• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 176 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
The top average speed for a 30+K time trial now looks like this:

1 David Millar - 54.359 km/h
2 Tony Martin - 54.271km/h
3 Lance Armstrong - 53.986 km/h
4 Jan Ullrich - 53.642 km/h

So Tony Martin manages a time trial which puts him amongst three known dopers.

(copy pasted)

By your thinking he is doped to. But im more realistic and i say its clean. And based on the info we have at this moment, i'm right.

EnacheV said:

(copy pasted)

By your thinking he is doped to. But im more realistic and i say its clean. And based on the info we have at this moment, i'm right.
Martin is most likely a doper, or at least he was. You ain't supposed to score a 7 in the suspicion index just by warming down.

But you can't just compare the average speeds of completely different time trials like that. There's too many variables that aren't accounted for.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Millar was clean, he stopped doping in 2001

As for Armstrong, im not sure. I hear bad things but he was only doing around 6.7w/kg which is humanly possible so ill give him the benefit of the doubt

Ullrich was clean of course, never tested positive

cody_57 said:
Not sure what it looks like now, but pretty strong cycling scene way back in SA.

No way. Going by the official story from Skydiots, back in South Africa Froome was racing on something like a Penny Farthing or a safety bicycle with wooden wheels, and he was weighted down by the iklwa he had to carry to fight off lions.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
hrotha said:
Martin is most likely a doper, or at least he was. You ain't supposed to score a 7 in the suspicion index just by warming down.

But you can't just compare the average speeds of completely different time trials like that. There's too many variables that aren't accounted for.

But you compare "scientific" wattages for completely unrelated situations, bare the course. Wattages or km/h ,same thing, numerical expressions to describe an event.

EnacheV said:
But you compare "scientific" wattages for completely unrelated situations, bare the course. Wattages or km/h ,same thing, numerical expressions to describe an event.
W/kg calculations take into account many of the variables a simple look at the average speed doesn't, and the course is the single most decisive one. Try again.

Mar 13, 2009
Visit site
EnacheV said:

(copy pasted)

As opposed to a local TT, TTs at the tour don't start and end in the same place, so there could be a favourable wind the whole way. It's hard enough to get a meaningful result out of doing the same climb on different days, without trying to do it over a different TT course on different days.
Lol I remember a TT, out and back, however the wind was so strong I couldn't ride faster than it even at my back, was going close to 60 kph and there wasn't any wind rushing past me, silence, surreal. Other direction was a b****.
None of what I've said means either way if I think Froome or Martin are doping.

hrotha said:

UCI "Doping Suspicion Index" from 2010
7 / 10

Jeremy Hunt, Andreas Kloden, Tony Martin, Christophe Moreau, Michael Rogers, Wesley Sulzberger

6 / 10

Linus Gerdemann, Christian Knees, Egoi Martinez, Francesco Reda, Alessandro Petacchi, Mauro Santambrogio, Geraint Thomas

5 / 10

Alessandro Ballan, Matti Breschel, Alberto Contador, Cyril Gautier, Iniaki Isasi, Serguei Ivanov, Vladimir Karpets, Alexandr Kolobnev, Kartsen Kroon, Steve Morabito, Benjamin Noval, Jose Joaquin Rojas, Niki Sorensen, Alexandre Vinokourov, Bradley Wiggins

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/8...d-from-2010-Tour-de-France.aspx#ixzz2YgcYlnWJ
Nah, I'd say nobody of any suspicion around him. :rolleyes:

Edit: Old news, I know but some still behave like they have never seen it.

EnacheV

BANNED
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Well i would love to agree with you

When a number from a test goes beyond something a rider is suspended. That's science

When wattage goes over a number, nothing happens. Because you can't suspend people for going to fast, jumping to high, swimming to fast, etc

What was the quote by Jan Ulrich ? if you cant put 1+1 together you are beyond my help :D

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
EnacheV said:
What was the quote by Jan Ulrich ? if you cant put 1+1 together you are beyond my help :D

Wow! You're using that quote in defence of the 'cleanest peloton ever'? Really!?

That's brassy! I like it.

Beyond help, indeed. ;)

bolded:
obvious/noticeable drop in performance since 2010
retired
tested positive
former/current Team Sky rider

7 / 10
Jeremy Hunt, Andreas Kloden, Tony Martin, Christophe Moreau, Michael Rogers, Wesley Sulzberger

6 / 10
Linus Gerdemann, Christian Knees, Egoi Martinez, Francesco Reda, Alessandro Petacchi, Mauro Santambrogio, Geraint Thomas

5 / 10
Alessandro Ballan, Matti Breschel, Alberto Contador, Cyril Gautier, Iniaki Isasi, Serguei Ivanov, Vladimir Karpets, Alexandr Kolobnev, Kartsen Kroon, Steve Morabito, Benjamin Noval, Jose Joaquin Rojas, Niki Sorensen, Alexandre Vinokourov, Bradley Wiggins

EnacheV said:
Well i would love to agree with you

When a number from a test goes beyond something a rider is suspended. That's science

When wattage goes over a number, nothing happens. Because you can't suspend people for going to fast, jumping to high, swimming to fast, etc

Can you be suspended for blatant, and repeated use of "to" in place of "too"?:D

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
EnacheV said:

(copy pasted)

This data confirms it. No-one can be in the company of Millar and Armstrong without being a doper. Therefore, Martin is a doper. ;)

A question: If we assume Froome, Valverde, Contador et al are still all doping, they clearly aren't doing the same drugs. If Valverde and Contador are doing what we assume they know, ie. some blood doping and maybe microdosing, then what the hell is Froome doing?

Perhaps after the EPO positives in the Giro, Valverde and Contador are holding back, but it still doesn't explain the obvious difference with Froome. We all know that Valverde and Contador are good responders judging by past results.

So basically, what is Froome on?

buckle said:
I sincerely believe that ASO|UCI panicked into giving SKY a free pass. They are looking for anybody with a semblance of respectability. Wiggins with his gold medals seemed to fit the bill. They underestimated DB's greed last year however wanting two on the podium so managed a block after last Saturday's farce but like a greedy London banker, DB will be back for more. Porte's performance today suggests he is not happy with the latest development.

Hugh Januss said:
Pretty exciting top 5 if you just take the dawg out.:rolleyes:
Just sayin'

gooner said:
Kimmage again expresses his suspicions about Froome.

Starts 27 mins 25 secs in.

http://www.newstalk.ie/player/listen_back/10/2493/10th_July_2013_-_Off_The_Ball_Part_1

He is baffled by team SKY's tactics in respect of Porte. Some clinic members predicted that Richie would go full genius again ...

TRENDING THREADS