing display of power. The ITT will probably be the last interesting day.

thehog said:
T-1!

Countdown to the Dawg sticking his elbows out as far as possible.

Fingers crossed for the Dawg gesturing at Contador then riding off to win by 3 minutes.

Porte will be best supporting actor. Should seem him get in the gnome position and rip the peloton apart.

Tour should be over this time tomorrow :rolleyes:

Impressive
:D

martinvickers

BANNED
Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Dear Wiggo said:
... snort ...

No wonder Brailsford was suggesting clean performances will one day outdo past doped performances. Has to get ahead of the inevitable.

Right enough, when he said that, i thought...good lord, what are they gonna do?

Oct 16, 2009
Visit site
spalco said:
No way, he can't help himself. I believe Froome doesn't just want to win, he wants to prove he's better than Wiggins.
True, there is hope. Froome is not a product of British Cycling. I'd totally be a fan if he wasn't so utterly, stupidly, ridiculously obvious.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
How is it even possible to go that fast without unlimited epo? And this is after peaking all year round winning every stage race. holy ****.

I wonder if Jimmyvickers is still "not sure" :rolleyes:

Jul 10, 2009
Visit site
vrusimov said:
I wonder how many realize that the Tour is over today...

I do. its over. I see a winning margin of close to 10mins, that is between Sky-1 and whoever is 3. Can this be any more ridiculous than Basso's 9 minute win at the Giro? It is NOT from training. I remember chicken legs winning mountain stages by 4-5minutes, that was ridiculous. When someone looks to be having a fun time when seasoned talented riders are struggling its not that he has more talent, just he has some really good stuff. We saw that with Lance so why do we think the story is any different.

Froome is NOT far and away more talented, neither is Porte, and neither is Wiggins. What a sham for the 100th TDF. I am not watching anymore, rather just read the results. What ever Sky has will be unearthed eventually. But then what a waste of time for the cycling fans.

Galic Ho said:
You really don't like the Spanish do your Foxy? Is it because they kept on winning and Germany went bottom up post Puerto? You'd prefer the most ridiculous transformation in pro cycling since epo came about to win the biggest race of the year, over two guys who were kicking **** since they hopped on bikes? You do know how Valverde got his nickname right? El Imbatido? The Unbeaten? Because he supposedly won 50 straight races as a teenager. When did Froome do that? Oh and one last thing, both Contador, Valverde and Purito are naturals on bikes. They make it look so good. Class is forever. Jan had it, so do the Spaniards. Sky GC riders? Not a chance. Viewing is worse off because of it as well.

I am pleased to see there are more in here who have seen through the fraud Foxxy. Pretending that he is a noble fighter against doping when all that matters to guys like him is that it is the "right" (no matter if he is doped) guy who wins.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
jilbiker said:
I do. its over. I see a winning margin of close to 10mins, that is between Sky-1 and whoever is 3. Can this be any more ridiculous than Basso's 9 minute win at the Giro? It is NOT from training. I remember chicken legs winning mountain stages by 4-5minutes, that was ridiculous. When someone looks to be having a fun time when seasoned talented riders are struggling its not that he has more talent, just he has some really good stuff. We saw that with Lance so why do we think the story is any different.

Froome is NOT far and away more talented, neither is Porte, and neither is Wiggins. What a sham for the 100th TDF. I am not watching anymore, rather just read the results. What ever Sky has will be unearthed eventually. But then what a waste of time for the cycling fans.

Its already been unearthed its called hard work and it was a thing of beauty

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
doc ‏@veloclinic 2h
top 5 dResiduals compared to 2002-2007 baseline; Froome +1.9%, Porte -1.7%, Valverde -2.9%, Mollema -3.0%, ten Dam -3.4%

doc doc ‏@veloclinic 2h
top 5 residuals compared to the 2008-2013 baseline; froome +4.5%, Porte +0.8%, Valverde -0.4%, Mollena -0.5%, ten Dam -0.9%

BOgjJ_RCUAA5oI-.jpg:large

That was as funny as hell. When Quinatana went I thought "Brilliant", a nice easy 4 grand. Well done.
I didn't think they'd catch him but he has been attending the Sir Bradley Wiggins school of descending.
Then when Froome went, I thought "OK, not much point in going to the clinic, it will be broken".
Then I saw Porte laughing and I thought...uh, oh....meltdown.

So, now we know a couple of things. The old guard have gone. Hooray....they've had their time and, given that Contador was doping (now we know just how good he is without the juice)...fair enough. Time for new riders (including Quintana/Mollema etc) cool.

We also know that Froome can break the clinic.

What we don't know is whether he is one of the greatest cyclists to ever ride a bike (and I'm not talking style), or whether he's just another dullard doping his way to victory. It's one or the other. I hope it's greatness....but I'm not convinced after that.

Chapeau for the top entertainment though. And ****ing hell, if you are going to deliver, that's the way to do it.

Mar 18, 2009
Visit site
leon7766 said:
Its already been unearthed its called hard work and it was a thing of beauty
Froome? On a bike? A thing of beauty? Pleease - Laurent Fignon yes, Chris Froome never in a million years.

But Galic Ho is right - real champions show their class from the off - bet this display of donkeys turned thoroughbreds has the press room laughing their butts off again

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I knew cycling was still dirty, but I thought it had gotten better since the Armstrong days. Boy was I wrong. Just got my naïve belief totally shattered.

TRENDING THREADS