• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 139 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Have my own races today so not gonna bother reading through everything here. But just gotta say, this years Tour is going to be 10x funnier than last year. :D I'm looking forward to seeing Froome beating Pantani's record by minutes. :p

Escarabajo said:
That is not good and that is ringing the bells.

They need to put cruise control now or they'll have problems with the media and even the UCI (no matter how corrupt they are they don't like these kind of performances nowadays).
It's OK, it's cruise mode now (if they can contain the Froome). They only need to stay with their rivals and deliver a couple of ITT within human limits, and they'll do another 1-2 in the GC. They'll probably be very careful with their performance from now on.

But we all know Froome is nuts, so he might go anyway.

Im neither defending or attaking, but least with us postal they had the fishy trips to locations and money moved.

In todays modern age these riders are followed, is something going on in tenerife otherwise i dont see were it can happen, they are surely pushing boundaries of legal with some their gains but i dont think froome is piled with epo or the like.

Alpe d'Huez said:
I rarely spend time in the Clinic anymore because of the absurd being the norm, but today took the cake.

I was just laughing at the TV. Even Mrs. Alpe, who doesn't know much at all about cycling cracked a good joke, "Maybe they bought something at GNC."

It was a bit much, wasn't it. It really does make use of the term full genius.

“I know the sport has changed,” said the 28-year-old. “There’s absolutely no way I’d be able to get these results if the sport hadn’t changed. If you look it logically, we know that the sport’s in a better place that it has been for the last 20 or 30 years, so I think the results now are definitely a lot more credible."

How the hell does that go along with having the 3rd best time on the climb ever...exactly, not at all.

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Alpe d'Huez said:
I rarely spend time in the Clinic anymore because of the absurd being the norm, but today took the cake.

I was just laughing at the TV. Even Mrs. Alpe, who doesn't know much at all about cycling cracked a good joke, "Maybe they bought something at GNC."

Well we did try giving you a heads up!

You see when Paul Sherwin and Phil Liggett do muted commentary - then you know the gigs up.:rolleyes:

And Froome, advise - stop looking down at your bowed knees as you are going to go head long into one of your delightful fans.

Jul 11, 2009
Visit site
Will there ever be a tour winner that will be as little appreciated, even reviled, by as many people? This is pouring acid into the Tour's still-festering Armstrong sore.

You could see it in Sean Kelly's eyes during his cyclenews interview. He said the tour was over, but he wasn't saying it in a celebratory way, or even an admiring way. Just a sense of resignation, almost sad.

The stream I was watching switched to the RAI post race coverage. Even there the mood was somber, even though there is no Italian in contention.

The fanboys and sycophants will enjoy it. But how hollow it must be. So hollow that their primary enjoyment is not from the "achievement" of Froome, but from the effect that "achievement" has on others.

Brailsford to Froome tonight:

"Listen, you do understand there is a human limit, do you? And this limit cannot be explained with your stupid suits, rice cakes, cooling down, funny helmets, smooth a$$ cream, and the entire BS that I have to give the media to explain your funny performances, not to say about your silly comeback from a weird bacteria. Either you put your $hit together or somebody is going to rat us out because we are pi$$ing too many people off. Besides I am running out of explanations"

Jul 29, 2012
Visit site
I'm just stunned how the announcers try to justify this.

The dude went 20 seconds slower than a fully doped armstrong and he had no pailheres. And keep in mind that this stage was going full gas all day.

Porte 2012 was already strange but now...He's just ****ing ridiculous.

The doping will go full again. I'm sure every GT-contender thinks they're doping which will encourage them to dope even harder.

Either way even if sky doesn't dope they're encouraging doping in cycling by their performance.

autologous said:
Will there ever be a tour winner that will be as little appreciated, even reviled, by as many people? This is pouring acid into the Tour's still-festering Armstrong sore.

You could see it in Sean Kelly's eyes during his cyclenews interview. He said the tour was over, but he wasn't saying it in a celebratory way, or even an admiring way. Just a sense of resignation, almost sad.

The stream I was watching switched to the RAI post race coverage. Even there the mood was somber, even though there is no Italian in contention.

The fanboys and sycophants will enjoy it. But how hollow it must be. So hollow that their primary enjoyment is not from the "achievement" of Froome, but from the effect that "achievement" has on others.

Nailed it...

Miburo said:
The doping will go full again. I'm sure every GT-contender thinks they're doping which will encourage them to dope even harder.

Totally agree, I actually thought Bertie would be fully back on the program for this years Tour....well that appears not to be the case.

Either way even if sky doesn't dope they're encouraging doping in cycling by their performance.

Now that's not fair. If they are clean, which I think is ridiculous, you cannot blame them for encouraging doping.

Escarabajo said:
Brailsford to Froome tonight:

"Listen, you do understand there is a human limit, do you? And this limit cannot be explained with your stupid suits, rice cakes, cooling down, funny helmets, smooth a$$ cream, and the entire BS that I have to give the media to explain your funny performances, not to say about your silly comeback from a weird bacteria. Either you put your $hit together or somebody is going to rat us out because we are pi$$ing too many people off. Besides I am running out of explanations"

Yes!

"For godsake Dawg. That was pathetic! What did I tell you about looking tired? And you, Richie! Stop friggin smiling. We're supposed to look like the stage destroyed us. You guys are looking like Contador 2007 or Lance 2001. Start breathing hard for christsakes!"

TRENDING THREADS