• The Cycling News forum is looking to add some volunteer moderators with Red Rick's recent retirement. If you're interested in helping keep our discussions on track, send a direct message to @SHaines here on the forum, or use the Contact Us form to message the Community Team.

In the meanwhile, please use the Report option if you see a post that doesn't fit within the forum rules.

Thanks!

Teams & Riders Froome Talk Only

Page 402 - Get up to date with the latest news, scores & standings from the Cycling News Community.
Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
hrotha said:
No one can prove they're clean, but Froome and Sky can at least walk the walk on transparency. So doing that would help on that front.

Which, by the way, is one of the biggest problems people have with Sky.

If that would be true, fine... But when I read here, people have a problem with Froomes explosion in 2011. They hate him, they are sure he is a doper, releasing data helps no one, but a few experts who are really into it. All others would only use the data to "prove" their points; either saying he is clean or not. It would be a PR disaster no matter what...

Aug 31, 2012
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
It seems my post is misunderstood by some. I blame my grammar for it...
Anyway. I wasn´t talking about if he is clean or not, I was asking if anything would change if he releases his complete data, and there would be nothing suspicious to see...
The answer is no. Nobody would change his view of Froome. Thus it makes no sense for him to release his files.
So why are people still asking for it??? It makes no sense...

There is another, more probable, reason why it doesn't make sense for him to release the data.

While we still haven't got the data, though, it would be an interesting exercise for the informed posters to state what kind of data would change their mind, one way or another.

Jun 15, 2009
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Questioning a guy who came from nowhere hate? That is pure trollling.

I saw worse transformations by wayyy older riders in the last couple of years only. And I havn´t even checked years 1900-2010...

What we have with Froome is pure hate, while some old one legged rider gets respect. I don´t get it...

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
The Hitch said:
Well grape said his power outputs remained the same from Sep 2011 to July 2013, ergo he didn't start doing anything extra jn that time. The relevant comparison is pre 11 vuelta to any time post it. That one will raise questions either way for sky - either, why did his power output increase so much, or, why wasn't he performing with such a high power output. But funnily, brailsford doesnt give that data. No, conveniently, that bit gets left out. Some coincidence eh.

If he was carrying an illness such as Bilharzia could that explain his poor performance pre 2011?

Setting aside any doubts you may have with regard to timescales, whether it was genuine or not. etc etc

May 26, 2010
Visit site
TailWindHome said:
If he was carrying an illness such as Bilharzia could that explain his poor performance pre 2011?

Setting aside any doubts you may have with regard to timescales, whether it was genuine or not. etc etc

The Bilharzia excuse doesn't wash.

Justinr

BANNED
Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
TailWindHome said:

Whether it does or doesnt it wont satisfy many people on here who only see the answer as doping and seemingly see conspiracy and corruption everytime they turn the corner.

May 26, 2010
Visit site
FoxxyBrown1111 said:
I saw worse transformations by wayyy older riders in the last couple of years only. And I havn´t even checked years 1900-2010...

What we have with Froome is pure hate, while some old one legged rider gets respect. I don´t get it...

A few names would be good.

Froome was a bottle carrier who had to relinquish his bike to teammates if needed then he went to 2nd on Vuelta podium and would've won it if he did not have to work for Wiggins.

Dont see much hate of Froome just hatred of doping.

As for releasing the data, Sky said they were going to be transparent from day 1.

Why would Sky give a fig about internet opinions if the papers got trusted and credible sports scientists to analyse the data and showed us it was all possible? Not someone like Grappe, who didn't even get Froome's vo2max so it was a waste looking at the data!

The Hitch said:
Yep, to believe in froome, it's important to have faith.

Or rather, FAITH - **** All In The Head.

Play the ball not the man. I see neither of you actually answered my points. Rather telling I'd say. No need to get personal with anyone that doesn't follow your totalitarian view.

I don't know whether he's doped or not. I'm open minded about it. You've made up your tiny mind, fair enough I guess.

FoxxyBrown1111 said:
It seems my post is misunderstood by some. I blame my grammar for it...
I was asking if anything would change if he releases his complete data, and there would be nothing suspicious to see...
The answer is no.

The answer is quite obviously yes. He'd convince everyone but a few die hards. IF (and that's a gigantic if) there were nothing suspicious to see.

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
bigcog said:
Play the ball not the man. I see neither of you actually answered my points. Rather telling I'd say. No need to get personal with anyone that doesn't follow your totalitarian view.

I don't know whether he's doped or not. I'm open minded about it. You've made up your tiny mind, fair enough I guess.

any chance instead of being a crybaby, you could use your superior mind to explain what everyone who thinks Froome is doping are missing? What are we supposed to open our minds to? Please, do share. I am ready to expand my mind.

Digger said:
Name them.....

graphRiderHistory.asp

What do you think of this profile for a rider born in 1977

I think he is clean but that is not the point

Gung Ho Gun said:
The answer is quite obviously yes. He'd convince everyone but a few die hards. IF (and that's a gigantic if) there were nothing suspicious to see.

But isn't that the point. Of course there is something suspicious to see! Quantifying his improvement in mid 2011 with the power data isn't going to make the improvement go away, or change anyone's mind as to the explanation for the improvement, so why bother releasing it?

May 26, 2009
Visit site
RownhamHill said:
But isn't that the point. Of course there is something suspicious to see! Quantifying his improvement in mid 2011 with the power data isn't going to make the improvement go away, or change anyone's mind as to the explanation for the improvement, so why bother releasing it?

So why release the data from the Vuelta 2011-when it was released last year?

Apr 8, 2014
Visit site
Benotti69 said:
Foxy said "by wayyy older riders", plural, Horner could be one, but then Horner did finish top 20 in a GT 4 times before finally winning one.

I agree with you- Horner's 'transformation' is less unbelievable than Froome's.

TRENDING THREADS