• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 399 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
May 26, 2010
Visit site
LaFlorecita said:
+1

For me, whenever someone shouts "I'm clean!!" from every rooftop, I doubt them more.

especially when not being the least bit transparent....:D

It really is simple. Release all the numbers (inc vo2max) from when turned pro. But it aint gonna happen because he dopes! Simples.:)

Benotti69 said:
Mr and Mrs Froome doth protest their innocence too much.

LaFlorecita said:
+1

For me, whenever someone shouts "I'm clean!!" from every rooftop, I doubt them more.

Well no, innocent people can protest their innocence. Also Cound herself probably actually believes Froome doesn't dope, same as many family membes in high profile cases always believe their relation is innocent.

So while Cound displays way too much ignorance for someone who has an opinion on the matter, places a self deluded ammount of credit into her own ability to get the truth from her boyfriend by looking into his eyes:rolleyes: and can be quite annoying in the way she goes about it, her shouting it all the time really doesn't mean anything when it comes to the question of whether or not Froome dopes.

May 26, 2009
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Well no, innocent people can protest their innocence. Also Cound herself probably actually believes Froome doesn't dope, same as many family membes in high profile cases always believe their relation is innocent.

So while Cound displays way too much ignorance for someone who has an opinion on the matter, places a self deluded ammount of credit into her own ability to get the truth from her boyfriend by looking into his eyes:rolleyes:
and can be quite annoying in the way she goes about it, her shouting it all the time really doesn't mean anything when it comes to the question of whether or not Froome dopes.

Surely she should just get Brailsford to do that. He knew that Hayles was innocent when he looked into his eyes.

Alphabet said:
I hate to wish ill on anybody, but imagine the meltdown if Cound and Froome break up. :D

Making yourself the official mouthpiece and defender-in-chief for somebody else, is, incidentally, asking for trouble, and there will be some hearty laughter to be had digging up old tweets when Froome is outed.

You'd think so but no one who defended Armstrong ever paid for it. Ligget still hasn't apologized for slandering USADA by claiming he had evidence the whole thing was fabricated.

Cound, depending on her position, might just do a wiggins and claim she always knew her dearly beloved was doping and actually always hated him for it. The pic of her side by side with froome will disapear and be replaced with her on her own.

Alphabet said:
Yep, and that incident, for me, robs her of any credibility and any chance of objectivity when it comes to her boyfriend. If you're going start a fight with your boyfriend's team leader's wife over non-negotiable orders from the directeur sportif, then you're nothing more than a blind fanboy (or girl, in this case).

To be fair to Cound, she was in the right on that, and she received a lot of horrible extremely sexist vitriol of the - "stay in the kitchen, let the men do their jobs," type, for it.

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
To be clear. My Twitter account is @fumynm. I was NOT trying to insight a twitter meltdown. I just wanted to point out a sure way Chris/SKY could prove he is clean. His sudden transformation and SKY's bogus/weird explanations. Just do not jive in the post Armstrong era. A lot of posters where WAY out of bounds on there responses to M.Cound. I apologize for that.

If I'm Chris. I have won the Tour. I have a boat load of dough. I would release every bit of data I had. If I'm clean. I can lay my head down at night and sleep well. Let the "experts" fight over it. But I did all I could to be open and transparent.

Again....Apologies to M.Cound. My tweet was not meant to harm or set off a blaze.

pastronef said:
tweet from Nathan Earle, young Australian promise who just made the leap from Huon-Genesys to Team Sky

Nathan Earle ‏@NathEarle
Volta Catalunya done and dusted. Froomey 6th on gc. I'm ruined!! :p Great experience and a privilege to ride with @TeamSky @chrisfroome

who can blame him? I can't

Why can't you blame him? ..not that i blame him.

deviant said:
She's South African, what do people expect?!

No you are very wrong, She is a far cry from what comes out of South Africa. However, She is from the South of Johannesburg and if you knew what was produced there you would totally understand. Her name was **** here when she was doing "intervals" with Pros locally. Nothing has changed just the status she tries to carry.

Oct 21, 2012
twitter.com
The Hitch said:
You'd think so but no one who defended Armstrong ever paid for it. Ligget still hasn't apologized for slandering USADA by claiming he had evidence the whole thing was fabricated.

Cound, depending on her position, might just do a wiggins and claim she always knew her dearly beloved was doping and actually always hated him for it. The pic of her side by side with froome will disapear and be replaced with her on her own.

They were publicly humiliated, at least, which is bad enough.

The Hitch said:
To be fair to Cound, she was in the right on that, and she received a lot of horrible extremely sexist vitriol of the - "stay in the kitchen, let the men do their jobs," type, for it.

Sure, but targetting Mrs. Wiggins wasn't fair at all. She should have said it straight up to Brailsford, or whoever it was that gave the order for Froome to slow down.

Colonel said:
No you are very wrong, She is a far cry from what comes out of South Africa. However, She is from the South of Johannesburg and if you knew what was produced there you would totally understand. Her name was **** here when she was doing "intervals" with Pros locally. Nothing has changed just the status she tries to carry.

What's wrong with south Johannesburg?

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Much hate here...
What if Froome complies to all your wishes and releases his data from Barlo, UCI "school", Sky-pre-&-after-Vuelta2011?
Assume there would be nothing suspect in his data, would the hate stop? Would there be anything different?
A big fat NO. It´s a lose-lose situation for him, no matter what he does, people would still find something suspect to fulfil their prejudice...

Sep 29, 2012
dearwiggo.blogspot.com.au
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
Much hate here...
What if Froome complies to all your wishes and releases his data from Barlo, UCI "school", Sky-pre-&-after-Vuelta2011?
Assume there would be nothing suspect in his data, would the hate stop? Would there be anything different?
A big fat NO. It´s a lose-lose situation for him, no matter what he does, people would still find something suspect to fulfil their prejudice...

No change? So he was as powerful over 1, 5, 20 and 60 minutes at Barloworld as he is now?

Ummm....

Sure thing.

As for the hate thing? Give it a rest.

TRENDING THREADS